[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diy CNC machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: top_banners9-1140x380[1].jpg (59KB, 1140x380px) Image search: [Google]
top_banners9-1140x380[1].jpg
59KB, 1140x380px
I want to build a CNC machine, any tips?
I downloaded this book called Build Your Own CNC Machine and I think it's fine for the most part but the design uses the parallel port of a computer.
I'm thinking using Arduino instead and using the serial port of my laptop.

Any advice in general about this project?
Have you done something like this?
Am I gonna be able to machine aluminum?
>>
buy industrial surplus from ebay, shit is off the hook and most of the time better than any chinese shit

but some chinese stuff will be fine
>>
>>1097965
Here, check this out: https://github.com/grbl/grbl . This should use the usb of the arduino, but pay close attention to the wiki
And the materials you want to be able to machine will mostly depend on how good the milling tool is and the torque of the steeper motors. If the tool you are going to install is just a shity dremel ripoff that looses sharpness quickly, you might as well consider using high torque steeper motors. I'd recommend before installing the milling tool on the cnc testing it your self on different materials to feel how much resistance the material gives.
>>
File: cnc2.jpg (140KB, 1026x837px) Image search: [Google]
cnc2.jpg
140KB, 1026x837px
>>1097965
Inspiration
>>
File: Another Router CutoutSmall.jpg (78KB, 803x662px) Image search: [Google]
Another Router CutoutSmall.jpg
78KB, 803x662px
>>1097965
Another.

Openbuilds.org sells this aluminum extrusion shit for cheap. They sell whole kits, but they're pricey.

The cheap 1*1 stuff is nice and strong for frames, and I bought standard screws and nuts at home depot that fit it, rather than buying their shit.
>>
Buy a frame kit from ebay and do the electronic yourself. Saves you like 300€ and you have a better machine.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.