[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wellsite trailers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 24530925_4.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
24530925_4.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
Who has lived in one of these before? Need some opinions before I start this shit.

Seems like the best option for a mobile utilitarian home. Seems like as long as you have something to haul propane/water, and have a plan for electricity you are set (minus getting someone to pump sewage out of it).
>>
>>1096893
Thats just pretty much a mini trailer house. Nothing special.
>>
>>1096907
Expert here.
I can confirm this.
>>
>>1096907
This. It's simply a mobile home that is actually meant to be mobile in a much more real sense than your run of the mill trailer park unit, as it will be drug around from one well to the next with quite some frequency.
>>
A mobile home is an answer to each specific use case including climate.

You are best off using a fifth wheel style trailer for the base if you aren't pulling with a medium duty or larger truck.

Don't overthink shit and consider a used Airstream. The reason different types of trailer succeed is because they work.

It also depends on what you expect to do. I sleep in a hammock so I wouldn't required dedicated bed space and could live easily in a workshop trailer if required for road work.

Heavy equipment trailers like pic related weigh quite a bit more than an Airstream.

How much MONEY is available? That's the best way to choose your solution.

How long do you need the trailer to serve you? In what climate?

What size truck do you own?
>>
posting because interest.

i need something cheap i can live in while i build my real house. it only has to move once. i plan on getting rid of it as soon as im done.

whats my best bang for my buck?
>>
>>1097977

Probably one of those atco jobsite trailers, you can get them for under $5k from a auction. They're wired up with lights and outlets, have a furnace and sometimes a bathroom. I'd turn it into a workshop after your house is done being built.

A RV/trailer that cheap is going to be a leaking mess and most things will need replacing. Plus the DNA on everything...
>>
>>1096893

Keep in mind if you're buying a used one that 1-4 degenerate oilfield workers probably lived in it for months on end while working 12-16 hour shifts covered in every kind of shit you can imagine, and when they weren't working they were vomiting alcohol.
>>
This
>>1098016
and check for used office trailers on Craigslist etc. They are often leased and you can find them in decent shape.

Also look into repo'ed single-wide mobile homes.
>>
>>1098447
good times......good times lol
>>
>>1096893
I've spent some time in one once with my step-dad. Pretty comfy, but it really is just a mobile home or trailer. Really nothing fancy. If you can, try to get one a geologist or mud engineer worked in. They're generally cleaner than other ones, that >>1098447 said.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.