[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SCG/ - Shipping Container General #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: shipping-container-2.jpg (667KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
shipping-container-2.jpg
667KB, 960x720px
Last one died so this is the second one.

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3EAJex1RVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poj_-vDaAHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JNobiOxTZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvXpLRw30A

Post questions and we will answer them.
>>
Whats the best alternative to burying a shipping container for use as a bunker that won't require tonnes of reinforcement cos you're nigger rigging something that shouldn't be buried in the first place?
Concrete Culvert?
That plastic corrugated culvert?
or something else?
>>
>>1096868
I'd go with culvert. Concrete is good, but I'd check out the specs on that plastic stuff as well. It could be just as good. Buried plastic tanks are a thing.
>>
File: IMG_4485.jpg (98KB, 468x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4485.jpg
98KB, 468x338px
>>1096868
>>
>>1096868
Define why you want to bury the bunker. Bunkers don't inherently require burial to protect the contents, and burial makes removing and installing equipment more difficult.

If you are inside a shipping container with no windows your view isn't different than if it's buried. I don't put windows in my shop containers, just a man door at the opposite end from the end door.

Copy success. There is nothing new to invent in the bunker world. There are many advanced hardened shelter designs. Study them. There is nothing new to invent in the /diy/ ISO container world. Industry and the military have all the best examples.

Railroad car recyclers sell tank car hulls complete or sectioned. Farmers buy them for culverts to drive heavy machinery over.

If burial is to hide from law enforcement, be aware they look at satellite pics and so do local planners when determining tax. If they think you are doing illegal shit they may dime you out. I would not bury a container to conceal activity. I'd hide in plain sight.
>>
Everyone who wants to bury a container should do so! Follow your dreams and ignore the haters. Your initiative will be rewarded with success!

Numerous containers survived direct hits from 30mm A-10 "Warthog" cannon during the Iraq war. The springy corrugations dissipate energy and the projos bounce off. The immortal Corten steel shells last centuries even without paint, which is only decorative. The US Navy has a fleet of containers at the bottom of the Marianas trench where they dock submarines made from containers for underwater replenishment. Hawaii successfully used lava flow to encase containers to make attractive tourist lodges. Transatmospheric scramjet powered containers have been developed into launch platforms for smaller containers to be used in the post-Brexit EU space containerstation. North Korea replaced their old dug shelters under mountains with containers painted like mountains. (The insides are painted with cute anime characters to boost morale.) Elon Musk prototyped an electric container to replace the Tesla since the container is more aesthetically appealing than the car and has a lot more battery room. The mayor of Detroit has decided to replace his decaying city with containers. The old buildings will be demolished and the rubble hauled off in other containers, loaded onto rafts made of containers, and shipped to China via the St. Lawrence seaway where it will be ground up and the metal residue used to make more containers. US Navy SEALS stealthily infiltrate enemy ports using containers cunningly disguised as containers. Israel is solving the Palestinian problem by storing them in containers. (Germany tried to solve the Jewish problem using wooden freight cars, but the container hadn't been invented yet.) Donald Trumps border wall will be easily affordable if built from containers. Any Beaners who slip in by other routes can be detained in containers then trucked to Beanland where containers will be donated as housing.
>>
>>1096899

>taking something not designed to be underground and putting it underground
>taking something designed to go underground and leaving it above ground

Never change /diy
>>
I want to buy a shipping container and turn it into a big pizza oven for a charity. If I installed gas burners, would the shipping container's walls basically deform if I close the doors without vents?

Would I need insulation around or within the container too?
>>
File: vlcsnap-5519-03-01-07h16m31s136.png (221KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-5519-03-01-07h16m31s136.png
221KB, 720x418px
>>1097980
>a big pizza oven
>for charity
Leave me ALONE, Knittler!
>>
>>1097968
Au contraire

Or should i say

Oh container
>>
>>1096868
Concrete Utility Vault. You want a bunker/rape cave/smokin' spot/root cellar have a concrete utility vault installed. Manhole access, sump pump wells, j-pipe ventilator that can take a hit by a car, you name it, it can be built in and ready to bury. It can be a 6x3 up to 12x30 with 6-10 foot ceiling.
>>
>>1097980
what temperature you want to go? Install kaowool on the walls, depending on the temperature is the thickness you need
>>
>>1097980
Nice try, Hitler.
>>
>>1097980
It's painted with unknown paint in china. I wouldn't heat it to make food in it.
>>
>>1097968
>There is nothing new to invent in the bunker world.
Nigger what
>>
File: hitler_1881083c.jpg (67KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
hitler_1881083c.jpg
67KB, 640x399px
>>1097980
>Gas burners
>>
>>1100172
>>There is nothing new to invent in the bunker world.

What I said, shithead. I studied hardened shelters while in the Air Force and continue to do so because it's a fascinating subject.

Noobs have no idea, but military bunkers aren't just holes dug randomly by autists. Scientific design of fortifications isn't new. The US and other countries test designs to destruction by bombing and other methods. We don't do atmospheric nuke testing any more, but the countries which did put that data to use.

Most of these threads are started by retards who want a tendies dungeon and don't really know why nor do they care enough to cure their disgusting ignorance.
>>
>>1100171
This and most floors are wooden, treated with Dieldrin or other pesticides. No problem to work in but building a stove with the shell as a hull rather than installing proper kitchen interior would be stupid for many reasons. Of course dumbfucks with no idea how pizza ovens or catering trailers work want to spout off their nignorant opinions. Container threads are a showcase of stupid kiddyshit.
>>
>>1096854
havent been here since 2012.

Shiping container is general now.

absolute kek.
>>
>>1096854
Last one died because all u faggots are fucking stupid

Fuck the fuck off fucking SAGE
>>
>>1097980
AHAHQHAHAHAAAAAA
SAGE
>>
>>1100265
I'm a retard, yes, but I don't want a tendies dungeon.
I wanted my house to be completely or mostly underground so I can use my surface level to grow crops and useful plants when leaving the lower levels for housing.
But the more I research (still too little to make the useful information work) the more problems I find: heat, energy to move things upwards, D vitamin, enough weight resistance, prices, total useful life time, air.
>>
>>1100413
stay mad newfag
>>
File: precast-structural-design.jpg (162KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
precast-structural-design.jpg
162KB, 432x288px
>>1100002
This looks like a lot of fucking work anon
>>
>>1101370
Good think /diy/ is autistic enough to do it.
>>
File: 2016-12-18 10.40.36.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18 10.40.36.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4KZeB3R1Dk

:)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.