[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese quality tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 562MC.jpg (751KB, 4146x3371px) Image search: [Google]
562MC.jpg
751KB, 4146x3371px
Hi fellow anons,
i wonder what quality tool brands chinese craftsmen use.
There are so many useless threads like "US - vs German" - Brands, Milwakee vs Bosch, DeWalt vs Hilti, Makita, B&D... and so on.

In fakt China is one of the largest producer fpr hi-tech electronics, also many brand produse in china an jut put their label on it. So i am pretty sure, that there will be (maybe cheap for dollars / Euros) quality chinese brands.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>1100981
>In fact china is one of the largest producer for hi-tech electronics, also many brand produce in china an just put their label on it.

Sorry for typos. Also excuse my bad english.
>>
China isn't the problem it's the management. you'll get the same shit quality stuff anywhere and especially from western countries where the factories are full of unionised entitled fucks that don't give a shit about workmanship
>>
>>1100981
Man, you can't eat eggs, drink milk, feed your baby, or your dog, or build a bridge in China. Why would you think their tools are good? They make so many that some of them work. The rest get broken and replaced until you get a working one or die because your safety strap isn't actually safe.
>>
>>1100981
When all craftsman was USA made, you could easily pinpoint who made what. Danaher made their wrenches, Stanley made their hammers, Wylde made their prybars and pliers etc etc.

There are only so many USA factories still making tools
On the other hand, there are a stupid amount of chinese factories.

You will never ever pinpoint the OEMs of tools in china like you could with old Craftsman.

Hell, they still have a small amount of USA stuff, their standard stuff is chinese (its shitty) and their high end stuff is Taiwanese.

On the whole, Taiwanese tools are better than chinese. They have state of the art factories.

If you want a general rule of thumb for cheap ass tools, buy Taiwanese tools
>>
>>1101063
There are still some Craftsman tools we are trying to figure out who the OEM was. It's even harder with some of the other national brands like Powr-Kraft (Montgomery Ward) and Penncraft (JC Penny), where they have gone out of business or gotten out of tools before the internet was really a thing. Paperwork gets really hard to nail down. When you get down to some of the regional businesses, like W. T. Grant that is being covered here >>1099618, it is next to impossible. And that's all before you start talking about OEM making other shit for OEMs.

Blue Point tools are a sub-brand of Snap-On. They generally outsourced their manufacture, while still being made to Snap-On specifications, to other companies instead of making them in-house. That is how they were able to price them cheaper.

It gets even harder when it's not a sub-brand that's being outsourced. Sherman-Klove (SK) used to sell 1/4 inch socket sets that included a screwdriver-like driver. I'm almost 100% certain they outsourced the driver but made the sockets in-house. I've seen actual screwdrivers that are almost identical but had other brand names on them. So, it was probably from a common OEM.
>>
File: 00u0u_iEqdlLYKNZn_1200x900.jpg (150KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
00u0u_iEqdlLYKNZn_1200x900.jpg
150KB, 1200x675px
>>1101072 to continue.
Ever heard of Stiletto tools? They were a house brand of Baker and Hamilton, which went out of business in 1974. The name was brought back about 10 years ago for a company making titanium hammers, so you might be familiar with it. This is a nameplate for one of their old tool boxes.
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (242KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
242KB, 1600x1200px
>>1101076
And this is the nameplate from a Park toolbox from the same era. Nowhere on the internet will you find anyone mentioning that that Park was an OEM for Stiletto. If fact, before seeing someone selling the box on CL I didn't even know they sold toolboxes under their own name.
>>
I don't know why, but OP picture triggers the living fuck out of me. So much so it made me reply.

Polite sage. FWIW, if you treat a Chinese tool like it's a Chinese tool, it will last for a little longer than if you just used it like a normal tool. I'd buy one if I was confident I'd never need to use it again.
>>
there is nothing wrong with chinese products, they do make quality products, because only a literal retard factory would make reject parts all day

you have to make sure you dont buy those rejects

my bridgeport milling machine is made in tiwan in 1987, thing is solid as shit, same with all the "FIRST" BP mill clones we have at work, they arent bad machinese
because we didnt buy their rejects

most tools are probably made there anyways, but depending on the "brand" you will get shit tools or good stuff

sometimes a brand will be pure chinese shit because thats what the importer asks for
>>
>>1101162
>taiwan
>chinese
>>
>>1100981
Nope, all Chink tools are crap no matter the price because the most fundamental industry in China is piss poor and that is it's steel/alumin(i)um industry.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.