[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

work boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

File: 03.jpg (895KB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
895KB, 2848x2136px
I want to treat myself a nice, warm pair of leather boots that are suitable for a wide range of outdoor work or play in any weather. They should be durable, made with supple, high-quality vegetable tanned cowhide, and only get better over time. They must be stitched with care and heavy gauge thread. They should have soles and heels that can be replaced by a cobbler if necessary. An owner of such a pair of boots should be expected to periodically oil them with mink or neatsfoot oil. I am willing to pay for such boots.

I know the ingredients that go into a quality pair of shoes, but I do not know specific brands/models/bargains. Can Anon steer me in the right direction?
>>
You had the time top post this to 4chan but not look up premium work boots on google
>>
>>1100173
Location helps, where you at OP?
>>
>>1100175
Kansas
>>
>>1100178
Sorry don't know about the US market (I'm from Aus). You definitely want to try them on and walk around in them a bit so don't find a good brand online and just order in your size.
Unfortunately the best pair I have had in quite a while are by "Steel Blue" and I'm pretty certain they are only available here in Aus.
>>
>>1100173
Red wing makes solid product they stand behind. They will repair as necessary. I have a pair with a side zipper and they even can repair zipper. Broke 2 keys so far. They last for years
>>
If you are going to be wearing them daily you really should have two pairs to rotate between.
>>
Doc martens might be a hipster meme, but from a practical point, they've never done me wrong.
>>
File: Apsley_Tobacco1_1024x.jpg (57KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
Apsley_Tobacco1_1024x.jpg
57KB, 1024x700px
>>1100173
probably over your budget and also slightly /fa/
but Viberg makes the best boots I've ever seen
https://viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/apsley-boot-tobacco-chamois?variant=13274591940
>>
Red wing. I have three types of shoes that I wear when I have to walk on concrete all the time.
Red wing boots, dansco clogs, and Merrell loafers
>>
>>1100173
If you don't actually do anything then any reputable brand will work. If you do anything active then go for combat boots.

No boots I've ever bought for work have ever lasted longer than 6 months. Even expensive ones. Combat boots last the longest.
>>
Steel Toe
Comfortable and breathable
ESD

What should I get for <$200
>>
File: DR_MARTENS_C13293.png (222KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
DR_MARTENS_C13293.png
222KB, 425x425px
Go with a pair of doc marten iron bridges. Steel toe and comfort
>>
File: popke.jpg (39KB, 610x395px) Image search: [Google]
popke.jpg
39KB, 610x395px
>>1100173
>>
File: 1365440_201_main.jpg (603KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1365440_201_main.jpg
603KB, 1200x1200px
Insulated chippewas, make sure they have the little flag on the laces. If not then they are chinkewas.
>>
>>1100173
ive had great luck with danner boots, i wear their acadia in the summer and the ft lewis boots in the winter. im a machinist so im on my feet on a cement floor all day. ive been wearing my acadias for 6 years so far, and theyre ready to be re-soled.
>>
>>1100191
Red wings are great. They used to resole boots for free.

They might charge now, but always ask before buying because some of their boots now cant be resoled.

I stopped buying them because i work in a really dirty plant, after a year my boots have so many chemicals all over them its better to throw them out
>>
File: bean_boots.jpg (46KB, 980x344px) Image search: [Google]
bean_boots.jpg
46KB, 980x344px
>>1100173
Gotta love the lifetime warranty on bean boots
>>
>>1100191
This. They also look good, even for being in an office. They're an overall great footwear.
>>
File: RH-09016-1-facebook[1].jpg (30KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
RH-09016-1-facebook[1].jpg
30KB, 600x315px
>>1100507
>tfw all the models for these shoes are faggy hipsters
>>1100173
Bockmans (redwing pictured) pretty good all around, but Doc marten produces a better outdoor product. Depends on if you'll have them on you all day, or if you'll put them on when you want to go these outdoor activities.
>>
>>1100173
I've sworn by my Redwings for years. Can't complaint except for a brief period, around 03? They were using shit for stitching but they replaced two pair that were falling apart because of that,so they made good for it.
I know a lot of people love their Chippawas as well.
Moving up to the next level are "Whites".
They send you a pair of templates, you trace out you feet, take a bunch of measurements, and they make you a tailored pair of boots that are completely rebuildable. Any piece or part of the boot can be repaired/replaced.
They're not cheap, but possibly the last pair of boots you'll ever buy.
>>
File: like this.jpg (32KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
like this.jpg
32KB, 960x540px
Get a pair that look like this

>the amount of times i got my cock sucked wearing these, christ
>>
>>1100510
>tfw all the models for these shoes are faggy hipsters
DESU it's pretty fucking hipster to be concerned by and react against hipsters
>>
>>1100173
Get timBs m8
>>
I got the Thorogood American Heritage boots that are pretty cheap on Amazon. They're well made, comfy though the top took awhile to break in (I didn't oil them or anything like workmates said I should, just suffered through some minor blisters.) I walk 6-8 miles a workday on them and they've held up fine for six months so far.

Have gotten so comfy I wear them around the house when I'm working on projects too. Like second skin. Heavy heavy second skin.
>>
>>1100178
What part of Kansas? Wichita fag here.

Love my steel toe Ariats.
>>
>>1100657
>>1100657

you are fat as fuck so i doubt it.
>>
>>1100173
>durable, made with supple
pick one
>>
>>1100757
nah it sounds plausible,
there are many fags that prefer bears
>>
>>1100463
>Haruhi blowing her fucking brains out.jpg
>>
>>1100810
Whoops
>>
>>1100173
yep redwings or a top of the line pair of timberlands. i got a pair of tims thats lasted me a little over 3 years, or maybe a little over 2 years, and ive done 6+ months of demolitions, 6+ months at a lumber yard saw mill yard for a fence and deck company, 2 months at fed ex, 4 months at another warehouse, like 200 odd jobs and repairs/remodels, 4 months of doing base/concrete, all my yardwork which is a lot at my home, and maybe even more. theyre lookin beat up and have a fair bit of damage to them but theyre still totally held up where they need to be and shit. i actually just recently started thinking maybe 2017 ill get a new pair. ill probably get some red wings though. but still, $200 tims vs $600 redwings and only maybe 30% better or something
>>
>>1100824
also did some painting and currently doing demo, only been doing this again a week or so, bout to start with a remodeling company in January, this just cash for the end of the week and so im not on my ass all day.
>>
>>1100824
if youre paying $600 for red wings there is something wrong with you. i dont even live in the US and i got mine for like $250 CDN
>>
>>1100757
Doubt whatever you want. Some people love bulky blue collar workers.
>>
>>1100344
Bump
>>
>>1100824
>$600 redwings
NZD?
>>
I paid like $140 for these goretex lined insulated steel boots.

I trek to work in the snow in the mountainous terrain of colorado and they've been warm and dry so far. Was out in the snow for 4 hours yesterday and was freezing but I can't say my toes were numb.

amazon.com/gp/product/B000FHCJ9S
>>
I blew threw many pairs of $120-150 Wolverine boots just because they didnt take time to break in, but the same can be said for the time it takes for them to fall apart and turn into a pair of leather sandals. Got a pair of Danner Quarry boots, USA made for around $225 and they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn from the time I tried them on to now, about 4 months after.

I went to the store looking for a pair of Red Wings but they just happened to stop selling them a month or so before I looked there and I tried out the Danners. They've held up pretty well but I kick the shit out of a lot of things and was in the middle of a demolition project when I first bought them so the leather on the toes are starting to rip.

I'd buy the same boots again just for the waterproofing and comfort, but I would have the toe caps covered to give the leather extra protection, I think Red Wing stores will "dip" your boots to put a cap on the toe of the boot, so I've heard.
>>
>>1101443
i overpronate and walk 10+ miles daily, how you can blow through these boots quickly in any manner really leads me to ask

what are you doing to your shoes m8
>>
>>1100173
/out/ would know better.
>>
>>1100173
Twisted X makes the most comfortable work boots I have every worn.

And if you're gonna get safety toe, there's no reason to get steel toe, unless you just like having heavier footwear. Comptoes are fine.
>>
>>1100336
Doc marten's are fucking god tier, heed this man's words OP
>>
>>1100173
Ariats, absolutely Ariats.
Got my first pair recently and holy shit is there a world of difference.
>>
File: muh Patagonia.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
muh Patagonia.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>1100173
also check meindl handmade ones from germany
>>
Go in Mexico wey,
they will do boots , so you will look like Clint Eastwood bruh
With snake skin , leather , all you want ha-ha
>>
>>1100257
I have 2 doc martens and agree the leather holds up to light use in my experience. Bought a dress pair years ago and a work pair not long ago. I recommend replacing the insole though. Their insoles feel like walking with a wood board strapped to your foot.
>>
>>1101990
Ive never felt that way. Ive walked miles at a time with Docs (5+ miles fast pace) and they were the only shoes that my feet didnt get sore in.
>>
>>1100824
>>1100827
Came here to post timberlands, right on buddy
>>
>>1100601
>sending out measurments
I have a redwing store >15 mins away
>>
>>1100180
Steel blue are the bomb my last pair was a different brand has turtles with wings on the logo and they are so comfy couldnt find another pair tho
>>
might be hard to find in the us, but I've moved from red wing boots to canada west work boots. by far the best boots I've worn in my 15 years of wearing work boots.
>>
>>1101523

Construction, remodeling and demolition. Walking through plaster and lath, carpet tack strips, nails and staples, wet concrete, mud and water etc.

Either the soles of the boots come off or the stitching on the leather upper rips and start to split at the seams. I've had pairs that I've tried to keep in good condition, cleaning and oiling them about once a month and they still fall apart.
>>
>>1100173
swat boots they are super warm and comfy
>>
File: timbs1.jpg (32KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
timbs1.jpg
32KB, 1000x450px
>>1100173
All bout them timbs nigga
>>
>>1103928
Probably need to rotate a few pairs, or just give up and get cheaper that you kill
>>
Any good option for people with bunions?
>>
>>1100758
False. Tough, inflexible leather is just dry leather and is pretty susceptible to cracking and degradation from moisture.

I use Obenauf's LP on all my leather stuff. It keeps the leather waterproof, supple, and conditioned. Highly recommended.
>>
How are CAT boots? Just bought a pair. Did I make a mistake?
>>
red wings all the way top notch craftsmanship amazing warranty and comfort
>>
>>1104036
Made in China crap.
>>
In my opinion, Red Wings and Docs are for people that want to pretend their job is more demanding than it actually is. Cheapest boots I've had that would last me 6 months is Avenger. Longest lasting is Haix.
>>
>>1105828
the fuck you mean false? leather heavy enough to be durable in the context of a work boot can't be described as supple.
>>
>>1107869
that's being generous to doc martin customers
>>
File: file.png (326KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
326KB, 620x620px
>>1100173
I just ordered a pair of Nike Jungle SFB Boots for hiking, but I hear they make great work boots, especially for loggers.
>>
File: IMG_20170103_190458.jpg (910KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_190458.jpg
910KB, 2560x1536px
I don't want to give up on these shoes. Does /diy/ know how to reliably fix old shoes?
>>
>>1108467
If I worked in a hot warehouse I'd wear those. I was a logger for about 8 months and those being canvas would be nice but I've worn out the front of steel toe boots quickly so I don't think those would last long. I'd probably try to wear them in a warehouse setting and hope I neither dropped something on my toes or got toe-checked.
>>
>>1108534
take them to a cobblers
watch very carefully.
>>
>>1100178
thorogood is p good as far i know.
danners aint bad from my experience, but p pricy
>>
File: GOATboot..jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GOATboot..jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>1100173
The correct answer in Danner. Thank me later.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.