[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

This caught my eye and I'd love for it to be bluetooth and I don't need to LED display. Anyone know where to start reading/get started?

http://makezine.com/2011/02/06/how-to-fingertip-heart-rate-monitor/
>>
I'd recommend using an Arduino and a breadboard to make a prototype first. Get yourself aquainted with the parts and the circuitry.
Once you get that working, you can always turn it into a single piece circuit board. It will require at least some electronics and programming experience though. Maybe start off with a few simple circuits and work your way up from there?
>>
>>1094348
Separate the project into functional units.
Figure out what you need for each unit.
Figure out how to put them all together.

So you have this heartbeat counter from a project. You want to add bluetooth which means both a sender and a receiver.

Getting data from the monitor over to your bluetooth unit should be trivial.

You'll need a bluetooth module for the sender, some coding for controlling it.

Something will need to receive it too. I'll assume whatever app on a mobile which I'm not familiar with.

So now you need to figure out the protocol to connect the data flow. Maybe there's some standardized one for heartrate monitors, dunno.

At this point you should have it all.
>>
I used that project as a basis for a more complicated wrist mounted heart rate sensor.

How low level do you want to go?

Do you wish to copy that project exactly and just add bluetooth to it? Or are there modifications desired?

It's very well documented. Just collect the components, breadboard it, and watch it go. Connecting a bluetooth module to the PIC16F they used is trivial and then you just need to setup your host device to display the data calculated by the PIC.
>>
>>1094487
http://embedded-lab.com/blog/heart-rate-measurement-from-fingertip/

documentation complete with circuit and exact components
>>
>>1094348
Do you think he'll get an email /diy/?

How are people this dumb? What does he expect to receive in his email inbox? a link to the article?
>>
>>1094505
I think he wants an instrutables like step-by-step hand holding tutorial as opposed to the well written article he commented on.
>>
I want a heart rate tracker than can just put data on my phone (G4 plus), as low level as it needs to be really.but thanks guys!
>>
>>1094914
What skills do you have?

I hate being a buyfag but have you considered a $20 fitbit or something?
>>
>>1095249
I've done a bit of soldering, but also got family which are mechanics so they can help where needed, considered it but heart the HRM isn't accurate and this would be a fun project
>>
>>1095285
The hardest part will be form factor. Then getting it to last all day without the battery running out. The design in that article is not optimized for power.

It wouldn't hurt to get an oscilloscope and a power supply to debug the circuit. This project is a fantastic opportunity to learn about signal conditioning and transduction. However might be a bit too much for someone who hasn't dipped their toes into electronics before.
>>
>>1095285
There's a reason most fitness trackers don't have very good fart rate monitors. It's because it quite difficult to get reliable readings from a sensor that is connected to your wrist while being comfortable enough to wear all day.

But if you really must, the nrf52 is a nifty little BTLE SoC that has ready made heart rate example software, and an accompanying app. It's not Arduino easy to set up but the technology will be much closer to what current fitness trackers are using.
>>
>>1094348
Just put that into a suitcase and you're all set for your paradise with virgins
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.