[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Record Barking for Evidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Great Dane Barking.jpg (59KB, 340x504px) Image search: [Google]
Great Dane Barking.jpg
59KB, 340x504px
So some neighbors have Great Danes that they put out every evening around 6 to bark continuously until 10 pm. As has been my experience with dog owners, they ignore complaints. I called animal control but they are off work at 5 and the dogs aren't out or don't bark during the day. Before Animal Control will do anything they claim to need evidence that "will stand up in court".

I thinking something that will record the barks with a timestamp and then can be summarized in a log. Maybe a directional microphone connected to a computer recorder which only activates when barks are detected. Maybe something like Audacity with a threshold detector.

Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.
>>
>>1102956
Take a video
>>
>>1102956
Take a video of you having sex with the dogs and leave a note with the tape in their mailbox. Thanking them for leaving their barking dogs out for you to pleasure yourself with. "Yiff yiff mother fuckers!"
>>
>>1102956
6AM til 10PM? As in the middle of the day? Its perfectly legal for them to make as much noise as they feel like. You'll have to either suck it up and stop being a millennial or move.
>>
lure the dogs out of their yard and shoot them
>>
>>1103047
>6AM
Not OP but your ignorance has triggered my response. Can you not read, nigger?

>>1102956
>every evening around 6
>every evening
>EVENING
>every evening around 6
>>
you're gonna need to take video, with sound, but also have a calibrated microphone (this will have to be omnidirectional, for reasons, but that's ok) hooked-up to an SPL logger/dosimeter. So you can keep track of how loud it is, when, and for what duration.

The text data can be made into fancy graphics that even police officers can understand.
>>
>>1103047
>stop being a millennia

People born all the way back in 1982 are still considered a "millennial"

Thats a really stupid insult, especially considering that if you are 35 and older you probably shouldnt be on a Tibetan throat singing forum.
>>
>>1103054
>especially considering that if you are 35 and older you probably shouldnt be on a Tibetan throat singing forum
Not him, but why not? If a 40 year-old man goes to work, pays his bills, shows attention to his wife and kids, and lets the dog out every morning why can't he lurk moar on the shitter?
>>
here's a crazy diy idea for you: stop being a spineless bitch and go talk to the owners. stop being a passive aggressive slut.
>>
>>1102966
seriously, don't make this harder than you need to
take a video of yourself pouting with the dogs barking in the background
take several videos and do some sort of time stamp where you point the camera at a clock or some crap
>>
>>1103056
>why can't he lurk moar on the shitter?
4chan is for cool teens, that's why, bub
>>
>>1102956
Just kill the dog
>>
File: Ceacal6[1].jpg (23KB, 343x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ceacal6[1].jpg
23KB, 343x250px
>>1102956
My roommate and I had a similar problem, but with some little shit dog that was yipyipyip all night. We know a guy that has chickens. We just had him collect up a large coffee can's worth of chicken shit and dumped it over the fence. As expected, the dog fucking loved it. Rolled in it, ate it, had a grand ol' time. Did that a half dozen times randomly and, magically, the fuckers stopped putting the dog out at night. Make sure it's still juicey, not dried out. Don't get caught.
>>
>>1103053

Thanks. What program is that in your screen shot? I looked at some SPL logger/dosimiters but they are way expensive.

To those suggesting a video, the dogs are not outside my window but several houses down, not visible from my house. If I stand there with a camera, they could just say it was me that caused the dogs to bark. Besides, it's dark at night.

As for speaking to them, I have tried that. They are typical entitled pricks who think everyone should just ignore their dogs. I am probably the only person in the neighborhood who doesn't have two Labrador Retrievers so it's not like anyone else is going to complain.
>>
>>1102956

In my city Animal Control requires you to talk to the neighbor, then send a registered letter, then seek out city sponsored mediation, get 3 police reports, then and only then will they get involved, each step has to have a 30 day cool down period
Then they only get involved if the offending dogs bark continuously for 30 non-stop, you have to record it with a time stamp, no pauses no breaks, if the dog stops for a breath and the barking stops the timer must be reset
Because of these rules a lot of dogs just get poisoned or shot
We also have a weird meandering city limit, the county is around and in the city, so one side of a street is city and another is county, I am in the city the neighbor is in the county and they both have different rules, I can legally have 4 dogs, he can have 10
Ended up getting 2 ultrasonic dog bark silencer, when it hears the dog bark it blasts some sound only dogs can hear and it makes their heads hurt, I put them up in some trees and painted them
So far so good, 6 months, so far, of wonderful nighttime sleep
(the neighbor worked a 12 shift at night dogs went outside at 6pm and stayed until 9am, 6 Huskies, fucking thought I was in Call of the Wild every night)
>>
>>1103114
That is fucking brilliant
>>
>>1103092
Dark Chocolate covered coffee beans, roll them in bacon fat if you have to, just a few should do it
>>
>>1103047
Did you even attempt to read the OP before launching off on your retarded tirade? Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>1103178
>2 ultrasonic dog bark silencer,

Heh, I remember reading the patent for that when it was issued and wondering if it would work. How close to the pest do they have to be?
>>
Fuck dog, kill owner, marry animal control
>>
>>1103054
By who? The central authority on generation dating? There is no such organization and sources disagree with your assertion a lot. Hell, growing up, I was called generation X.
>>
>>1103205
That would take quite a few to kill a great dane and even then it will likely just result in dog getting ill and shitting and vomiting everywhere.

Use the old jug of anti-freeze or a sponge soaked in meat juice.

Now I generally don't really advocate killing animals because their owners are cunts. I'd just get a dog whistle and provoke the shit out of them until the owners get annoyed. Or use those bark silencers.
>>
>>1103546
>I'd just get a dog whistle and provoke the shit out of them until the owners get annoyed.

would an amp and tweeter with a tone generator app work? most amps have a higher cutoff than human hearing range
>>
>>1103568
Totally, Bruh.
"The frequency of most dog whistles is within the range of 23 to 54 kHz, so they are above the range of human hearing, although some are adjustable down into the audible range. To human ears, a dog whistle makes only a quiet hissing sound."

https://books.google.com/books?id=uqe_I8Q83yAC&lpg=PA116&dq=dog%20whistle%20frequency&pg=PA116#v=onepage&q=dog%20whistle%20frequency&f=false
>>
>>1102956
Determine if theres an actual enforceable ordinance or law. If so call the non-emergency line of the police or sherriffs office
>>
>>1103595
>Determine if theres an actual enforceable ordinance or law.

Unfortunately, there is a difference between an enforceable law and an enforced law. For example we have a "law" against leaf blower noise but the cops consider it a nuisance to enforce and just ignore it.

Animal control is charged with enforcing dog noise but they are only around during the day. I have a good relationship with the animal control guy and he has talked to them but they just ignore him. The next step would be for animal control to take them to court but, understandably, he doesn't want to waste the effort without an air-tight caseā€¦ which he expects me to make.
>>
>>1103688
Its your complaint cunt

Deal with it.

Confront the neighbor.
>>
>>1103048
This
>>
>>1103178
Does your neighbor have a fence? or does he just have 6 huskies tied to a post?
>>
>>1103749
There was an existing 6 foot concrete block wall between our properties
Well 6 foot my side and 4 foot his side, county/city zoning only allow for a property line wall to be a maximum of 6 foot as measured from the low side
So i put up a 10 foot wooden "privacy" fence, inside my yard
I have a 2 story house with a large rear property, 1/2 acre, the house was built 20 feet from the property line
County approved a development net to us, single story 1500sqft homes on 2500sqft lots, so the rear yard is postage stamp size, his house has no vegetation just a concrete slab, bunch of dog houses, smell gets pretty bad in the summer, his kid shovels the dog shit once a month
Got a bunch of bushes growing now for more privacy, tons of trees
As soon as the dogs hear anyone in their yards, or see lights in our house they go berserk, at night they howl like wolves
The ultrasonic dog silencers work awesome, soon as they went up, the dogs shut up, like magic
When the development was announced I should have sold and moved, mixing high density homes and low denisty sucks, his street is really a driveway that accesses 6 homes
Since he told me to fuck off when I spoke to him about the dogs 9 months ago, I thought about starting a band and practicing in the yard during the day while he was sleeping, a few hours of daily shred-metal might have improved his outlook, wife vetoed that idea
>>
>>1103753
Can you trigger incessant daytime barking to fuck with HIS sleep? Use his dogs against him.
>>
Set up a large compressor with a dump valve in the backyard. Run loud-ass compressor, purge tank, rinse & repeat continuously for six months. He'll get the fucking idea after a bit.
>>
>>1103781
VRRMRMRMRMRRMMMMMRMRMRRMRMRMRMRMMMMR
>>
>>1102956
Just poison the dog and grow a pair of balls
>>
File: bird cannon.jpg (88KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bird cannon.jpg
88KB, 1200x1200px
Connect sound detection circuit from bark preventer to one of these. bonus for using raspi.
>>
>>1102956
Kill the dog.
>>
>not acquiring train horn and installing it hidden with an air tank
>Not blasting it for like one second every day at random times when he is sleeping

>not throwing flavored laxatives in his yard every night before he brings the dogs in

>not getting tranquilizers to shoot the dogs
>>
>>1102956
Snitch bitch
>>
>>1103856
The horn thing sounds hilarious
Have a few locations around that you can drag em to and just keep doing it right as the neighbor gets to sleep
>>
>>1103050
Stop tryna jack my YLYL.

KEK
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482714430893.jpg (32KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482714430893.jpg
32KB, 960x538px
>>1103054
>Mfw I'm 30 year old millennial on a Mongolian Yak herding forum.
>>
>>1102956
Do like I did.

Run car battery and alarm pointed at fence. Button near bed. Dog bark, high pitch alarm.

My neighbor bitches so I posted 1 at his bedroom window.

He bitches again, I hang a strobe light.

He bitch again and I warn that cop alarms are 200 watts not 25.

Cannot out troll a troll.

I got puppers. They bark some. I bitch and throw shit or bring them in. I don't leave them out all evening to cunt at my neighbors.

Hang the cameras so when u beat his ass u can laugh repeatedly.
>>
>>1103568
Is a good idea. Bonus we get to do science.

See how dog react to gitmo torchure.
>>
>>1103753
Me too. My neighbor used to have a drum set.

Oh my fuck...
>>
File: hornster-bike-horn.jpg (60KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
hornster-bike-horn.jpg
60KB, 640x481px
>>1103856
Can make train horns for like 10 bucks.

Google plans.
>>
>>1103054
This guy hits every thread looking for any evidence of millennials being trash talked.
>>
>>1103856
>>1104209
>>1104331
>Train Horn
>Not ship horn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fUtYEZwgXk
>>
The shit idea is fucking amazing! I keep chickens and my outside dogs STAYED outside because dogs love to mask their scent by rolling in shit.

Absolutely do this. Human shit works too.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.