[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soundproofing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: soundproofing-studio-foam.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
soundproofing-studio-foam.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
I live in a relatively old and cheap slav building. For years I had no problems, but now suddenly I can hear from my bedroom the neighbours next door and to an extend the ones bellow (probably because there was no one there for years before now). The problem seems to mostly be coming from one of the walls. There is an electric socket on it and I pretty sure for some reason because of that the wall might be hollow from inside even though it is made by concrete, I think.

What can I do to fix that? The cheaper the better, but I might be willing to go deeper if needed.

Rebuilding the whole wall with more concrete and some soundproofing material is going to probably be the best option. Making the wall thicker is going to force me to rearrange the furniture and sadly there is not enough space for that, but I will find a way if I have to. Just putting something on the top of the wall is probably not going to be very reliable?
>>
strap niggers to the wall but dont use chains or they will sing.
>>
>>1094862
god tier
>>
>>1094862
No niggers in slavland.
>>
>>1094862
Simply Eric
>>
>>1094855
Keeping sound out gives you a lot more and possibly cheaper options than acoustic panels. Read this :
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/soundproofing.html
>>
>>1094871
That is informative especially in the thing about an empty space not being a bad thing, though it is still doubtful how thick the two sides of this empty spaces are. It doesn't change searching for cracks and possible even removing the electric sockets on both sides, which could be tricky. But it doesn't really say much about what I can put and where.
>>
>>1094885
I probably should add that I missed to mention that the problem so bad I can hear them talking and even when they are talking on the phone (talking higher) basically start understanding what exactly they are saying to the person on the other side of the phone. (this is about the neighbours on the same floor).
>>
>>1094855
These tiles are not soundproofing, they just dampen reflected sound (in the mid/high frequency) within the room.

It's the low frequency sounds that carry into other rooms and these tiles won't do anything about that.
>>
>>1094896
I just googled for a soundproofing picture. I have no idea what I should be using.
So what am else am I suppose to be using?
>>
Soundfoam is usually expensive. You should try using foam mattress covers and cut them to size.
>>
>>1094915
To kill sound you need mass to absorb the kinetic energy. I know there are such things out there, like thick, layered fibre mats, but I'm no expert.
>>
Look at cellotex acoustic insulation
>>
This site, albeit commercial, offers lots of solutions and has a blog showing effective treatments that should help you.

http://www.soundproofing.org
>>
Cover the walls in egg cartons
>>
I got some links and other half answers, but thanks to damn I can make more direct question now and hopefully get better answers.

So if decoupling, a wall that is actually two walls with space between them, is actually good thing and we consider other bad stuff like cracks and angles are fixed (more conrete and maybe some foam or something), then let me ask the following things:
How thick should the concrete parts of the decoupling wall be?
How big should the empty space be?
There should be some minimal sizes that do a good job?

Next, let's say I want to use some foam mat/s like the ones here http://www.supersoundproofingsales.com/Foam-Mat/products/17/
What is the most optimal place? Inside, where the hollow space of the decoupling would be, or inside the room/s itself? Does it do just as good of a job if it is in the room? Does it improve things if it is both inside the hollow space and the room?
Anything else that should/could be put other than the concrete walls and the foam mat?

And as a bonus a nice thick and air tight door would be good too, I guess.
>>
>>1094945
Thank you for showing your ignorance... Posted asked for soundproofing not sound diffusion.
>>
>>1094945
you were close
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex9Jj7DuTas
>>
>>1094864 Thx Cunt
>>1094866 Sorry, I guess your country is missing a vowel. I suggest an "E"
>>1094868 Thx Cunt
>>
>>1094855
Shoot your slav AK variant in the bathroom to deafen you for the night for uninterrupted sleep
>>
>>1095996

Thanks /k/
>>
>>1094919
Wtf man, that's not how you do it..
>>
>>1094855
There is very little you can do from your side of the wall and floor. In order to block the sound effectively, you would have to block it from their side.
>>
>>1096256
Whatever they're made of, mass absorbs sound. Plus the more "give" a material has, the better it can absorb sound, so solid/crystalline materials (like brick, glass, etc) don't work as well as densely packed fibres.
>>
Not a lot of serious answers. Definitely none to >>1094990 except potentially >>1096802

And so >>1096802 what do you propose to use from their side? Foam mats?
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
File: diyguide.jpg (185KB, 1217x881px) Image search: [Google]
diyguide.jpg
185KB, 1217x881px
>>1094855

You can always use this free method! Thank me later!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.