[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: gg57030381.jpg (14KB, 270x194px) Image search: [Google]
gg57030381.jpg
14KB, 270x194px
I Need to build a new PC for Gaming and Graphic Design.
Seeing as I have little to no idea how to do that a friend of mine put a few parts together for me and I was wondering if I would run into any obvious problems or if any of the parts he recommended to me have better alternatives.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MvKkWX
>>
>>1095154
The parts will work together fine

>buying windows
>putting in an optical drive
Homersexual
>>
>>1095155
dont listen to thisguy

After a year w/o an optic drive there are times i wish i had one
>>
>>1095166
You can get a USB one if you truly needed it, then you could use it with your laptop (because every laptop made in the last 5 years doesnt have them either)
>>
Right off the bat the 1080 is a fucking Meme. Get the 1070, also what are you doing that requires 32 gigs of RAM.
OP I need your desired budget, and what you plan on using it for to tell you if there's a better alternative.
>>
>>1095185
Building gaymen rigs is a fucking meme

The first thing that will deprecate and get old in the build is the video card. If he has the budget to buy the 1080 then buy the fucking thing.
As for needing 32 gigs of ram?

Maybe he likes to use Google Chrome. Ram is cheap, might as well put it in.
>>
>>1095193
>Hey man can you build me a computer
>You're my friend and I know you like computers
>OH MA GAAHD I'MA BUILD YOU THE BEST COMPUTER EVER

If the guy only uses Microsoft Word and watches movies he doesn't need this much shit. Also shoving more ram in doesn't make it any faster after a point.
>>
File: IMG_20161119_151418.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161119_151418.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
Yeah, your friend is gay. Just be a normal human and buy AMD. I think it's stupid you're willing to pay so much for RAM.

Replace your savings with a liquid cooler.
>>
>>1095154
go ask a fa/g/
>>
>>1095154
i actually read "graphic design", never mind what these people say and keep your 32 gigs of ram, your going to need it if you're not only using win paint.

do you plan on overclocking? if not, you're not going to need that cooler. it wouldn't hurt to have it after a few years and you decide to overclock it though.

as far as your HD's go, why not go with 2 5TB 7200rmp western digital, sure your SSD is going to be in the express SATA port but the other 4 SATA ports can transfer at 6GB/s, why not utilize it? plus if your going to wish you had more space anyways if this is a combo work/gaming rig.

also your case only comes with 2 fans, a couple more wouldn't hurt. more fans=more air movement which means fans can run slower and won't be as noisy as 2 running at max trying to keep temps down.

i don't know what programs you will be using for graphic design, but you might be better off with a different unlocked processor with more cores and over clocking it to be above 4ghz, your air cooler would be alright for overclocking, but if you decide to push it as far as you can go your not going to want an air cooler.
>>
>>1095154
I still haven't used more then 8gb of ram with photoshop and illustrator both running with a bridged project between them.

But then again if I had a bunch of money to jerk around on a pc id put in 64gb of ram cause why the fuck not.
>>
I think the Optical drive doesnt fit in the case. I'm not sure tho
>>
>>1095154
Honestly go to reddit and post in r/buildapc. When i wanted help for my first rig i ask here first and it was just fucking rubbish. At least there you'll avoid a lot of trolls and fanboy autist shilling their favourite brands. Check out logical increments (google it) it'll give you a decent buying guide depending on your budget and has guide for assembling shit too.
>>
>>1096152
cont

if i had an unlimited budget i would go with this and overclock it, not sure if if the exact processor i picked is unlocked or not, but they probably make one if it isn't. plenty of room to upgrade down the line too.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wWmnyf
>>
>>1095154
>Gaming mobo
Kekek

>$50 CD drive
Get a used one for $5

>Buying winblows
Cmon anon
>>
>>1095154

Budget?
Graphic Student? Industry Pro? Semi-Pro?
2D? 3D?
>>
Get yourself one of them logitech "mmo mouse" things with the gajillion of thumb buttons. Bind commands in your adobe software to them.
>>
>>1096253
This is a great idea if you want to look like a retard when you aren't able to use your mouse and bindings. Like if you are applying for a job.
>>
>>1095154
Drop the windows 10 and grab windows 7. W10 is a pile of shit, home edition is fermented shit.
>>
>>1096277
>not having a prlortfolio.
>>
>>1095154
Which programs do you need? If you've got the money you'd be better off buying a mac. Most of the graphic design field uses them.
>>
>>1096253
I've never had a company demo my CAD skills during an interview.
>>
>>1095154
that's what I would've built if I had twice the budget I did when I built mine. these are very popular choices for each of the respective parts so you'll have endless support for trouble shooting. nice build.
>>
>>1096165
The case clearly has two 5.25 bays in it.
>>
>>1095154
all wrong, troll thread?
>>
>>1096540
Shouldn't someone who is a graphics designer know stuff about hardware? What graphics are you designing, clip art?
>>
>>1096152

He needs a CPU cooler though, intel isn't shipping unlocked processors with heatsinks anymore, and since air coolers are so cheap he might as well go with something good.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.