[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I would like to cover my apartment's windows with blinds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (40KB, 1520x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40KB, 1520x474px
Hi,
I would like to cover my apartment's windows with blinds. Pic related. Not to exact scale, but numbers are legit.
My question is, how would you go about installing the bars that the blinds will hang from?
The wall is very wide. Can't mount it inside the windows because there's not enough "depth". The only way I think it will work is by dividing the whole thing into three medium sized blind structures and attaching them to the ceiling somehow. Any suggestions how to approach this and what materials to get?
>>
what the fuck kind of apartment is this, windows with door in the fucking middle with no blinds

you need to move out, that shit of a place is obviously not for living in
>>
File: 1480874479390a.png (8KB, 540x259px) Image search: [Google]
1480874479390a.png
8KB, 540x259px
>>1093936
What length is A B, and C? Naturally, I am referring to the space between the moving parts.
Why can't you use normal blinds with the cheapest bog standard IKEA pole and mounting brackets?
>>
>>1093936
Do you want blinds or curtains?
>>
you can get these I-Beam curtain rods at Walmart cheap. they can mount against the wall, close or far, or screw into the ceiling. depends on the brackets you choose. also, they can be strung in series with a special adapter thingy, so you can use one wide curtain panel for everything, or three thinner panels, all of which can slide all the way to the left wall or the right wall. very flexible, and they make a pleasant sound when you slide the panels.
>>
>>1093936
>I would like to cover my apartment's windows with blinds
>>1094102
>blinds or curtains?

blind:
noun
a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.

curtain:
noun
a hanging piece of fabric used to shut out the light from a window, adorn a room, increase privacy, etc.

drape:
noun
a curtain or hanging of heavy fabric and usually considerable length, especially either of a pair for covering a window and drawn open and shut horizontally.
>>
File: 1480992644953.jpg (80KB, 960x406px) Image search: [Google]
1480992644953.jpg
80KB, 960x406px
>>1093936
It seems that you live in a store. In which I suggest that you instead start a business. Make some money and get a real apartment. For information on starting a business
>>>/biz/
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.