[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technical drawing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

I don't know if this is the right board to ask, but I figured you guys might know something about it.

I want to learn technical drawing.

Any of you guys can recommend me some good literature about the subject and some beginner friendly drawing software?

I already have some basics from middle and high school, mainly hand-drawn projections of relatively simple objects, but I'm completely out of the loop on the standards and conventions and the more advanced stuff like sections, auxiliary views, etc. Most importantly, I never tried to draw something with a computer, so I also need a software for that that doesn't take ages to learn.

Thanks a lot
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>1102822
just get the standards (pirate them), try ISO 128
>>
>>1103150
I was looking more at some books or online sources that actively teach me how to do that stuff.
I'm sure there are a lot more standards than that one anyway.

Plus I need an easy to use drawing software, is autoCAD good enough or is it shit?

I assume this is the wrong board, considering the lack of responses, where should I bring my requests?
>>
>>1103163
>autoCAD
personally I dont like it, I use Solid Edge

you draw the pieces in 3d and then generate the views
there are video tutorials for this

autocad isnt good for 3d, you would be better off with inventor

>I assume this is the wrong board
there isnt exactly a right board for this, here is ok
>>
>>1103163
Pirate solidworks. It's pretty much the industry standard for mechanical parts and assemblies.
>>
>>1103164
>>1103165
Thanks for the advice, guys.

Any good source for literature about drawings? Or am I just better off going to a library and ask for school books about it?
>>
>>1103175
Try finding some online courses or tutorials that match your drawing softwares version. I'm not familiar with anything but ACAD as that's what I was taught to use at uni but atleast ACAD differs quite a bit version to version, some commands might be missing or be replaced with better faster and easier ones. Also if you go legit and start making money with whatever you draw, you might want to buy whatever software you started with, this, atleast in the case of ACAD gets expensive so you might go for a cheaper version like LT. (this is thr case at my job, they use LT and I use pirated full version at home) This causes some issues as LT is missing some features I'm used to.

Books won't neccesarily be up to date while online guides can be edited with newer info
>>
>>1103179
Ok thanks, I have no plans of making money out of my drawings, this is more of a hobby for me at the moment, I just want to build up that skill.

If I'll get good at it, I might also try to turn it into a second job, but right now that's not the focus.

I get you point on books, but I still need to learn basic rules and norms that are independent on the software I'm going to use, I guess a good, basic, reasonably recent university-grade book will do the job.
>>
>>1102822
I suggest making Windows VM to test, and run, pirated software.

The reason is that if a crack doesn't work, you can revert your VM to a previous clean snapshot and the bad install etc are gone.

You can have different VM for different software if you like, and use a shared folder on the host for storage.

Warez usage skills are pretty basic but many people don't know how to test pirated soft efficiently.

I keep both 32 bit and 64 bit VMs for different CAD soft.

You can get AutoCAD free for student use if you supply a student email. They send you the key to that email address.
>>
>>1103163
AutoCAD is pretty much a blank slate and there is a learning curve. If you don't know the convention of proper dimensions you'll be lost.

Like another anon said, SOLIDWORKS is better because you can kinda work backwards. The hardest part about that is figuring out what each tool does
>>
>>1103261
>>1103298
Thanks lads
>>
File: IMG_20161226_231317.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161226_231317.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Try these
>>
File: IMG_20161226_231250.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161226_231250.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: IMG_20161226_231656.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161226_231656.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
And this website for software. It's not the full version but it's low cost if you're a student
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.