[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

computer build - need help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tower.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tower.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
hey guys,
this is my first time building a computer and i want to be sure that i have all of the parts right.

here's the link to all of the parts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hHFjZ8

i'm pretty sure all of these parts are compatible with eachother, but i half-assed the dimensions. does anyone have any online tools that they use to put builds like this together? and do you think this build is doable?
>>
Those are all compatible, you shouldn't have any issues. I would definitely add an SSD.
>>
are all compatible, though I don't think 650 W is needed, 550 W will do it unless you plan to add another graphic card, which would be possible with that mainboard
>>
>>1094062
Power supplies are most efficient when you draw about half of their max rated load. Nothing wrong with over specing one.
>>
>>1094069
>>1094062
All that matters is that you get a quality power supply that won't chink you and burn down your house.
>>
>>1094069
>
what do you mean by most efficient?

power efficiency, meaning Wattsinn/Wattsout, you'll find they are most effective at about 90% load. at least that's the rule of thumb for SMPSU.

if you mean most efficient in terms of maximizing lifetime, then you might be on to something.
>>
File: 1445828313010.jpg (89KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
1445828313010.jpg
89KB, 640x434px
>>1094053
>>/g/
I would remove that cooler unless you plan on doing some overclocking, otherwise the stock cooler will work just fine for you. You may want to add an SSD along with that hard drive just to store your OS and program files on. Windows 10 is a botnet so unless you have something that requires Windows 10 I'd switch to 7 because it doesn't have NSA 'telemetry'
>>
My build is like yours, very scary. I would upgrade the motherboard to the pro gaming one for $10 more

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8rvZxr/asus-z170-pro-gamingaura-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z170-pro-gamingaura
>>
>>1094785
>I'd switch to 7 because it doesn't have NSA 'telemetry'

Yes keep believing this goy.
>>
>>1096662
There is no denying that 7 has a lot less data mining telemetry than 10 does.

You really shouldnt be using windows anyways
>>
>>1094264
I agree with whoever said get a larger PSU. I've been building rigs for over 17 years and even when a 250 watt PSU was too much I'd go ahead and order them a 400 watt PSU when that was the best thing possible. Also don't go for the bronze rated PSUs. Get the absolute best you can get and I'd say to get a 750 or 900+ just because. It's like saying the CPU is the engine but it needs oil and fuel, If you put shitty fuel and oil into your car it's going to have a higher chance of failing very very early on. I've had multiple clients trying to save 20$ on a cheaper bronze 450 watt PSU by rosewill or some shitty brand like Hercules then getting mad when their 600$ rig gets fried then theyre complaining because their PSU didn't have any short protection or anything. Never skimp out on the PSU.
>>
>>1096690
Also a larger PSU because if you start adding fans and other components and all of a sudden your system doesn't turn on you'll appreciate having paid 20-50$ more now than having to buy a whole new PSU for 150$+ when time comes for an upgrade. Also higher end PSUs are so much more modular and allow for tons of expansion
>>
Don't buy radeon graphic card and will be cool
>>
>>1094785
>I would remove that cooler unless you plan on doing some overclocking, otherwise the stock cooler will work just fine for you.

Depends on the stock cooler. The stock fan mine came with was loud as a banshee. $20 simply for noise reduction was worth it to me.

Agree about SSD though. They're too cheap nowadays to not include in a desktop build.
>>
>>1096712
Nvidia drivers have become absolute shit tier over the last year or so. Not only that they have long gimped their cards artificially with drivers when their new cards come out.
You have to sign up and have an account to even use half of their software now.

You are paying more, but you arent getting better performance or a better experience.
>>
>>1097300
At least I'm getting the geforce™ experience®
>>
How hard is it to build custom laptops, as opposed to just buying configured ones?
>>
>>1094785
>Switch to 7
You can only pirate 7.
>>
everything is compatible from what I can see. Go for it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.