[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one got a good way to get a dent out of a downspout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0906.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0906.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Any one got a good way to get a dent out of a downspout?
>>
File: IMG_0905.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>
Plug the end and fill it up with water. Let it freeze
>>
>>1102206
Sawzall , a coupler , pop rivets, and a new piece of downspout
>>
File: benis.jpg (178KB, 1911x2103px) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
178KB, 1911x2103px
>>1102206
>Drill a hole here, about 5mm/1/4"
>Metal rod that will fit in hole, bend the end of it into an L shape, pop it in, pull the dent out.

if you're feeling extra tidy, could fill the hole with silicone or bog, paint it over
>>
>>1102206
Some things aren't worth it. Sometimes you do it yourself with money. What is it, like $1.99 for the spout, and five minutes to put it up?
>>
>>1102217
This

Or drill in opposite side and push instead of pulling. Use jbweld to fill hole, smooth and paint.
>>
>>1102223
This shabbat goyim knows what's up
>>
I usually fix this by just squeezing it with my hands. Its really thin metal.
>>
>>1103306
This.
>>
just like auto body OP, hammer and dollies

make your own if you have too
making holes works, but your still left with a hole, that's last resort shit.

just remove the downspout, take off the angled bit at the bottom and stuff a scrap 2x4 (rip it to dimensions if you have too) and hammer that shit into shape.

no mater what you do you're still going to be left with a crease where the dent was, but it won't be as noisy in a deluge or be as much as eye soar
>>
work for a contractor who installs downspout and eaves trough all the time, its not really worth the effort as it will never be the same and installing a new piece will take less time. cut a piece off with tin snips and take it to retailer so you get the right color.
>>
this wouldn't happen if you used PVC
>>
>>1104845
>Looking at that snow
PVC at -20C is about half its strength as it would be at +20C, it'd literally shatter
>>
>>1102223
>oy vey, yes goy, spend the money on a new item, don't fix the old one!
>>
Remove the pipe, turn it around so dent is against wall, and reinstall.
>>
>>1104994
>shut it down!
>>
>>1105104
Prejudice and racism are only okay on /b/, asshole.
>>
>>1105114
niggers can't use the internet. how did you end up here?
>>
>>1102206
or you could spend 8 dollars and by another 10' section you cheap fuck
>>
>>1104881
underrated.
>>
>>1105137
Recycled post.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.