[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

manned multicopter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: ive lost it.jpg (787KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
ive lost it.jpg
787KB, 3000x1688px
i think i have lost it. i am trying to build a cheap multi-copter / bike. so far it seems like the cheap 2 strokes for bicycles will work well. if i could find some cheap electric motors that would be better because instead of batteries i could run a small generator for power. any input /diy/?
>>
>>1097925
Sounds good, but just use batteries to keep it simple.
>>
>>1097929
any single phase controlled motors that i could get cheaply? i would need a few unless they are good
>>
>>1097942
Use quadcopter or RC plane motors. Lots of them.
>>
>>1097953
looking for actual help
>>
>>1097925
How the fuck are you going to use 2 of those bike motors? They're the worst of the worst Chinese quality, you're retarded enough for risking your life with them on a bike.

On top of that, those motors make no horsepower at all. Its pathetic. They're also a horizontal covered shaft, and transferring motion vertically will add more weight than you can manage. Try some heavy duty lawnmower motors. But, I think you'll find that the lift will be inadequate. That Colin faggot had a great design for a frame, and that's going to be a key factor.
>>
>>1097969
no you arent
>>
>>1097988
i was thinking more along of the lines of this for more than 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj0r63xfG-M i plan on having enough incase on goes out i can compensate for a quick landing
>>
>>1097988
i liked his frame but those motors are about 6k
im looking for a cheap powerful 2 stroke
>>
>>1097925
Quadcopter design theory requires very quick rpm and torque changes that you can't get out of a gas motor.

If you want to stay with two stroke gas (a good idea for weight here) then you'd want more of a traditional helicopter with collective control. You can get a helicopter controller board designed to stabilize a helicopter rc instead of a quadcopter.

These aren't human grade parts of course and you might die.
>>
>>1098002
i would like to move to a generator and rc motors. i just cant find the kind im looking for. i would prefer to stay away from helis just because i want it to be unique.
>>
>>1098010
You're stacking 40% and 10% on top of a 50% initial loss
.if you kept it at the two stroke directly driving it you would only be at a 50% loss.

Believe me you're going to have enough problems engineering this without basic thermo dynamics telling you you are too heavy to lift your engine and fuel at the same time.
>>
>>1097925
This guy made a manned multicopter, first version not electric, it crashed, now he is working on an electric version
https://youtube.com/channel/UCvaS-RqEX8yPQ0P3hUSEetw

And colinfurze made one too, but doesn't look like it can get far off the ground
https://youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
>>
>>1098151
The be fair, if something goes wrong, you absolutely want to be closer to the ground than any higher than what's in the video
>>
>>1097925
do you realize what it takes to get your ass off the ground? if it was that simple we all would be zipping around with modified chainsaws powering our deathtraps. plus its harder to sync multiple combustion engines than a simple speed controller for all electric. 50rpm difference, and it will be uncontrollable.

weight is a big factor, generators for what they offer for power weigh a lot compared to a LiPo battery. sure flight time suffers but you don't have to lift that weight.

have you even thought about orientation of rotation of your 2 stroke, even people who took flight lessons will tell you gyroscopic force plays a major effect. single engine planes as soon as your wheels leave the runway the plane will try to rotate due to the engine and prop spinning.

you seriously trust the people on this board to design something for you to fly in and gain possible recognition?
>>
i understand how a multi-copter works with the countersinking >>1098179
also this is the best motor i have found so far
http://www.hengliyuanmodel.com/en/products/productshow_126.html
i need help finding one with more lift
>>
>>1097925

obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
>>
>>1097925
No. Just no.

Look into ultralight planes or motorized gliders/hang gliders instead.
>>
>>1098592
I can't stand this bs.
>tries to make it seem like he's done something amazing
>inspirational music
>boo hoo I didn't get fancy education but look, I used a bunch of money to make something that barely does anything

Hover bikes/cars/boards are fucking mental. They always have been. The master race combination of personal flying vehicles is an ultralight plane for long distance travel and a personal lighter than air ship for short range/scenic trips.
>>
File: zeonscout.jpg (751KB, 1903x1165px) Image search: [Google]
zeonscout.jpg
751KB, 1903x1165px
>>1097925
Oh shit, a motherfucking WAPPA
>>
>>1098592
>ground effect mobility scooter
>>
>>1098592
>oh look, something that can't even go in any direction in an useful speed

fuck this, it's so dumb
>>
It's easy to do. You need 4 of these or something similar. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-Sale-MP120100-80KV-sensored-brushless_60469878298.html

You will need something like a sportbike engine or rotary engine connected to a generator and some lithium batteries to buffer any bursts beyond what the generator can output and let you land if there's an engine failure. To be safer you really need 8 electric motors and motor control boards so you can deal with an electric motor failure.

I don't know how much energy it would consume to hover. If it's only 20 or 30kw it should be easy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlkHELjlo
>>
>>1100795
>All those points of failure
Can't tell if ballsy or stupid.
>>
>>1097925
Have you got money? I've done a lot of serious mathematical work on this, worked out the perfect design but no money to build it. I'd be willing to team up with you if you're British and have the funds. I also have skills in CAD and rapid prototyping.
>>
>>1100839
What did you work out was needed in terms of motors and power source?
>>
>>1100996
Depends on how heavy the person is. A design for lifting an 85 kg person would requre 46 kW.
>>
>>1100795
What the fuck is point. it does nothing. it isn't fucking flying.
>>
>>1101153
Interesting, how much weight is allowed for the quadcopter itself?

You would need about 160,000 mAh @ 100V for around 20 minutes of flight. That would require around 1300 18650 cells in a 25S53P configuration weighing around 65kg. Prismatic packs might be a little lighter.
>>
>>1101520
About 7 kg
>You would need about 160,000 mAh @ 100V for around 20 minutes of flight. That would require around 1300 18650 cells in a 25S53P configuration weighing around 65kg
How did you work this out?
>>
>>1098634
i think he actual has a bachelor in engineering or some shit
>>
>>1101644
colinfurze.com/about-me.html
>So the boring stuff i'm 32 and live in stamford lincolnshire where i was born (local boi) i left school at 16 and went straight into plumbing and stayed there till last june after that i was full time doing gadget Geeks for Sky.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj0r63xfG-M
>>
>>1098634
Look at his other videos, they are mostly entertainment.
You shouldn't watch his videos to actually see something useful.
>>
Nobody here wants to collaborate on a flying car? I'm the anon with the mathematical theory and I'll check this thread one more time.
>>
>>1101760
What do you want to achieve? slapping a wing on a car or design one from scratch?
>>
>>1101764
>wings
No, drone car. It's not crazy the Chinese are doing it.
>>
File: IMG_20160816_012020.png (671KB, 720x716px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160816_012020.png
671KB, 720x716px
>>
>>1101760
Are you possibly the guy who was going to build a gas-powered delivery drone?
>>
>>1101775
why add wheels when you can fly?
>>
>>1101780
Idk who that is, I've never built a drone I just study the theory bc into flying cars. Am I welcome here /diy/?
>>
>>1101696
Was about to post this
>>
A hayabusa engine weighs around 200 lbs and makes 194 hp, so what you could do is run two hayabusa engines with the throttles controlled by the left and right handlebars attached to the propeller blades, you should get air quite fast at a total of around 600 to 800 lbs, in which case your only fear would be trying to control and keep it stable
>>
>>1098592
why hasnt anyone mentioned the inevitability of chopping off a limb?

This whole idea is whack
>>
File: 1473489117362.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473489117362.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>1101926
>implying regular motorcycles are any less dangerous
>>
File: 1461951572132.jpg (106KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1461951572132.jpg
106KB, 800x584px
>>1101926
>This whole idea is whack
how would you ever come to that conclusion
>>
>>1101927
helicopterpilot here , how is a R22 less dangerous?
>>1101696
i'd pay half of the price for a 22 for something like this with just one hour of flight autonomy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 522x476px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 522x476px
>>1101943
>how is a R22 less dangerous?
because any idiot can jump on a motorcycle with very little if any kind of training or certification, not to mention a distinct discrepancy in the quality of the oversight (FAA is way more strict than DOT or Highway Patrol).
>>
>>1101946
i live in EASA, so something like that would be totally a Taboo for us.
and also yes, any idiot can jump on a motorcycle with no training, but also on a helicoptercycle or a normal Helicopter , and either chop his legs off , or the tailcone.
simple , like we do for Overcrafts, you need both naval licence and flight licence.
if the thing flight , either a goddamnt drone or a manned aircraft , you need your certification that approves you to drive such a thing.
>>
>>1101621
>About 7 kg
7kg or 70kg, you can't build a human quadcopter with 7kg.
>>
Looks like some korean guy made one so it's possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2j4KEPQI4
>>
>>1101696
He should remove all those different engines and just make do with one larger engine and a single propeller, perhaps with collective pitch. And then introduce something to prevent the copter from spinning around the drive axle, perhaps some sort of rotor on a tail?
>>
>>1102075
Told you so.
>>1102063
Make it 20 it's no big deal, the thing that actually affect performance most is flight time not weight.
>>
>>1102143
just go buy a goddamnt Bell47 then!
>>
>>1097925
What if you only used one more powerful motor to run multiple variable-pitch rotors?
>>
>>1097942
Alternator converted to be a motor. Cheap as chips
>>
>>1101265
it is
>>
File: First_Flight.jpg (24KB, 675x443px) Image search: [Google]
First_Flight.jpg
24KB, 675x443px
>>1098634
>>1100570
>>1100620
>>1101926
Yeah, no way something that sucks on the first iteration is ever going to develop into useful technology. What a bunch of gay bullshit lmao. Don't try to invent stuff at home you stupid fucks.
>>
>>1102984
some really can't deal with the fact that the idea is retarded
>>
>>1103020
So are 'monobikes', but they're also cool.

Posturing around complaining about "Solving problems that don't exist" isn't how you discover cool shit.
>>
>>1103024
yeah but there's a very strong correlation between "cool shit" and useless garbage
>>
>>1102733
Also utterly pathetic in terms of power. Permanent magnet motors offer far higher power-to-weight.
>>
>>1102984
Some "inventions" require a level of tech homebuilders don't have access to.

It's not "inventing" to repeat what others have also failed at without changing anything.
>>
Are there any RCBros around in this thread?
Are /RC Generals/ kill?

I've been trying to find one of those generals for a couple of days now, with no luck.

I got a Pixhawk FC running ArduPlane 3.7, and I'm trying to extract precise timestamps (with GPS Time) for post processing my GPS geotags, for some reason, this plane isn't reporting GPSTime on CAM/TRIG messages in my pixhawk log files, despite the fact I have a fix with 8 satellites, hdop 1.2, and gpsstatus 3

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my plane? I've got other pixhawk platforms and they report GPSTime in my log files just fine, my LOG_BITMASK parameter is set as 65535 or "Pixhawk Default"
>>
Anon i dont think your gonna find what your looking for. As ither anons have said if it was easy or even possible every asshole would do it. I wish you luck and want to compliment you on picking a cool way to die. Who would want to die in there bed a old man surrounded by loved ones. The way to go is to have your mangaled remains scattered with chinese plastic and engine parts.
>>
>>1103692
lmao
>>
>>1103692
this made my day
>>
>>1103692
yeah im prettymuch going to abandon this idea for now but i got a good kek from that

im going to build an ultralight so thats about it
/thread
>>
>>1104023
Dude I said I could help you and you ignored me. Just cover the propellers it's not rocket science.
>>
>>1104100
i would need help with the calculations
>>
>>1104106
Well that's precisely what I can help you with.
Are you in England?
>>
>>1104106
murica.
>>
>>1104244
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyUrqZBs2XA
this looks promising
>>
>>1098558
>i understand how a multi-copter works with the countersinking >>1098179
>also this is the best motor i have found so far
>http://www.hengliyuanmodel.com/en/products/productshow_126.html
>i need help finding one with more lift
No, just no.

You want 8 of these.
https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Free-Shipping-2016-hot-sale-25KW_60534015518.html
You will want a battery capable of 72v 1000A pulses and an ic motor + generator with around 300A 72V output.

I would make my own motor controllers, I would estimate cost at around $200 per controller.

It's not overly difficult but I would estimate you're going to have to spend about $15000 USD to fly.
>>
>>1104106
>i would need help with the calculations
Which calculations? I pretty much know how to design the thing if anyone is interested in wasting money.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.