[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boots Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 338.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
338.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
Hey I occasionally lurk in /diy/ so please forgive me if I broke a rule by posting this somehow or something.

I dug out these really old boots which I haven't seen in a long time, and surprisingly they still fit. Since they are waterproof and don't look half bad, I got the idea to "restore" them and add a little modification of my own.

Firstly their soles are completely worn out (see next pic related), and are as you probably expect, really shitty to use to walk on snowy, icy, or wet ground in their current state. I'm seeking advice on how might I go about giving these things a new tread, whether it be by somehow cutting a new tread into these, or by gluing new ones on or something.

Secondly I have been thinking of cutting into the boots on the inside face of both heels, to sew or glue in a zipper, for fast boot access (I've grown accustomed to taking my footwear off upon entering a home, I'd like to be able to take these off without having to spend 5-10 minutes unlacing the tight boots). I am, again, looking for some advice or something, perhaps on keeping them waterproof if I were to proceed with the zipper idea.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
>>
File: 57.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>1098021
pic related is the worn out tread
>>
I know this isn't /diy/, but if you go to a cobbler you'll probably save money in the long run.
>>
Used to use this way on my old docs
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/onehandedknot.htm
>>
You really do need the right equipment to do this. You won't get the zip stitched in without a patcher, and you won't be able to do the soles without a finisher and probably a sole stitching machine. Shoe repair is one of those things that just isn't practical to DIY for anything much more complicated that some basic hand stitching.
>>
>>1098029
>>1098034
>>1098037

Thank you all very much, I'll be looking to visiting the local cobbler.

I'm still open for suggestions and such still though!
>>
>>1098039
I used something like this in a pair of 20 eye boots and it worked pretty well for quick on/off.

https://www.amazon.com/Elastic-Shoe-Laces-24-Black/dp/B0008E8IRA
>>
>>1098051
do the elastic laces keep a solid tight grip on the heels? I've always thought that elastic laces would either be too stretchy for any real comfortable grip on the feet, or they wouldn't be stretchy enough to take my foot out of the boot without having to unlace
>>
>>1098074
I had to change them out once because the grip weakened, but it stayed tight, fast, and secure.
Mind you, you do have to apply some force to pull them off, but nothing crazy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.