[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a climbing hold company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hi DIY,

In februari a friend and I will start a little hobby company. We hope it will be a bit bigger and profitable in the future, but first just start because our passion.
The main idea is to design and build climbing holds and volumes.
Now have we checked different youtube movies about it and read a lot of different articles about it, but we havn't spoken to someone who already did this and got great results.
Is there someone on DIY who could help us out with just some pictures, tips and tricks to get the best results.
Please contact kik:grandojo

Cheers!
>>
First, you need to consider why people should buy from you? What do you have to offer compared to other suppliers? Specifically, if you're charging more or the same (since you don't have a reputation) for a comparable product, what makes your product special. If you're going cheaper, how do you intend to compete with economies of scale large manufacturers are enjoying the benefits of?
>>
>>1103265
True we thought about it.
We want to create good quality holds for a normal price. I have 16 years of experience with climbing and my friend is climbing for like 10 years now.
The holds we're gonna make will be the "indoor" holds for different climbing and bouldering areas. We climb outside almost every month so we really want to spend some time to create nice holds.
We don't want to copy the rock, but there must be similar features on the hold tho.

All this above is our idea for the company.
We're working on our business plan right now and we're not gonna start with goals that are to hard to reach.
We will have most fun to build our own holds and when when we are ready for it we're gonna sell them.

So even if the company will fail, we still are able to create our own good climbing holds and thats what its all about.
Our passion
>>
You might want to consult someone with knowledge on liability law, insurance and contracts. Just in case someone ends up permanently disabled and decides you're to blame.
>>
>>1103347
This. You gonna have lots of potential liability and need to learn business insurance, incorporation etc to protect yourselves.

You could build your own for private, non-biz use tho.
>>
So you've said you and your friend are experienced climbers, but what's your experience with manufacturing and design? What materials and methods are you planning on working with? What's your plan for testing your products?

A lot of the answers to your main question depend on the answers to those questions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.