[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to reform some gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

I recently came into possession of 2 to 3 lbs of gold and want to reform it for sale. What equipment, techniques and final form would be best to use to get the best and quickest sale in its new form?
>>
what form is it currently in?
>>
>>1094711
I'm not sure if they're all going to melt at the same temperatures or combine properly if they're from various peices of jewelry and what not. Also you probably shouldn't steal peoples gold that's not cool bro.
>>
>>1094714
Flakes. In a bucket, but could be moved into anything
>>
>>1094714
The gentleman is correct when he guessed flakes and smaller nuggets.
>>
1.6 mil in a bucket was stolen last week.

....flakes

YOU MUDDERFUKCER
>>
hahahah here is the thief:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a24_1480517927
>>
File: 1477884528916.png (295KB, 644x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477884528916.png
295KB, 644x480px
>>1094726
Sauce. Nao.
>>
>>1094726
That is much more than I have, Sir.
>>
use google:

"gold flakes thief"
>>
>>1094729
Bold. 1.6 mil in gold is approx 118 lbs. OP how did you get this gold, may I ask? If naturally mined I think it would be about the same purity and therefor should melt together smoothly. There's plenty of how to on youtube.
>>
Cody's lab I YouTube has a bunch of precious metal refining videos
>>
Not that it really matters, but the gold was the result of a successful treasure hunt. Apparently, it was stolen in the 1800's and hidden but the thieves were killed and never returned to get the gold.
>>
>>1094711
give it back tyrone
>>
>>1094843
This, don't be a nigger.
>>
>>1094744
Serious? If true, thats fucking cool. Any online resources on the story?
>>
>>1094877
Unfortunately no as to report any information on the find would definitely put me in a precarious position with the taxman and other bloodsucking entities.
>>
its gold you dont need to mold it into ingots only the weight sets the price
>>
>>1094894
But because OP stole the gold (and made up this silly 'thiifs forgotit man' - story) and therefore needs to change the looks of it for resale.
>>
>>1094744
Do nothing to it... The history behind it would cause it to retail for at least triple keystone... Offer it up at a starting price for melt value, if no one takes it, than proceed to try to melt it.
>>
Where are you op? Here in Switzerland it's easy to sell but you must show id which they photocopy. You get a few percent off spot price and they test it. Showing up anywhere with a pound plus of gold looks suspicious unless you can show you are an independent jeweler or otherwise connected to gold.

If it's treasure in the form of coins they will be worth more intact. If unsigned jewellery (like cartier or Tiffany etc) melt it a pour small ingots of 50 grams or so. They will test each one and don't like large pieces as it's easy to fill with other heavy metals. I sold some 4mm bars around 50mm long and they asked me to chop them up on the spot to show it wasn't filled.

If you want a little anonymity sell to several buyers on a staggered schedule.
>>
>>1094711
Remember gold is in Troy ounces and pounds (12 Troy Oz to a pound)...
>>
>>1094711
Is this you?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/30/man-snatches-1-6m-in-gold-from-back-truck.html
>>
>>1094711
OP here. Any ideas what to do with a plastic bucket?
>>
>>1094877
Look up One Eyed Willy in Oregon somewhere.
>>
>>1094711
Are you the Florida man who wandered off with the bucket of gold?
>>
>>1094711
So you have "approximately" 2-3 lbs of gold?
I presume a lbs is a pound which is 450g. And 450g of gold is something like 15000€. I'd measure it more precisely. But again I don't dabble in stolen gold...
>>
>>1094988
Stolen gold measured in Troy oz.
>>
I would just keep it forever to be honest.

Maybe pretend to become a prospector out in the wilderness and come back every so often to sell a shitload of gold flakes you "panned for"
>>
>>1095022
Start a troll goldrush. Kek.
>>
>>1094711
I'd get some lead ingot molds from a gunsmith supply and use an oxy-propane torch to melt the gold. You can buy metal crucibles etc.

I'd get the sort that say Lyman or other brand name. Then I'd sell off the ingots slowly saying they were a gift from a deceased prepper relative or I traded collectible firearms for them. I'd get rid of all the molds etc after making all the ingots.
>>
Many good ideas here and I appreciate the input. I have found a buyer and as it turns out he does not even care about the form of the gold.

I love this great country. USA
>>
I find $50000 in precious metals all the time...

Your full of shit.
>>
>>1094711
Save it for when the bank system collapses.
>>
>>1094711
Just give it to the highest paying refinery you fucking idiot

I'm a jeweler. That's the highest and fastest you'll get paid
>>
next on DIY

why won't this pyrite melt
>>
Just out of curiosity, say if I had a small bucket of gold rings ranging from 9 to 24 carat gold. Is it worth trying to separate them all out before I melt them down or not?
>>
>>1096706

Powder them in a ball mill and add nitric acid. Cast the gold into bars and then chemically separate the silver and other allowing metals.
>>
>>1096971
yes
>>
>Live in Fairbanks, AK

I often see old men with two foot beards bring coffee cans of gold into banks and leave with tens of thousands in cash.

Go see jews at bank
>>
>>1095025
>This is objectively the best idea
>>
>>1094883
>with the taxman and other bloodsucking entities.
haha thats actually pretty funny..... Leeches, fukin leeches everywhere~!

If it ain't stolen, then go buy some labware and the correct acids to chemically melt it down and refine it to 23.999K

Just keep in mind that kikes will try to sell you bullshit like "Nuh uh, pure 24K gold doesn't exist. It would be (as flexible as) butter, and break soons you try and bend it" and try to only give you 18K spotprice. Same goes for actual 18K gold, because they mix in the 24K gold test acid with the 18K bottle, making the concentration actually around 19.5K or more so they can claim its 'less pure' than 18K ("its probably around 17.5K, but we can only give you 14K price then because its not quite 18K).

Just be expected to drive quite a ways to find a reputable (i.e. less hawkbeaked) place to sell it at, such as APMEX or some of the other bigname places.

And make damn sure you know the difference between a Troy ounce and an imperial ounce - the kikes literally came up with a different system so they can bait and switch the unknowing goyim, most places will tell you the price per oz (leaving out the word Troy), and have you figure it up as a 28g oz and think you are getting just a few cents below spot price. Best to stick with price per gram so no fuckery can take place. And do NOT accept any price than what the fuckin spot price is that day. They will give you the runaround for a few days like 'hurr I gotta feed my little trolls too, so I gotta make a little' but they are already making a fuckton because investors buy at a substantially higher price than 'buying spot'.

>>1095893
>Just send it to a refinery in a prepaid bag
>"Lost in transit" - "Our insurance can only pay out X amount (<10% actual value) bc not verified as even gold before shipped"
>"Half was only gold plated"
>[Insert other kikery here]

OP, its literally like trying to deal with a Leprechaun - its a downhill battle at every turn.
>>
>>1094711
>>
>>1094738
86 pounds.
>>
>>1097272
Damn man those fucking kikes, will they never tire of such reckless kikery?
>>
>>1094711
>it would be very easy to melt into something with a small crucible or graphite crucible. i think if you have to assay it for purity you might be dealing with some legit hazardous fumes.
>>
>>1097261
No. That's not the process. Doing that, in that particular order, will end up causing issues.

The proper steps are:
1: Inquart the gold. Inquarting is the process of creating a silver-gold alloy of 75% silver (or greater,) 25% (or less) gold.
2: Take the inquarted gold, and make it into shot by dribbling it into a water bath.
2a: Alternately, hammer it flat and cut it into tiny pieces.
3: Submerge in nitric acid, no less than 50% concentration. This will digest the silver in the alloy, leaving your gold at 97-98% purity. This should be done in a well ventilated area, preferably in a chemical reaction chamber with a fume hood.
4: Filter out the gold remains by draining the nitric acid into another container (as it is now silver nitrate.) Save for further use or refining to recover the silver. The gold will look like tiny nuggets or flakes.
6: Repeat steps 1 to 4 two more times. This is important because if you don't, then when you move on to step 7 the gold will not be recoverable from solution.

(Cont)
>>
>>1100362
(previous post, step 6 should have been labeled 5)

6: Take the gold and dissolve in aqua regia (aqua regia is a mixture of nitric and hydrochloric acids, in a 1 to 3 ratio. Make sure the concentrations of both acids are the same.) This should be done in a well ventilated area, preferably in a chemical reaction chamber with a fume hood.
7: Once the gold is digested into solution, add urea to the aqua regia to neutralize the hydrochloric acid. (Note, this ONLY neutralizes the hydrochloric acid. The nitric acid is still live and will burn the shit out of you.)
8: Add sodium metabisulfite to the precipitate the gold out of solution. The gold should actually look like a brownish-purple powder and will be as fine as dust.
9: Add your solution and precipitate into a larger container of distilled water to dilute. Slowly add more distilled water and flush. Test with pH strips until it comes up clean.
10: Filter the water through lab-grade filter papers, recovering the gold.
11: Melt the gold into a button, and then sell to someone.

If you do this shit right, you should get gold that's .999 or better. Then again, if you half-ass it, you're likely to lose your gold. For instance, if there's still silver in the gold, if you add it to the aqua regia, you will not be able to release it again because it will create silver chlorate that will inhibit the sodium metabisulfite from combining with the nitric acid, releasing the gold from solution.

Or, you can just take whatever shit you have, melt it into a lump, and take it to a broker who will scratch test it and pay you out.
>>
>>1100364
I love /diy/
>>
>>1100364
yeah like your going to trick me into making crystals you fucking dumbshit
>>
>>1100364
You messed up so many things that i dont know where to start
>>
>>1102169
So, you're saying that the TL;DR version of CM Hoke's book is wrong? Sorry, but I don't have a spot to post all 300 pages.
>>
Alright, this here's a hold up!

Gimme all your gold, fagtrons!
>>
>>1095758
idk why people do this. honestly you cant use it for shit and its essentially useless. its not a bullet or a item of clothing. if someones starving there gonna take a roll of bread instead of a gold bar. Gold is only valuable because the way they manipulate it
>>
>>1103920
The Jews collect it so they can give it to the reptile aliens for their spaceships. If the Jew has enough gold he won't get killed by mortality.
>>
File: index.jpg (17KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
17KB, 276x182px
this is what you need just look up blue smelter
>>
>>1104029
That's a piece of shit. Get a graphite crucible, get a graphite mold, get a MAPP gas torch. Done.
>>
>>1097265
>Live in Wrangell, AK

How's Fairbanks man? Wrangell is too small for me. But I love Alaska too much to leave.

Dog died yesterday, no one I care for much here. Want a fresh start.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.