[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOLIDWORKS & AUTODESK thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Post all tutorials, advice, tips, tricks, boast your models and stuff you made.

I've recently started CNC and metal machining school and right now we are doing G codes and shit, that put aside, I want to be able to model my own stuff and not end up as a slave changing the piece in the machine for 600$ a month.

We have both SW and Autodesk available to download, yet no classes for this, meanwhile spending time on beauties from 1946 (pic related), which is concludes the quality of the ed system.
So apart from banging 7-8 hours in school, I wanna put some quality time into learning at my own pace. Any info and advice is welcome. preferably not CAM CAD Indian pajeet
>how to make loo in 7 easy 30 minute tutorials
>I put this button here and we discuss later what is does
> let me say seven sentences before I get to the matter at hand

If we get nice stuff going, I will share the scool licence on google drive for SOLIDWORKS 2016/2017
>>
File: IMG_20161206_132857.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161206_132857.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
And a serial!
>>
File: ScreenHunter_163 Dec. 20 16.58.jpg (221KB, 1152x613px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_163 Dec. 20 16.58.jpg
221KB, 1152x613px
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/13153982/Lynda_-_SOLIDWORKS_2016_Essential_Training
>>
File: 1481929101166.png (305KB, 1365x709px) Image search: [Google]
1481929101166.png
305KB, 1365x709px
I've only watched the first 30 out of 99 videos and managed to make pic related
>>
Ehm why do you need tutorials?
Both programs are very easy, almost everything is self explanatory. Just google specific issues that arise.
>>
>>1101836
>almost everything is self explanatory
thats not true, even the solidworks tutorial is shit.

>Just google specific issues that arise
after you learn the basics.
>>
>>1101763
>i've recently started CNC and metal machining school

Come the fall semester im going to be enrolling into some sort of course. Ive been wallowing for a while, doing general shit getting electives needed for any degree out of the way.

Ive strongly considered a machining and CNC program.
>>
>>1101763
There is a lot of tutorials on youtube, and more professional, but for pay Lynda, Solidprofessor ,... (Lynda has 10 days free trial, If you want to do something through holidays). I also think there are some tutorials in solidworks. A lot of stuff is on google already, for example if you want to change units (inch or mm), "units solidworks" gives you a lot of answers.
Some of the tutorials can be pretty boring tho. If you loose motivation for tutorials, pick a small project and make it. You can learn a lot with just trying (and googleing what you don't understand)
Here is a quick crash course:
open solidworks-> File -> New-> Part ->Ok
Open tab Sketch -> Sketch -> choose Plane -> Use Lines, Arcs, circles, other shapes (create general shape) -> Use Smart Dimension (make dimension to your shape, click on lines, circles,... You can also hold CTRL and click on two dots, lines,...) -> Use relations (hold CTRL and click on two or more lines, dots, arcs,... Solidworks offers you possible relations) -> help yourself with construction lines (click on line and then For construction or icon in the box that says Construction geometry)-> Click Exit sketch
Open tab Features-> use a feature you want.

Some tips:

When the lines in sketch are blue it means that sketch is not defined. When they are black, they are defined. If they are yellow/red it is over defined or unsolvable. You define the sketch with Dimensions and Relations. There is also a line on bottom right side that tells you Under/ Fully /over defined when you are in sketch. When you are not in sketch there is a minus sign in front of Sketch1 in feature tree that tells you that is underdefined. If everything looks black in you r sketch, but it still says under defined there is probably somewhere a very small line that you made by accident. Zoom in (usually in corners) if you can find it. If you cant, use right click-> Fully Define Sketch-> Ok.
>>
>>1102394
(comment too long) Cont.: It will make dimensions to the "lost" line and you could see it and Delete it. We were taught to always fully define sketches.

Save a lot of times, especially if you are doing something complex. there is no autosave/autorecovery.

For shortcuts I only use in Sketch: L to start/end line and while you are drawing lines you can press A and it will directly go to arc (tangential or perpendicular, depends on how you move your mouse). It will go back to line automatically when you make an arc.

When you click on line/ edge/arc it shows you the length/radius in bottom right line. But you can also use Measure tool for more complex measurement (in Evaluate tab). I find Measure very useful, so I added extra toolbar, so I have it always at hand.

I don't know If this is a good or bad thing, but is something I like to do: I try to make parts with only one sketch and then multiple features from that sketch.
>>
>>1102412
And I almost forgot: When you go back and edit some previous features or sketches, you might get some warnings or errors. Do not panic and don't start deleting everything, because most of those stuff can be fixed pretty easily.
>>
File: Y Displacement.png (174KB, 1134x556px) Image search: [Google]
Y Displacement.png
174KB, 1134x556px
who /FEA/ here?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.