[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JBL Pulse 2 repar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: jbl-pulse-2-edit.jpg (89KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
jbl-pulse-2-edit.jpg
89KB, 750x750px
Hi guys,
I got a JBL Pulse 2 with a broken charge port. I need to open it up for repair. Found some video of it, so I know that there are skrews under the rubber rings each side, but I cannot get them out. Anyone did that? How?
Also pic related.
>>
>>1098850
>skrews
With a skrewdriver
>>
>>1098860
I meant the rubber rings.
I have an eletronics lab, and repair mobile phones, but can't find a way to remove the rings without damage.
>>
>>1098850
Go to the store, buy the same JBL Pulse 2, then keep the new one and return the old one
>>
>>1098887
The charge port is broken. It's not covered under warranty.
>>
>>1098887
Implying serial number won't be checked..
>>
File: turdlink.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
turdlink.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>1098850
Hmmm.

Have a Bose SoundLink Color that won't charge and is completely dead. Anyone else have this issue? Yes, I understand Bose is overpriced crap now, I'm convinced. May have to replace batro... also tried solution in next post
>>
File: do AFTER update.png (30KB, 848x336px) Image search: [Google]
do AFTER update.png
30KB, 848x336px
>>1099152
Good luck op!
>>
File: $_35.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>1099152
>>1099153
it might not be charging because the battery is at a voltage where the charging circuit is like "fuck this"
Try opening it up and charging the cell itself to get its voltage up to kick the charging into gear again. If you dont have a li-ion/lipo charger you can either buy one of those rc helicopter chargers like pic related and use it to charge the cell completely or just supply it with 5v directly for a minute or 2 to see if that will bring its voltage up high enough.
>>
>>1098891
I do this all the time; works every time. Stop thinking that retail employees are more than just overpaid zombies.
>>
>>1098891
That's exactly what he implied yeah.
>>
>>1099153
>>1099173
OP here, I absolutely need to open it up. It has a physically broken usb port, I can see it. It's not a software issue.
I need to find a way to remove the rubber rings without tear or further damage.
>>
File: Capture.png (454KB, 877x561px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
454KB, 877x561px
>>1099173
> Suggests OP opens the device.
> OP is asking how to open the device.

I fucking hate that I have to share a board with retarded cunts like you.

>>1098850
It's already dead, and it's pretty clear that the rubber end caps pop out. You have nothing to lose at this point if you fuck something.

It appears there is adhesive tape under it, applying some heat to the end cap may help soften the adhesive and help it peel. I assume you have a hot air gun, hit it with that till its nice and hot, get a screen replace pick to get under the end caps and have at it, no guts no glory OP.
>>
>>1099732
I found that video, it's about the JBL Pulse 1, and they have different caps, look at the thread start picture.
>>
Throw it in the trash and get a better speaker. One that actually has a good port to connect to, like an Aiwa or one of the Harmon Kardons. If you actually do repair mobile phones and you can't figure out how to remove the rubber rings without damage, I'm concerned about the quality of repairs that you are doing for customers. The answer to opening anything is always, prying in the right spot and applying just enough heat.
>>
>>1099732
>asks about a completely different bluetooth speaker with a differen problem than the op
>faggot comes in not reading the thread
>>
OP, have you gotten the testicular fortitude to try and open the damn thing yet?

Make sure and document it, I'm actually curious about this for some odd reason
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.