[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I fill up the right sink the left one gets backed up. What do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: plumb.jpg (29KB, 350x237px) Image search: [Google]
plumb.jpg
29KB, 350x237px
When I fill up the right sink the left one gets backed up. What do?
>>
>>1102846
Snake it.
>>
File: 1482435248640.jpg (43KB, 350x237px) Image search: [Google]
1482435248640.jpg
43KB, 350x237px
>>1102846
>When I fill up the right sink the left one gets backed up
blockage within red box causes water to go to other side through pipe marked in blue

>>1102846
>What do?
remove blockage
>>
>>1102846
Turn your head about 90 degrees to the left.
Ask the man to fix it for you.
>>
>>1102959
if that's not it, there might be a problem with the vent
>>
>>1102975
>American plumbing
>Vent
Half the people in this thread will reply with '???'
>>
>>1102977
>Vent
>'???'
other countries don't have plumbing vents?

>>1102975
>there might be a problem with the vent
vent problems cause slow drains not blocked drains
>>
>>1102962
this

The trap (U shaped) is the first place to look.
It probably unscrews. Just clean the connections and washers before putting it back together to avoid leaks.
If that's not the problem, it's easier to run a snake down the pipes from there.
>>
>>1102968
underrated post desu
>>
File: Plumbing-Services-165x300.jpg (15KB, 165x300px) Image search: [Google]
Plumbing-Services-165x300.jpg
15KB, 165x300px
>>1102846
>When I fill up the right sink
All you Anons seem to assume OP means "when I run water down the right sink", but that's not what he said.
OP, what's actually going on?
How do you stopper the right sink?
Is there a removable drain plug?
Or maybe you really just meant "when I run water down the right sink's drain" instead of "when I fill up the right sink"?
It might also help to know if you have a garbage disposal on one side, and if you have a dishwasher that will also tie into the under-sink plumbing.
>>
wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread so i'll ask here

what would the cons be to installing 4 inch pvc drain pipe to my shower and cutting a larger diameter drain so i can go potty in it?
>>
>>1103513
Well your shower tray would be covered in shit, you would have a hole big enough to fall into taking a shower and no way to flush it past the ubend because running the shower won't have the force, you will need a cistern or maybe a bucket handy.
I was going to say you would need to squat to shit but I'm guessing that's kinda the reason you're doing it in the first place? Got to be that or some hybrid bidet?
>>
>>1103523
no squatting there will be a toilet in it too, i was just going to take the top of the cistern off so the shower will fill the tank. it will save a lot of work but will it function right?

it is just to save space and time so i can shower, brush teeth, and poop at the same time
>>
>>1103513
>>1103528
You should make a thread
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.