[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't stop wrenching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: black wrenches matter.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
black wrenches matter.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
since black Friday I haven't been able to stop buying wrenches. I just dont know what to get, so I buy everything on sale with the mindset that I will return everything but what I actually need.

>need

So here's what I've bought:

2x Husky double ratcheting wrenches (6 pieces)

2x Husky ratcheting wrenches (7 pieces)
19.99 ea (maybe a few cents less)

I bought both sets because the single ratcheting set has an extra wrench in a different size. I honestly don't know if I'll ever need it.

I then bought 2x 7 piece ratcheting wrenches from harbor freight with the 25% off coupon thinking that they would be cheaper than the Husky variety, but I was off $5 and would only save maybe $4 if I took them back. My thoughts were to make a few bucks somehow but that didn't pan out.

I also thought, hey, I'll just keep the double ratcheting set, buy a socket set with the pass through head for longer bolts, return everything else, and call it a day. So I bought the Go-Through socket and ratchet set for $15 after coupon from harbor freight.

there's also the flex head ratcheting wrenches, but you only get 5 in a set, and there's the single ratcheting wrench set that gives you 20 pieces (metric and burger) for $49.99 from home depot. I've thought about returning everything and getting that.

I also have an employer who will reimburse me for any tools i buy for the job. someone already showed up for work with ratcheting wrenches, so I know that i can pass the buck on one set to him.

Maybe I keep the double ratcheting wrenches + the go through socket set, get reimbursed for 1+1 7 piece sets for $50, return all the single ratcheting sets and just get the 20 piece set from home derpo..
>>
>>1097621
Don't ever buy shit from home depot, everything is marked up by 20-30 dollars there, even wood screws.

Have fun with your nuts and wrenches, fag.
>>
... I don't know what to keep and what to return.

pleasehalp.jpg
>>
>>1097622
harbor freight is like 2 minutes away from me on foot. I haven't tried exchanging a broken tool yet, but if that works out it may influence my purchase...maybe. $50 for 20 ratcheting wrenches is tempting from the home despot.
>>
>>1097625
Fuck I guess man, I am canadian so I buy most of my shit at cambodian tire. Home depot is just trash imo, but a deal is a deal. 50 dollars seems expensive to me.
>>
>>1097626
they sell more than just tires, eh?
>>
>need

Open box wrench set, metric/standard
Closed box wrench set, metric/standard
(these two sets are usually the same, with an open box on one end and a closed on the other)
Ratcheting Set (best incarnated as a ratcheting socket set)

If you got those 3 things, you're done. Ratcheting wrenches suck balls. Sure, they are occasionally convenient on easy to turn but hard to reach crap, but they break instantly on any bolt that puts up a fight. The entire point of a closed box wrench is to have strength so the wrench doesn't break when use a breaker bar, and to support the bolt on all sides so it doesn't get rounded off.

If you do want a ratcheting set, for that occasional convenience, get it only after you have the baseline sets of standard tools.
>>
>>1097631
It's Canadia's version of Harbor Freight. They sell literally the same stuff.
>>
>>1097626
i figure I can get reimbursed for the two 7 piece sets I got for $50, return the sets, buy the twenty piece set, and pocket the 6 extra pieces.

in all honesty, i doubt that they will ask for anything back if and when i leave the co.

>>1097633

a socket set would be cool, but in my line of work small parts get lost easily by tard employees. I figure a wrench would be harder to lose by a stoner barely making it past minimum wage.

Granted my priority is for my own personal tool box, but I also have my work tool box in mind if I can get reimbursed for my purchases.
>>
>>1097633
I only have crastman combination wrenches for my personal use. I have a few odd loose wrenches that I've ended up with also. I think one is branded by Mercedes.

I have 2 Craftsman ratchets, but i think the switch is going out on one of them. I think ratcheting wrenches have been one of those meme tools that have really caught my eye. I suppose I could live without them, but they just seem so darn cool.

I'm beginning to just think I should buy a solid set for work and bring home a wrench or two whenever a task calls for it.
>>
>>1097636
I would return anything you get from home depot. It's such a ripoff I don't even bother going there. I find the best deals on wood and screws at mom and pop stores. Best deals on tools would be habor freight I'm guessing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.