[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male Pattern Balding/ Receding Hairlines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8

File: balding.jpg (50KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
balding.jpg
50KB, 640x417px
What the FUCK!?

We haven't found a remedy for this shit yet?

Luckily I'm tall, so most people can't see it, unless I'm sitting down or going downstairs first. I don't want to shave my head every 2-3 weeks, but I'm always wearing a hoodie or toboggan.

WTF /diy/?

I KNOW someone here has had SOME success.

Share dat shit!
>>
The only things with any real evidence of "working" are propecia and minoxidil.

And then there's the usual implants / stem cell therapies which cost tens of thousands.

The rest is total snake oil.

I must say I used minox for 8 months with no results, didn't even slow the loss down.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-E2B5GfI8
>>
Researched this when I started losing my hair as a teenager.

TLDR is if you take both ingested and topical medications every day for the rest of your life you have a chance (but no guarantee) of keeping the hair you have.

Doing this will cost you around $60k for the next 30 years.

I just said fuck it and shaved. Being shaved bald is acceptable now, it's not really a big deal. Some women even think it's sexy.

It's much better if you have some facial hair though. Not full on beard, just have some scruff so you have SOME hair on your head.
>>
>>1096617
Hair plugs work but seriously most of the stuff is snake oil. IM losing mine too but relatively slowly luckily (23). You need to get a close female friend, one that you are just friends with. Eventually bring up that you are going bald, she will already know but probably fein surprise. Say something like:
"lhaha yeah its shitty but oh well ill just shave my head when it gets bad enough" Then ask her to keep and eye on your hair and give you the green light for when its time to shave. This will hopefully minimize the amount of time you spend with Trump hair.
>>
>>1096617
Suck it up buttercup.

Age happens. Just wait till your nosehairs start growing.
>>
Age 35 with zero hair loss here. I have that one friend like this who is really self-conscious about his baldness, and constantly wears some sort of hat. Don't be self-conscious. Women don't care. Dude's in great shape and still pulls lots of women. You're the only one who cares. Your mother's genes are to blame, nobody can fault you for that.

Honestly, it's most likely going to work in your favor. People still think I'm in my 20's, and it's hurting my career. All the higher-ups my age are bald and bearded. There is no DIY solution. All you can *maybe* do is buy some time with Minodixil, etc. Own it.
>>
>>1096676
37 with a full head of hair. it comes from your mother is bullshit. i'm the only one on my mothers side out all my uncles and first cousins and first cousins once removed with a full head of hair, everyone else over 25 is bald or balding. my father was bald, however all my male cousins which are older than me still have a full head of hair, one is pushing 50.

ive heard it has to do more with what shampoo (sulfates are bad). my father claimed it had more to do with how hot of a shower you take.
>>
>>1096742
*however all my male cousins on my fathers side
>>
>>1096617
Only advise I have is quite giving a fuck or let the barber leave some combo very up front. They always try that shit on me. Fuckoff bitch shave it
>>
>>1096665
>Age happens. Just wait till your nosehairs start growing.

Bruh.....It's happening. What I'm REALLY scared off is having hair grow out of my ears.
>>
>>1096742
>hurr its not genetics, its hot water!
How come these bald bastards got hair ass backs and shit? Dumb ass.
>>
File: 14792528356616.jpg (411KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
14792528356616.jpg
411KB, 1462x1462px
>Betas spend tens of thousands of dollars on these products rather than just shave their head

And most of these products don't even work.

Fucking kek.
>>
>>1096815
i have a single long hair that grows out of one ear. annoying as all hell. nose hair is also pretty annoying
>>
>>1096657
But Trump's hair is all-natural.
>>
>>1097018
some people are really sensitive to hair loss for some reason. also some people assume anyone with a shaved head is a nazi which can cause some issues. i've shaved my head since i was like 9 and i've had so many nazi comments over the years and even people come up to me in stores and such to bitch at me for being a nazi
>>
File: stephenson.jpg (43KB, 550x369px) Image search: [Google]
stephenson.jpg
43KB, 550x369px
Shave head. Grow whatever amount of facial hair you wish as long as it's not zero. You don't want to look like a cancer patient.
>>
>>1096742
Just because you don't understand genetics doesn't mean you get to argue against the facts. How can you think it's your shampoo? It's known to be an X-linked trait, and since your X-chromosome comes from your mother, that's how you wind up bald.

Your mother has two, you know. 50:50 shot for all your sibs if she's only got one bald gene. Independent probability for each recombination, so you could have a dozen bald sibs and be the lucky one in the bunch.

It's fucking high school science. Sulfates are bad for the environment, not your fucking head.
>>
>>1096815
>38
>balding like fuck
>hair growing from nose and ears
>have to shave head every 2-3 weeks

fml
>>
>>1097032
I'd just tell them that I have cancer. Should shut them up real quick.
>>
>29
>Balding
>Don't care
>>
>>1097199
>50
>Finnish
>Full head of black hair
>>
File: 63868.png (68KB, 750x393px) Image search: [Google]
63868.png
68KB, 750x393px
>>1096617
>not embracing your baldnes
True man don't define themselve through hair
>>
>>1096617
1 mg propecia daily - must be daily. It takes 12-18 months to start working.

Minoxidil applied as directed, best to get a 12-15% compounded lotion so you only need to apply at night. Again, only works after 12-18 months with daily use.

Missing a dose can fuck you, so don't miss a dose. You will experience 'shedding' where it looks like you're losing hair, but that's thin weak strands popping out due to thicker strands growing in.

Or just shave your head.
>>
>>1096657
But Trump's hair is very nice
>>
>start balding at 26
>gf suggested I shave it all off
>look good bald with beard

showers are quicker.
>>
>>1096676
Everyone on my mother's side of the family has a full head of hair. Everyone on my dad's side of the family is bald. I am bald. I call bullshit.
>>
>>1096835
You ignored his claim about shampoo entirely, was that on purpose?

I noticed a bit of balding starting a few months ago (at age 20) and stopped using shampoo entirely, I just wash my hair with apple cider vinegar every 5-7 days now.
But it may not have been that because I was also taking lots of zinc by supplement and I cut that too, the high levels of zinc could have been what triggered it in the first place
>>
>>1096617
>>>1096742
>Just because you don't understand genetics doesn't mean you get to argue against the facts. How can you think it's your shampoo? It's known to be an X-linked trait, and since your X-chromosome comes from your mother, that's how you wind up bald.
>
>Your mother has two, you know. 50:50 shot for all your sibs if she's only got one bald gene. Independent probability for each recombination, so you could have a dozen bald sibs and be the lucky one in the bunch.
>
>It's fucking high school science. Sulfates are bad for the environment, not your fucking head.

This guy gets it. The hair follicles with testosterone* sensitivity gene is from your mom. Testosterone levels are both and type* released may be more from your dad.
>>
File: 41LAuz+z4KL.jpg (21KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
41LAuz+z4KL.jpg
21KB, 500x354px
> I'm always wearing a hoodie or toboggan.
>wearing a toboggan
>pic related
>????
>>
>>1097271
>You ignored his claim about shampoo entirely, was that on purpose?
Just forget to add it. The same applies but to a lesser extent. If you used some harsh ass shampoo all your life, your shit might fall out.

I think extra testosterone plays a big role in people like I mentioned.
>>
>>1096651
>topical medication
>>
>>1097200
lol you are half dead
>>
File: 443050.jpg (62KB, 534x1024px) Image search: [Google]
443050.jpg
62KB, 534x1024px
The chemical in nizoral shampoo is said to have a similar effect as rogaine. There's the normal over the counter version and they sell a behind the counter version with double concentration.

Plenty of nigga women on youtube talk about massaging castor oil onto your skin to promote hair growth.

Reduce your testosterone? Start jacking off like 3 times a day.
>>
If anything truly worked, why are there ultra rich people still balding?

Something to think about there.
>>
>>1098649
Probably because they don't care. They're focused on being successful.
>>
40 year old balding anonfag here.
Briefly looked into hair replacement a few years ago, before deciding I just don't give a fuck. (and guys, I'm telling you, no one else gives a shit about your hair).
You can get a full head of flowing hair for about $10k, if you're not too far gone. $10k-$20k if you're a chrome dome.
But we are talking surgery here. It's messy. There can be complications just like any invasive procedure.
Bit there's a ton of info on the internet, so feel free to do some research.
>>
>>1098649
Trump got hairplugs in the 80s, and Elon Musk somehow restored his hairline.

I'd just shave my head if I started going bald.
>>
Does anyone else really enjoy the pleasure-pain of pulling out a long, thick, wiry nose hair?
>>
>>1098790
Trump's hair looks like shit.

And I don't think it's safe to just assume Elon regrew his actual hair, he could very well be doing this at a regular schedule and you would never know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCJd0Wr9sm4
>>
>>1098892
Trump's hair is what it is, but it's there.
>>
>>1096617
The only solutions are like >>1096623 said. Even if you do find something that works it means you're fucking with your testosterone levels in a way that hasn't been studied like those drugs have been.

Though you should just deal with it. I think its something like two-thirds of men go bald before they're 35. I'm going on 22 and I'll probably bald the top way. Grew a beard and I don't look terrible now with a shaved head.

There's a few guys at work who have balded: one younger guy shaved his head completely, has a bit of scruff and glasses and it looks really good on him. Probably even more so than if he had had hair. The older guy clings to his hair, he has like a skullet and wears hats to cover his bare head and honestly its more cringe worthy that he won't just shave it off.

Moral of the story, you may not like the way you look bald but other people will respect you if you just embrace it.
>>
>>1096617
Embrace it. Make it look good. There are women who find it attractive, but you have to be confident to pull it off.
>>
>>1098647
Keto is not like rogaine

The bioscience ezpz way to explain it is "The Big 3 treatment", the treatment most people can afford.

Rogaine/Minoxidil speeds up hair growth.
You can buy 6 months worth for pretty cheap if you look around.

Finasteride pills slow hair loss by reducing a form of testosterone.
Eat the cost for the 5mg pills and split them into 1 or 1.25mg and it lasts for many months.

Nizoral/Ketoconazole shampoo reduces inflammation and basically clears your scalp so the others can work better.
It's a semi-costly shampoo, luckily you only need to use it once or twice a week being medicinal.
>>
>>1099611

Make sure you are aware of the potential side effects of these meds and decide if "maybe" keeping your hair is worth it.
>>
>>1097240
>durr what is independent probability
>>
>>1099613
Yep!
Most noticeably is that both Min and Fin cause shedding at first. And that treatment isnt that expensive in the long run, a couple bucks a month. but has a decent upfront cost, as you buy multiple months worth at a time.

Minoxidil ages your skin and may speed hair growth elsewhere, as I've noticed because now I have eye bags. Some people say it makes their heart beat faster. Also if you don't clean it out good it causes a flaky buildup on your scalp, like dandruff.

Nizoral has no real side effects being a medical shampoo, other than making hair dry if you don't condition.

Finasteride though, some people say it makes their dick not work any more. Enough said!
I've noticed nothing though, and it may be because I gradually dosed myself, taking 1mg every three days, two days, and slowly building up to 1mg daily.
>>
>>1096676
It's Male Pattern Baldness

It's literally in the name, it comes from men on both sides of the family
>>
O chin chin ga daisuki nandayo
>>
>>1099629
The gene is passed down maternally smart guy
>>
the only downside iv found with shaving my head is its harder to pick up young girls. unless they have daddy issues.

other than that, bald + beard is the way to go.
>>
>>1099789
Just wear a sesame street toboggan.
>>
>>1098892
>And I don't think it's safe to just assume Elon regrew his actual hair

The guy is funding space science and ai waifus, he most likely has some umbrella tier bio lab dedicated to keeping him alive and healthy for a couple of centuries.
>>
>>1098636

Keke
>>
>>1097240

This has to be bait.
>>
>>1098647
>Plenty of nigga women on youtube talk about massaging castor oil onto your skin to promote hair growth.

Yeah, but they believe zombies are real and that sacrificing a cockerel will get them a good husband.
>>
>>1099983
Why? Going up to my great great grandfather on my mother's side, nobody was/is bald. Checking out my father's side of the family, all of the male line going back that far is. All of my male cousins (there are a bunch) over the age of 22 that share the same grandfather, along with all of their fathers, along with my grandfather's brothers and their dad/his brothers, are/were bald. You're saying ALL of their mothers had at least one X gene that carried male pattern baldness, and that every son got that particular one? That's some fucking bullshit.
>>
>>1099973

Well if anyone has Umbrella tier bio lab, I'd rather it was Musk than Trump.
>>
>>1099961

;^)
>>
>>1099995

>You're saying ALL of their mothers had at least one X gene that carried male pattern baldness, and that every son got that particular one?

Yes. But not only the sons, the daughters likely got it as well.

It's called male pattern baldness because it's the males that suffer the balding, not because the males pass it on.

You will find families with the exact same family tree structure where no-one is bald, and others where there is seemingly random baldness. This is normal.

You are aware that the odds of winning the lottery are several millions to one against, and yet people actually win, right? Are you going to call bullshit for that as well? The odds that your family is as you laid out are far more likely than anyone winning the lottery, and yet you can't accept it. Too bad.
>>
>>1096617
Are you mexican or black? Or do you like a shaved head look?

One of my customers does Scalp Micropigmentation. They basically tattoo your head with a zillion dots to make it look like you have a shaved head by choice instead of being bald.

Costs depend on what stage of baldness you have, but averages $3500.

I just realized that doesn't really help you in the realm of /diy/
>>
>>1098892

This is so ridiculous. Good luck jumping in a pool.

Women would lose hella respect for you if they knew you glued hair to your head.

Bald is fine. Still need to be good looking though.
>>
>>1099997
watching that video the way they glued the toupee on his head it looked like actual living skin with hair growing out out of it. I wonder what it would take to culture a sheet of skin that grows hair and somehow fuse it onto your scalp without cutting your head? Like just glue a large sheet of hairy skin to your head and it fuses to your body.
>>
>>1099481
>two-thirds of men go bald before they're 35
It's more like less than half. Wtf, it's like guys telling themselves a 5 inch dick is average.
>>
>>1097147
I hate to tell you, but if you're using high school science to try and understand genetics you're trying to tread water in a vortex in the ocean while yelling about what a lovely wading pool you're in. They seriously, SERIOUSLY dumb it down so far that you barely scratch the surface of human genetics in high school. Do you really think that in the millions of combinations on a single X chromosome there is ONE that says "bald dude" or "not bald dude"? It's not that simple. >>1096742 is kind of right, and so are you. It's so complicated that I'm surprised this thread is still up as a matter of fact. /Sci/ really should weigh in on this, they'd probably tear all of our redneck asses a new hole, genetically speaking, and we probably wouldn't understand much of it.
>>
>>1096623
Because you didn't do any research.

You are correct that there are really only 3 scientifically proven methods to battle balding and receding hairlines.

Propecia is a prescription drug that uses Finasteride as an active ingredient. Minoxidil (Rogaine) is an over the counter solution that you rub into your hair.

They both do entirely different things. When you go bald or start noticing a receding hairline, it isn't something that just happens. The hair doesn't just fall out and never grows again. It shrinks and gets weaker through each hair growth cycle until the follicle becomes dormant then eventually dies out.

Minoxidil fights this cycle of the follicle getting weaker and weaker. It basically thickens thinning out hair. It doesn't prevent it from continuing though. The results vary depending on how aggressive your thinning is occurring. Rogaine is really only helpful for mild thinning or balding. It won't prevent it, it just slows it down.

Propecia inhibits 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone into a powerful androgen known as dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. DHT is the evil son of a bitch responsible for hair loss.

So while Propecia prevents hair loss from ever happening, Rogaine only slows the process down.

I don't know much about hair transplants besides they start out at around $6K and go upwards to $20K, but you also have to take anti-rejection drugs for the rest of your life, which can be even more expensive than the procedure itself.

Best thing to do is if you're experiencing hair loss is to talk to your doctor about Propecia. It'll stop the hair loss. If you're thinning then maybe try some Rogaine. But you won't stop going bald until you try Propecia.

And nothing will make your hair regrow. So attack it before it's too late.
>>
Ear, nose, and don't forget the random, proud eyebrow hairs too!
I have receded some but have brown hair. Mom's oldest brothers were like that until they hit 60. Bam! Grey head. Mom and her youngest brother were grey by 30. My beard is pretty much all gray and it is working up and down.
Grey chest, arms, leg, and pubes (when I don't shave)
>>
>>1100302
My wife's brothers all started shaving their heads in their mid 20. One has some but it is pretty thin and wispy. He is going to be working on the comb over soon.
Don't ever comb over. My dad does it and it is ridiculous
>>
>>1096617
Op, my grandfather recently reached the ripe old age of 67 and is only now showing any signs of hair degradation. He claims his secret to having full hair for so long was just to thoroughly massage his scalp every day. While this isn't the most scientific claim, maybe it could work for you too.
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/
>>
>>1100372

What is "Correlation does not equal causation"
>>
My father and both my grandfathers had a full head of hair untill 65, I'm 23, on minoxidil since 20 and I will probably be shaving my whole head before 27

There is no God
>>
>>1100156
Come on mate, you need to do better than just going "lmao your dick is small and hair loss is weird" to bait people. It's about as well thought out as the "anything under 6' is short" shit on /fit/.

Anyone can just google it and see you're wrong.
>>
>>1100540
You dont get proper nutrition or blood flow through daily exercise. You fucked yourself with your NEET lifestyle.
>>
>>1100540
Look at your mom's side. It is a sex linked trait on the x chromosome.
>>
>>1100613
I won two state swimming competitions when I was about 14, and been doing kickboxing for 2 years now, hitting the gym 4 to 6 times in a week.

No, it is genetics

>>1100615
I can only assume it skipped one generation, because my grandfather died with a lot of hair, but my uncles are all bald
>>
>We haven't found a remedy for this shit yet?

Minoxidil.
>>
>>1100246

>I don't know much about hair transplants besides they start out at around $6K and go upwards to $20K, but you also have to take anti-rejection drugs for the rest of your life

What the fuck? I think that's bullshit, dude.

Hair transplants are normally transplants of YOUR OWN HAIR follicles. Not hair from some other person.
>>
>>1100808

I did minox for almost a year, saw no improvement and only gave me dry as fuck scalp with mega dandruff.

I wouldn't exactly call that a remedy.
>>
>>1097032
Might also be the combat boots, surplus jacket, bleached blue jeans and suspenders.
>>
>>1100804
No because your grandmother introduced the gene. Now you will bald like us.
>>
>>1098790
No I don't think trump got hairplugs. Hair replacement surgery was very bad back in the 80s, even for richfags like Trump.

What I think he did, was he got a partial scalp transplant. Basically they take off part of the nape of your neck and attach it to the front. It's painful and looks awful, but was probably the best option for Trump at the time. This would also explain the weird shaped hairdo.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
>>1100041
>Scalp Micropigmentation

First result in google.
>>
>>1100380
essential oils tend to have antiandrogenic effects. So basically this just means you can use peppermint oil as a nigger-rigged alternative to finasteride
>>
>>1097293
>I think extra testosterone plays a big role in people like I mentioned.
Nah, both high test and low test fags are susceptible to balding. As mentioned before, it's all in the genes.
>>
>>1101437
Minoxidil.

How do you read a study comparing its effects to Minoxidil and saying it has similar growth rates and then say "It is comparable to finasteride, an oral pill that reduces testosterone"
>>
Does Biotin help?
>>
>>1101566
There is tons off stuff that helps hair growth but nothing that stops loss is the problem

Caffeine shampoo helps growth, peppermint oil helps growth, hot pepper on the scalp helps growth, Biotin helps growth, dermarolling helps growth (This shit bleeds a lot, hence why pro wrestlers blade their forehead but people swear by it and balding forums have timelines of it helping)

Afaik the only thing that stops loss is Finasteride, and a medicated shampoo to try clear up scalp irritation, and even then there's side effects
>>
>>1101568
What about stress? Does that have any effect in this?

outside of that, one of my classmates just got baldness ontop of his left ear and only that one circular spot. It was kind of weird seeing his hair was fine but only one spot was affected. Seems like something touched that area?
>>
I paid $4000 for a 1 year plan to stop my hair loss...

Within a week, it became apparent to me that I'd rather go bald than apply shit to my scalp multiple times a day.
>>
>>1101569
Yeah stress can cause loss and usually destressing and using hair growth products helps

When I say 'nothing stops' I'm referring to MPB

>>1101572
Lol what did you buy for 4k
A years worth of Minox, Fin and Nizoral would likely be cheaper
>>
>>1101564
I'm talking about mechanism of action, retard.
>>
Some people swear by HGH for hair re-growth.
>>
Always go to the doctor to get your DHT and Test levels checked.

It could be something much more serious than MPB and there's a chance you could get some hair back if that's the case.
>>
File: baldness.jpg (1MB, 1920x3300px) Image search: [Google]
baldness.jpg
1MB, 1920x3300px
>>1096617
Found this over 4chan time ago.
>>
>>1101791
what are the high, low and average levels for DHT in males then?
>>
>>1101803
>>1101803

Again a whole bunch of malarky with nothing to back it up.

Why don't you try doing headstands also because it "drains blood to your scalp"
>>
>>1101804
Not a clue but I'm sure your doctor will know.
>>
>>1097161
My friend had cancer (passed away) and someone in our group used to call him bald. I'm not making a point or anything, just that your comment reminded me of that.
>>
>>1096617
Have you considered micropigmentation? Its a kind of hair tattoo, very popular nowadays. You have to look around, though. You cant just get this at a regular tattoo parlour, the execution is meticulous and should be done by real experts in the field.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.