[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punching bag install aint finna work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 3021512_R_Z001A.jpg (184KB, 1536x1382px) Image search: [Google]
3021512_R_Z001A.jpg
184KB, 1536x1382px
I managed to buy my hick self a punching bag and a rack (pic related). But alas the wall Im installing the rack on is too thin for them BBC screws. Any ideas on what I could do? Initially thought maybe buy some wood, stick that on the wall and then screw the rack onto that?
>>
>>1102722
>the wall Im installing the rack on is too thin

why would the thickness of the wall matter when it would have to go into studs anyway
>>
>>1102723
uwotm8?
>>
>>1102722
your wall wont hold up that shit

you need to build a new wall
>>
File: IMG_20110625_163524.jpg (96KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20110625_163524.jpg
96KB, 1600x1195px
>>1102724
you'd have to be as dumb as the idiots who come here after using a wall as a punching bag to try to attach something like that to just a cosmetic surface like drywall....it will rip out the wall

it would need to be screwed or bolted into the studs, if the bracket has a horizontal part, you could use a 2x4 or 2x6 on top of the wall, securing it through the wall into the studs with long screws, then securing the bracket to the board

if there are exposed rafters, hanging it instead of a wall mount might be easier

a concrete wall would be a different story
>>
>>1102722
Drywall by itself won't hold anything heavier than a picture frame. For mounting tvs and heavy shit, you need to know where the studs are and get the screws into them.

As for a punchin bag, that really needs to be installed well, since it's heavy and will be swinging around when you unleash your 'tism rage upon it. If you don't know where any studs are, I would suggest simply ripping down the drywall, installing new studs in the area you want, and then putting drywall back up. Use drywall tape + putty to make it blend into the wall again, and then paint and you now have a area for the bag.

Or you could do what pic in >>1102735 did, but that would also require you knowing where the studs are. You could just keep screwing holes in a line till you find one of the studs, and fill them in with drywall putty afterwards, but there is a risk of hitting an electrical wire.

Also it isn't necessary to use the long screws that come with bag. Just go to a lowes or Home Depot and buy some screws that are short enough to fit in your wall.
>>
>>1102757
They have these magical things called studfinders now... Curious world we live in eh
>>
>>1102735
God damn u guys...

If you have attic access just poke a couple holes and throw a chain over a stud.

If u have to u can use a metal plate instead of just holes.

But u said u a hick like me.

I already have one hanging. Bout to get some angle iron cause it's rubbing into my trusses and I already have enough time threat of the roof killing me with all of these fucking monkey trees
>>
>>1102774
>Muh lath and plaster.
>>
>Claim to be a hick
>Doesn't know what a stud is.

Fuck off yankee
>>
>>1102722
if you were really a hick you'd hang a thick log padded with insulation on a tree or a column of tires or a dead hog stuffed with small pebbles you fuckin city boy
>>
Drill your holes through the wall and attach some metal plate if you have or some wood from the other side to get ahold
>>
>>1102774
>>1102757
*tap (clink)
*tap (clink)
*tap (clink)
*tap (clink)
*tap (thud)
Found the stud
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.