[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It appears that if the bricks were made carefully, the Tower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

It appears that if the bricks were made carefully, the Tower of Babylon could be created to the biblical description: 2484 metres of brick.

The question is, how long would it take?
I suppose the two main things to consider would be how many brick-metres can be lifted per man-second, and how hard it would be to get that brick into the right place.
>>
>>1099248
There is a limit where the building is too heavy to support itself even if it is solid bricks so unless it is very cleverly designed to reduce weight it won't reach half of that.

How long to build is another matter but it is simply a logistics problem or technical problem. If you build it like a pyramid then imagine building a fuck ton of pyramids on top of each other, i.e. fucking ages. Of course it is 2017 we can have machinery to move things faster.

How hard to lay bricks, it won't matter because laying bricks at the top is the same deal as laying bricks when you are at the ground.

The question is, why bricks, why so tall, what is the actual design, how many are working, what machine are available, what the bricks are made of, where are they from, where is the tower, etc.
>>
>>1099252
It'd take like, 45 megapascals of pressure resistance for the brick to be suitable for for a vertical tower of Babylon, a lot less for a sloped one.

Brick can have anywhere from 1.5 to 50, the higher end stuff is hard to make though.

Brick is the canonical material of the Tower of Babylon.
>>
>>1099255
I don't know what is the canon, but if someone is clever about it, they would just build it on an existing rocky mountain, literally just cover the top and sides with buildings, then carve out the mountain methodologically to make usable spaces in it, then you can just call the whole thing a tower, when in fact it is just a mountain covered with a skin of bricks.
>>
>>1099257
There aren't many mountains that aren't government-owned land though.
>>
>>1099259
>2017
>not going to mars
like you want to be controlled by a governments
learn2rocket
>>
>>1099259
Irrelevant because OP isn't going to build anything and the question is just babble, not asked with serious intent to build anything based on apocryphal evidence.

The origina ToB used shipping containers delivered by aliens, not brick. That was carefully concealed because priests wanted sandnogs to believe in Sky Fairies instead of little Yoda-looking fuckers. The shipping containers remain under what looks like a mountain and have not been found. The mountain effect is accumulated feces from the imitation crab meat ritual feasts over millennia.
>>
>>1100207
>The origina ToB used shipping containers delivered by aliens, not brick. That was carefully concealed because priests wanted sandnogs to believe in Sky Fairies instead of little Yoda-looking fuckers. The shipping containers remain under what looks like a mountain and have not been found. The mountain effect is accumulated feces from the imitation crab meat ritual feasts over millennia.

Mean while in intergalatic /diy/

>Fuck with primative species by pouring a literal mountain of containers mixed with crab meat and tell their leader telepathically to worship the pile of shit
>They actually did it
>They even built temples to cover it up
>The most beautiful piece of shit in the universe
>Flood it with their own water when their society peaked
>Fucking lel

Fuck aliens
>>
"Tower of Babel" anon.

Genesis 11.
>>
File: 1473600725872.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473600725872.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>1100207
>>1100210
>>
>>1100256
>Genesis 11.

/b/ should make a religion because stupid people think every old assertion is true. In 2000 years even Scientology may be taken seriously.
>>
>2,5 km tall building of brick

It would colapse under it's own weight waaaaay before that
>>
>>1099248
My dude masonry can't be supported that high even with steel reinforcement.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.