[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Desks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Antique-corner-desk.jpg (51KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Antique-corner-desk.jpg
51KB, 900x600px
So I want a new desk, specifically a corner desk.

I currently have a regular old desk, its a little higher than normal, which is nice because I am 6'8''.

I don't have the funds to buy a new desk but I am thinking I might be able to build one. Any help, past thread links, instructions, or write ups would be awesome.

PFA, just a google pic.
>>
>>1100769
I should add, that I have two 22'' monitors, a 19'', a 32'', PS4, X1, and a 17'' laptop that I want on the desk. If that helps.
>>
https://warosu.org/diy/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=desk&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=op

>regular old desk
how very descriptive

1. build frame out of whatever you can get cheaply, you could simple use 4x4s for legs and use 1x4s or 2x4s for sides and top supports

2. get some large sheets of melamine for the top, preferably the depth of the desk so that way you don't need to cut them or will at least have a finished edge on the side(s) you'll see
>>
>>1100774
old desk is irrelevant.
thank you for the link.
>>
>>1100774

> get some large sheets of melamine for the top

Or if you want to go really really cheap/ghetto, tempered hardboard.
>>
File: Untitled.png (41KB, 1207x609px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
41KB, 1207x609px
>>1100769
>>1100774
basically this is what I'm talking about
>>
>>1100769
Check out KeeKlamp hardware. I'm thinking of building my own desk with that and some pipe (aside from the top obv).
>>
File: IMG_0358aa.jpg (1MB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0358aa.jpg
1MB, 1500x1120px
>>1100797
Built something similar a few years ago. Its basically a regular desk/table with the shorter section held in place with a few threaded rods to eliminate the need for the front middle leg.
>>
>>1100890

Not really cheap compared to wood and fasteners. The coupling pieces especially rape your wallet.
>>
>>1100890
Best placr to buy kee clamp knock off is zoro. I jave gotten a lot from them or furniture and it has worked great
>>
>>1100911
I don't disagree, just depends on the aesthetic you're going for. Hard to beat wood and screws on a budget.

>>1100919
The thing about kee clamp is you don't have to fool with threading the pipe. Didn't see any fittings at zoro that would really do that outside of straight conduit fittings. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms. I tried "set screw fittings" and "clamp fittings".
>>
>>1100964
They are called structural pipe fittings.
Kee klamp is just one brand.

https://www.zoro.com/value-brand-structural-pipe-fittings/g/00237054/
>>
>>1100978
Outstanding. Thanks anon!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.