[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gift for Chirstmas for child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Red.jpg (6KB, 262x284px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
6KB, 262x284px
Hi guys/gals, I don't normally post here, but I think you people will be the best to ask:

So my daughter loves DIY - From her being 4 I always had her help me fix things, tell her what we needed to do, and let her work out how to do it, using the tools (under close supervision of course) when it was safe. Screw drivers, hammers, wrenches that kind of thing.

I started buying tools for her so when she leaves home she has everything she needs to fix anything her self. So far she has a De Walt screw driver with multiple screw heads.

Any ideas what else to her? OR what would be the most useful tool to own for general use.

Also any tips on quality of tools you suggest, I don't mind paying more for something that will last her 10 years.

Finally, she's young and still at home, so I don't want to get her something she wont be able to use for years, like a Sledge hammer or a chain saw.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Re:A Dad doing the best he can.
>>
File: 9815448.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
9815448.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>>
Get her the iFixit 64bit pro tool kit. Great multibit screwdriver, and it has all of the non heated things you need to open and fix electronics. Lifetime warranty like the tools of yore, and having those skills can make you side serious side cash.
>>
>>1101287
Thanks buddy! That's exactly the kind of thing I want to get for her.

Any others are still welcome :-)
>>
>>1101308
Also, to go with it, the big ARRL handbook that I bought myself for Christmas is pretty good. Upon looking through it, I realized that I could have bought that instead of gone to college and gotten the exact same knowledge.
>>
>>1101280
At least marge actually uses it
>>
Festool Vecturo
>>
>>1101276
A set of prying tools. Like little pry bars and shit. Teach her the right tool for the job and not to fucking use a flat head screw driver as a prying tool. Instead use the pry tool ..
>>
>>1101463
OP here, Great idea! I always try to find the balance between making things work with what you have, and using the right tool for the right job (when I was growing up / most adult life I had a hand full of tools that did every job) so I want to instil in her that having the right tool really helps, but you can still make do with what you have.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.