[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ my oven is absolute shit. Preheating takes an age and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 20176579.jpg (10KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
20176579.jpg
10KB, 380x380px
Hey /diy/ my oven is absolute shit. Preheating takes an age and when I open it to put food in, it literally ejects all the heat and has to preheat again.

I'm pretty sure the oven door isn't sealed right, the rubber seal doesn't cover the bottom of the door and it's not stuck on the door very well (I can move it around with my fingers). I looked on google, but the only thing I could find is insulation damage by mice (not the case).

Any suggestions on how to seal the oven so my food cooks properly?
>>
It's called energy efficiency. Swap it to some old clunker with more powerful heating elements.
>>
>>1099942
>Then just close the door firmly
And once the stuff cures with the door shut... how is he gonna get it open again?
>>
File: ovenCalrod700.jpg (84KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
ovenCalrod700.jpg
84KB, 700x475px
>>1099883
one of your elements is burned out and you're limping along at half power.
might be one element at either side, or one top and one bottom element. simply replace the one that doesn't get glowing hot.
>>
>>1100001
This.
>>
>>1100001
measure the resistance of the elements to see which are bad, it should be high resistance. if its open or low resistance simply replace it.

>>1099883
ovens aren't supposed to be completely sealed, gasses expand when heated and if they couldn't vent to equalize pressure you would end up with a giant pipe bomb, that's why all ovens have a vent,(gas and electric) i can't tell you where your vent is, but the few stoves i've owned it could vent up through a burner (electric), or vent out from under the control panel (gas and electric). also you would know if you had mice, your oven would stick to high heaven when its heated.

if its electric and your american, chances are its 220v. if you rent, check to see if the breaker box isn't nigger rigged and instead of having 1 220v breaker its just 2 120v above and bellow each other. if it is nigger rigged with 2 120v breakers make sure one breaker isn't tripped. if not its probably a bad element.

i was an appliance repair man, you would be surprised at the shit i've seen. 220v on nema 5-15p and 110v on dryer lines.
>>
>>1101858
...whirlpool 3392519 fuse in dryer blown... wires unplugged from fuse and taped together.....

Seen it so many fucking times...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.