[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me the truth about electric baseboard heaters, they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: baseboard heater.jpg (19KB, 660x300px) Image search: [Google]
baseboard heater.jpg
19KB, 660x300px
Tell me the truth about electric baseboard heaters, they don't actually turn on unless you crank them up to max, right? I mean, I've tried putting them on low and medium settings and they don't even turn on and I'm freezing, they seem to only have two settings, high and very high, so when I actually turn it on, it becomes an inferno.

I thought it was just the old ones and I was too poor, but then I bought a brand new one and its the same shit, it doesn't actually turn on until you crank it up to max.
>>
I spent two hours today looking online for baseboard heaters with good ratings. We just finished our attic and adding duct is not feasible. Ductless heat pump is too costly also. It's mostly going to be my wife's work space but will also be a guest room so we need to make sure whatever we put up there can kick out heat when needed. I'm guessing it's around 250 sq ft. At this point I'm just going to get two of the cheapest baseboard heaters and put one by the window near the bed and one by the window in the work area and call it a day.
>>
for smaller spaces just use an electric fireplace. they look nice and can usually heat 1000-1500ft2. there's also portable electric heaters which are fairly cheap, throw out enough heat and can be placed close to where you're sitting so you don't have to actually heat the entire room
>>
File: thermostat.jpg (3KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
thermostat.jpg
3KB, 221x228px
around here nobody but nobody uses those without one of these. coz you want a thermostat to control the temp where you actually live, not at the floor next to the window.
>>
>>1098611
Just install a window unit you over complicated scrub.
>>
File: 20161209_195739.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161209_195739.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Electric heat is almost inhuman

Steam is where its at, motherfucker

Pic extremely related
>>
>>1098622
I don't think it would work as well considering its below 30 during the day for 3 straight months here
>>
File: IMG_4671.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4671.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I have electric baseboard heat and I don't get it at all. This is my thermostat. I can hear it making a ticking sound as if it's turning on then the heater makes a ticking noise and heat comes out. The heat is also very dry and I have static cling on my clothes. I want to try a numbered thermostat like this one pictured in this thread.
>>
Do none of you know how a thermostat works?
>>
>>1098605
It's an ON/OFF switch that's temperature sensitive.
Listen closely and you'll here a click.
Turn it up slowly until you hear the click. Thats the spot on the dial that is the current temperature. Note the spot and move the knob SLIGHTLY up or down from there to tweak the temperature.

There may be 2 clicks, if so, use the "highest" click.
>>
>>1098639
>heat is also very dry and I have static cling on my clothes
It's the dry winter air.
A couple of tin cans with water in them on top of the heater might help.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.