[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gold extraction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: gold.jpg (416KB, 1327x746px) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
416KB, 1327x746px
So the company I used to work for was being bought out and closed down. They were throwing away millions of dollars worth of our equipment and parts so I managed to dumpster dive some of the gold coated parts they threw away.

I have many bags of parts but I'm not sure of the best way to separate the gold from the nonsense. So far I've been pulling the leads from the PCBs and connectors by hand and have seen many recipes to acid wash the gold off of them using anything from Muriatic Acid to simply using toilet bowl cleaner.

Anybody know what's the cheapest way to do this procedure? Thanks in advance.
>>
Go look up cody's lab on YouTube

He has a bunch of videos on metal refining

Watch his entire playlist because he goes through many ways
>>
>>1098650
You'll likely not make a profit, but that shouldn't stop you from trying. It'll be fun.
>>
I work for a company that has some of that stuff in-house and even a hand-sized block only has a couple of dollars of gold at most. We're talking 10-30 microinches of gold.
>>
>>1098710
>inches
>>
File: 2ltr.jpg (100KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
2ltr.jpg
100KB, 540x720px
>>1098710
>microinches
>>
File: MNLMnaf.jpg (105KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
MNLMnaf.jpg
105KB, 720x960px
>>1098767
>>
>>1098650
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1odMXI_mdhY&t=13m
>>
>>1098773
No matter how you slice it, microinch is just plain awful. Shouldn't inches be divisible in powers of two? So, like 10/1048576 - 31/1048576 inches of gold.
>>
>>1098781
>Shouldn't inches be divisible in powers of two?
this is autistic. units should be whatever people find convenient. uin is pretty standard for surface roughness or coatings.
>>
>>1098773
Nasa uses metric.
>>
>>1098650
Throw it away, you're going to waste more money in energy trying to reclaim the gold then you'll make in salvaging it. That's why the business threw it away in the first place.
>>
>>1098650
Mail it to a reputubal NYC refinery.

I buy and sell gold, some GP, GF, bench filings, shit like that. I mail to a refinery in NYC then they wire me money. Or you can ask for a check.

Also that's all plated so don't think your going to make a million bucks
>>
My dad does this, he works for a school board so when they junk computers he does this. Can't quite remember the process but there's definitely muriatic acid involved.

Some tips:
Don't just go after gold, silver and copper may be worth less but its still abundant enough to be worthwhile. Even aluminum will get you something at the junkyard.

Go for old computers (CPUs and old cellphones especially) they didn't have the technology to precisely apply gold so there's exponentially more than in new computers. New manufacturing techniques allow companies to apply literally just enough gold for it to conduct electricity.
>>
It's better to sell computer scrap than try to recover the metals yourself.

The objective is profit, so do what makes money.

Remember mystery ingots must be assayed. Computer scrap is known and bought accordingly.
>>
BTW scrap prices are in the shitter because China isn't buying as much. Aluminum is best stashed until you've a decent pile.

Scrap prices change constantly. You can find scrapper forums for more info and techniques.
>>
>>1098813
Only since 1990
>>
>>1098650
>Anybody know what's the cheapest way to do this procedure?

Sell on ebay to a doofus, and buy gold from what you get payed. It's not only the cheapest way, it's also the fastest way.
>>
>>1099834
Also the smartest way, it really doesn't make sense to try to reclaim that metal.
>>
>>1098773
>Those who
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.