[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone have any ideas how to fix this? it's the engine housing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0776.jpg (2MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0776.jpg
2MB, 2938x2204px
anyone have any ideas how to fix this? it's the engine housing on a Stihl saw. that little screw is actually what holds the bottom of the handle on along with the spring to absorb vibrations so it takes a good bit of stress. buying a new housing isn't an option since it actually cost more then the entire fucking saw which btw is only about 2 months old and has been used 4 times

warranty claim was denied because they think i dropped it due to the small chip but that chip was actually caused when the plastic split and pulled away from the saw and hitting the tree
>>
Can't see shit m8.

Brush all the crap off and maybe circle where the problem is.
>>
File: IMG_0776.jpg (2MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0776.jpg
2MB, 2938x2204px
>>1099211
>>
>>1099213

You could try plastic welding with a woodburning torch/ soldering iron.

If you have a dremel you could even make a groove along the crack for a better weld.
>>
>>1099216
that's kinda what i was thinking along with maybe somehow reinforcing it with fibreglass

honestly it's a fucking stupid design. that plastic is only about 3mm thick and they expect it to support not only the handle and the force i end up applying to it but also a fucking spring and all kinds of vibrations. would love to talk with the dumb fuck that thought that up
>>
>>1099208
Solvent weld and put on some reinforcing plates.
>>
>>1099218
This
I hate plastic fiddly bits.
You can buy a replacement part for most of those.
That or use thermal welding or install clips
(think heated staples) through the part.
>>
>>1099218
use whatever will solvent weld nylon 66 + screw in metal reinforcement
>>
>>1099208
Check arboristsite to see if someone has a fix or perhaps a spare part.

Leave a review about the saw being shit. What model? Stihl isn't all pro gear.

Also check Ebay for an organ donor.

If you can find out what the plastic is, you could use an appropriate plastic welder or chemical weld kit.

Don't guess, know.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.