[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man Hands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: 1.jpg (237KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
237KB, 1280x960px
/diy/ how old were you when you got your man hands?

I am well into my twenties and still have scrawny little /b/tard fingers.

what /diy/ activities will help my fingers grow?
>>
>>1096792
do more manual labor.
I had part time jobs during highschool doing roofing and general demolition, and after that I became a mechanic.

I had a 50 year old man's hands by the time I was 20.
>>
>>1096792
Sorry OP. Your stuck with those hands.
Also, learn2genetics
>>
>>1096792
22. I'm 25 now. Service technician working on commercial and industrial food equipment.
Scars, calluses and arthritic pain arent really the things to look forward to, OP.

Wear your gloves and keep your girly fat hands.
>>
>>1096792
Started after high school. Worked all different factory jobs starting off with 5 8 hour days then moving to 5 10 hour days plus 6 hours on Saturday.

Step your game up.
>>
>>1096792

I do harder work that's worse on my hands then my father ever did, it's just the genetic lottery, man. And scars.

But those just age your hands, they don't make them like catcher's mitts like some people will get, that's all genetics. But my hands are effectively work hardened at 23, due to working without gloves in industry moving cast steel every day for hours on end. I don't burn easily and cuts either go unnoticed or I'll only notice when I stain something becuase I don't care. And that's even when heavy eczema.

Take up a hobby that hates your skin, like swimming, old-school archery or woodworking. the only time I've had my hands hurt because of some kind of tear was crushing my pinky so hard every capillary burst on the surface, (which interestingly enough didn't break my finger even though I dropped 400+ pounds on it while building a bridge)
>>
I grew up on a farm. Lots of shoveling, wheelbarrows, and ladders. I had man hands before I could read.
>>
>>1096792
Dunno. I got short fat sausage fingers. I got man grip like none other growing up swinging a hammer. Big ass arms. I'm fat and have little girl wrists. I can grab something and squeeze until my wrist pops and my hand opens twitching... not sure wtf that means but I have never seen it and assume it's bad. My last boss fired me for making him look like a punk bitch in front of everyone. Little did he know I was gonna put my notice in 2 days later anyway. Decided to make the best of a fucked situation. Without descriptive detail we had to change rock screens. This is done with a 1 inch impact. But we are 3rd world tier cucks in america for no reason. "Here u go anon. Big ass bolts and a half inch drive ratchet." Cool... kid got fired because them bolts gotta be super tight. My boss was a cunt and batching. Then says go get this fucker in there tight as u can blah blah. I laugh and flex. Said boss man ima twist em off. I better go 70% max. I get poked in the chest by a midget and talked down to with a shit eating grin. Boss decides to let me take a 5 man job so I abliged. Tied a rope on the screen and pulled it up by myself. With 4 guys watching I commenced to put screen in. They went to lunch and I said I'd have the plant running.

Twisted 8 1/2" cat bolts off and 2 short half inch ratchets.

Handed boss the pieces. Slapped him hard as FUCK on the back. And said have fun sacking dick faggot.

Turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>1096813
This. MAN UP BOY
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481381575886.jpg (207KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481381575886.jpg
207KB, 2048x1536px
>>1096827
"Building a bridge."

Thank u for being a man anon.

Ain't many of us uncucks left
>>
>>1096833

I don't post here enough

It was for a paintball project at a local field/abandoned military hospital.

we felled local trees and milled them a bit with a chainsaw to make flats, and when we went to place it, my buddy slipped and I didn;t let go fast enough.

for a few seconds it hurt real bad, lots of blood, and i thought it was broken. but within an hour I stopped noticing it and at the end of the day I saw all the little dots where the pores had filled with blood and it had coagulated. my FA buddy was shocked my pinky wasn't flat as a pancake.
>>
>>1096792
Your grip comes from your forearm, not your fingers.

Lift more
>>
I have pianist hands. Feels good for fine mechanics.
>>
pullups like a lot
>>
>>1096869
> Your grip comes from your forearm, not your fingers.

This is true.

> Lift more

This isn't. Lifting will swell your bicep and or pecs, depending on how you lift. It'll do little for your forearm strength. For that you'll need to do something that uses your forearm: swing a hammer, axe or sword, climb, reel in a fishing net. If you are looking for pure exercise you can go up a rope without using your legs, do push-ups on your knuckles, or fill a mason jar with sand and hold it by the rim.
>>
>>1097206
there is a video series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbyUzsHP3Po&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkbyUzsHP3Po&has_verified=1
Observe that they open up people (like dead people, fortunately) in this series.
I found this fascinating, pay attention when they show the tendons of the hand as you can clearly see from where the movement comes...

I am I biologists so I'm not creeped out by this video, but you might, as dead bodies are involved.
>>
>>1096831
Man you just made me so glad I don't work in quarries anymore. I got frostbite all over my back crawling around changing screens by myself in -25 weather. You ever have to tighten a cone crusher? Makes changing screens look like a chill afternoon
>>
>>1096792
Fairly early I reckon, lots of cutting wood, fixing cars, changing tyres, mending fences and later on got into abseiling. Still do a bit of hobby metalworking and knife making so they're still pretty tough
Picture kind of reminded me of my baby daughters hands, they're so tiny and cute.
>>
>>1096809
This, I cant even lay my hands flat on a table anymore and I'm 28. Lots of building treehouses and shit as a kid, followed by steel work and woodworking. Programming was the final nail.

My hands look like freddy krugers face.
>>
File: received_10157797648955109.jpg (53KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_10157797648955109.jpg
53KB, 1080x1920px
I got fat hands but they arent man hands, not rugged or anything. I got decent grip strength from being a gopher for my dad, bringing him toolboxes up flights of stairs and moving lots of heavy shit around. When i was lifting id get some callouses but.nothing extravagant.

I wanna legally pick up a trade but i dont know what one would pay well.and not become automatized.. any suggestions?
>>
File: lower faggot.jpg (108KB, 855x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lower faggot.jpg
108KB, 855x1000px
>>1097206
https://stronglifts.com/deadlift/grip/
Dead lifts do increase your grip strength.
>>
>>1096792

20 or so. Shoveling snow is fun.
>>
>>1096792

Right around 20/21.

I always had fairly strong hands growing up thanks to a lot of outdoor frolicking and helping dad with projects around the house. Once I moved out I was doing all my own auto work because I was too poor to pay a shop to do it, and since I drove 20+ year old vehicles there was always plenty to keep a few scabs on my hands.

It wasn't until I got a job as an oilfield roustabout though that they really got "hard". North Dakota, hard labor, -40 to +100 degree temperatures and with tools and equipment that had been through multiple generations of hell.

I've had a desk job for going on three years now and my car is a lot more reliable, so my hands don't take much abuse any more. The skin has gotten softer again and they aren't as covered in scars and scabs as they used to be, but they still look like primeval claws.
>>
>>1096876
Gets it. I have calloused, long fingered, little lady hands and I can work on machine. Hands come down to callouses, grip strength (which I'm working on) and dexterity/range of motion. If you have meat clumps on your wrists but your fingers are all crooked and fucked, what's the point? Big hotdog hands have their uses and look manly as fuck, I can't deny that. Sometimes I do wish I owned a pair.
>>
>>1096792
I have big hands because of genetics. My hands are pretty callus because I weight lifts and do some manual labor.

But my fingers are really skinny
:(

How do I get big meaty fingers?
>>
>>1096844
Kek. Gg. People laugh but smashed fingers are some of the worst pain I ever had. Blew a few out swinging rod wrenches on shitty fucked up rods... had several nails ripped off. Shit sucks anon.
>>
>>1096869
That explains it. I swear I got bigger forearms than my bro who is a pro athelete. Fucker lifts for a living and I don't even do man work anymore
>>
>>1097297
U FUCKING TRYING TO TRIGGER ME?

lol, I froze to a belt after being soaked fucking with a belt on the damn wash screens. Then after I went to our nasty ass pack rat infested spare clothes pile for a greasy oil soaked coat I got to spend the day straddling the fucking cone crusher with a rock bar. Faggot I worked for had 2 quarries. 1 cone would always leak all the fluid out on u while u had to crawl inside the cocksucker and dig metal out. Still amazed how much of our junk old shit cold fall apart and still fucking half assed run.

Fuck that job and those people. Only thing they ever did was give me this comfy job running a loader. Lol.

100% fuck a cone crusher. We should cut them all up into serrated knives and ass fuck anyone who has anything to do building them...
>>
File: 1155428.png (222KB, 704x381px) Image search: [Google]
1155428.png
222KB, 704x381px
>>1096792

Try again Trump
>>
you wouldn't diy yourself
>>
>>1096792
Highschool.

Spent a summer building fences and digging ditches on a family ranch. Lives in the bunk house. Was payed $200 a week + room/board.

My hands were bleeding by the end of the 3rd day.
>>
PIANO

also lost sensitivity in my fingertips from flipping tortillas on the stove since forever because mexican. Also worked as a dishwasher in high school and we(I) used scalding hot water on the plates so they would dry faster.
>>
>I work harder than u!!: The thread
kek
>>
>>1097632
Climbing does as well and is a lot more fun
>>
ur fingers adapt to what used for, b tard needs skinny fast flying fingers to storm , when u do manly things you will get ur manly hands dont worry budd
>>
interesting question OP,
I assume mine 'arrived' right after puberty, when i started getting into building/repairing things.
I'll never have my dads hands, because he led a whole other life. I fix pc's for a living, he refurbished furniture or worked in a plant the most of his life.
Also, i'm pretty sure there's some perspective that adds to the dad-hands-hype, you were small when you first met them, and your (mental) image of them will not have changed much.
If you feel you need to grow bigger hands even if your life does not require them, good luck, i'm sure you'll find a way.
>>
>not having baby sensitive, smooth, hands that climax each time you touch a naked womans body
>>
>tfw pianist
Arthritis isn't as painful as people make ir to be right?
>>
Do some man work, or get in a lot of fights. I got my man hands from a mixture of those two.
>>
File: 20161217_141040.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_141040.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>1098685
I know that feel anon. I would second the idea that genetics is a major factor. I am constantly outdoors doing projects and I still have relatively small fingers. Maybe a several month weightlifting program focusing on freeweights woukd have a good effect
>>
File: 1481580209590.png (103KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1481580209590.png
103KB, 500x441px
>>1096792
started as an HVAC tech apprentice and between installs, service and maintenance work, my hands had been destroyed by a combination of sheet metal burs, PVC cement burning into my skin, and gas pipe dope shelling them with a harsh callus overmould
not to mention all the fiberglass insulation and foil tape cuts

oh, and there is nothing i love more than having my fingers frozen by a nice burst of r-410a while im trying to detach my gauges from an ac unit in the dead of winter because everyone has to have a fucking heat pump now
>>
>>1100689
different adnon but its worse than people make it out to be because its persistent.
>>
>>1101043
Fugg
my future looks grim
>>
Metal hand grippers like Captains of Crush.

By the time I got to the Number 2s I had the manly palm and fingers of a burn victim and the soft, baby smooth backhand that ladies love.

Also hideously disproportionate forearms
>>
>>1100864
What are gloves and how do they work.
>>
>>1098851
Me too I only stuck to that for a couple years to do snow removal in the winter. 12-24 hr straight shifts at 25/hr cash and I could hide and sleep a couple hours every shift if I felt like. Those were the days
>>
>>1101236
You really think refrigerant can't blast through a glove? Even on leather gloves it'll freeze your fingers inside the glove.
>>
>>1100167
Keked
>>
>>1096792
Post ring size faggots
>>
You guys have bitch hands, you bitches can't even crush a can.
>>
>>1096792
cut down a tree and cut it up into firewood, NO POWERTOOLS, I did that at 16 while in a testosterone frenzy of puberty and I got man hands that day. go break some trees
>>
File: 1481274255593.jpg (43KB, 474x445px) Image search: [Google]
1481274255593.jpg
43KB, 474x445px
>>1096831
>I get poked in the chest by a midget
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.