[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my apartment door?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey anons, i recently locked myself out of my apartment and had to pry myself back in quickly or be late for work. I did some pretty serious damage and was wondering if y'all have any ideas as to making it decently fixed so my landlord doesn't try and charge 450$ to fix it. The green outer layer seems to be a metal of some sort and I don't know how I could reshape and put it back? I'm thinking I can just take a brilliant pad and kind of smooth over the green onto the markings when I'm done. I've taken some white silicon that I had and started trying to fix the outside part.
The knob fell off the day after for some reason so I'm gonna take it apart and see if it's fixable, if not I'll buy a new one.
What do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
Just hammer the metal till its pretty much back to its original position. Some dents will be visible but you can sand it down and use some auto filler to make it smooth and paint over it. The wood part seems ok so you can leave it like that. If not then im sure there is some wood filler you can use to make it smooth.
>>
File: lock reinforcer.jpg (29KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
lock reinforcer.jpg
29KB, 435x435px
you can get one of these brass lock reinforcers, so it'll look like a security feature, rather than a cover up for the work of a madman.
>>
>>1099266

See >>1099276

But first, pry and hammer what you can back to as original shape as possible, and paint it. As for the wood, get some epoxy/filler suitable for wood, fill in all the holes and dents, sand smooth and paint over.
>>
>>1099276
This will work, or cover it with those strips designed to keep crowbars out. Seem to be called anti jemmy strips in english.
>>
anons, yall never let me down. really, yall are freaking amazing, i appreciate it. I'll hammer it down and see if i can't find one of those things at home depot or something. probably should check to see if it is alright with the land lord to put that on though???
>>
>>1099281
>probably should check to see if it is alright with the land lord to put that on though???

You fucking what? You wrecked the door instead of calling your landloed/their locksmith like a normal fucking person would have, which would have been substantially cheaper than the $450 figure you've pulled from.. wherever.. And *now* you're worried about pissing your landlord off?

Were you born retarded or have you suffered some sort of accident?
>>
>>1099281
Tell him someone tried to break in your place while you were at work and you want to increase the security. Ask him to pay for it.
As long as the lock stays the same, or that you give your landlord copies of the new keys (where applicable), you can add some features.
>>
>>1099278
Those strips won't require you to remove the lock. Be careful with the folded metal, try to get the fold out before hammering or you might increase the angle of the fold.
>>
>>1099283
they tried to charge me the same figure for a 5 cm sized hole in the wall that was there before I was in the apartment.
good thing i had taken pictures of every dent and ding the day before i moved in so they couldn't screw me.
landlord/locksmith don't work at 2 am in the morning, sorry i work in the ER like an ABORMAL fucking person.
im not worried about pissing the land lord off, im worried about having to fork out an unreasonable amount of cash that I can avoid.
you took the time to open the thread and respond with this pointless post. theres always at least one autistic fuck on these boards, i guess that would be you anon.
>>
>>1099288
i thought about that. but wouldn't they have the police brought to file a break in report or something like that?
>>
>>1100220
>ABORMAL fucking person.
wtf is that and literally every locksmith has a 24/7 emergency service other then cutting keys that pretty much all they do
>>
File: 1478035634559.gif (660KB, 356x272px) Image search: [Google]
1478035634559.gif
660KB, 356x272px
>>1100220
>autistic
dat irony doe
>>
>>1099266
What a clever ruse anon.
>>
>>1100248
Stahp baiting
>>
>go to home depot
>buy flush steel door slab
>buy matching paint
>replace door

Make sure to check if the current door is fire rated, this makes the price jump way up.
>>
File: IMG_20161210_223000.jpg (111KB, 262x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161210_223000.jpg
111KB, 262x393px
>>1099266
>>
>>1099266
On the first glance the thumbnail kinda looks like a satellite or an ufo flying over the Earth in space
>>
>>1099266

a first i was like thats look like a ovni in space looking down the earth
>>
>>1099266
I thought I was poor.
It looks like you are squatting in a WWII era shed.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.