[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekend To Do List

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1924.jpg (697KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1924.jpg
697KB, 2048x2048px
What did you guys and are you guys hoping to get done this weekend?

I'm turning this unused half bath right near my entryway into a sort of tiny mudroom. Tomorrow I'm gonna put up some shelving and finish up some minor details.
>>
Your reducing the value of your house.

Why would you remove a bathroom. Even if little used?
>>
>>1093901
I am removing a whole bedroom to make my master bigger. Some friends are like bu-bu-but your home value.

Fuck my home value. Thank god its going down, less taxes.
>>
File: 1479956515686.png (410KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1479956515686.png
410KB, 532x582px
>>1093913
if you plan to live there for a long time then go ahead and make it as comfy as possible OP
>>
>>1093901
The thing is it wasn't even 'little used', it was completely unused. It's right at the entryway, and it's in the kitchen. It's just my girlfriend and I living there and we have a bathroom in our bedroom. My girlfriend wanted it gone because she thought a toilet so close to the kitchen was disgusting.
>>
So now it's an awkward walk in closet at the front of the house? And you're taking down a wall to make a room bigger instead of bumping walls out?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but whatever. Your taxes won't make up for the lower value of the house, or cover the cost to do these projects over the next 10 years.
>>
i installed this yesterday.

making me nice and comfy while playing ff15
>>
>>1093934
The guy with the bedroom talking about taxes and shit isn't me, the OP. This project cost me less than a hundred dollars. The space might as well have not been there. Awkward closet? You walk in, hang your coat, sit the fuck down on the bench and take your shoes off, and put them in the shoe rack. I guess I just don't see the awkwardness in it. No plans on leaving this house for the foreseeable future. All the fittings and everything are still there, wouldn't take much to switch it back, if the value difference was that big. The bathroom would have needed an update anyways.
>>
>>1093948
8/10. Needs to be finished but looking good so far. -2 for the exposed frame under the tilework.
>>
>>1093948
>fire extinguisher
kek
>>
>>1093948
Tile the wall behind it, add some wood trim around the base, and it'll be a 10/10 with an animal skin rug to cozy up with doggo on a cold winter night.
>>
>>1093783
1. clean ash from wood stove
2. build new desk in basement
3. search for and purchase 4x monitor mount stand/4x active DP cables, 2x 2 port DP low profile graphics cards
4. start burning stump and remaining vegetation in back yard from downed trees
5. start cutting downed tree in top yard into 2ft rounds and move to wood pile to dry
6. clean dog shit on back porch
7. cover swamp cooler w/ insulation and tarp
8. start splitting new oak and pile to dry
9. split the dryish pine to replenish wood supply
10. sharpen chainsaw

oh man theres so much shit i have to do. thanks for remining me that it's sunday /diy/.
>>
>>1093953
I'm kind of with you on this one OP. I've seen bathrooms situated in this general location and they only reason I can see for it is so the plumbing will be a little cheaper since it's close to the kitchen plumbing. I think your gf is right (kind of) too, it's odd to have a toilet that close to a kitchen. And like you said, if all the fixture attachments are still in place, you're good to go whether you're staying for years, or just a couple of months.
>>
I had plans to build a forge out of a 5 gallon airtank but plans change and now I'm in the hospital.

But it should be no problem to do i have evrything i need, just gotta find the time now.
>>
Held an introductory sewing workshop. Was very fun.
>>
>>1093783
I work weekends, so my "weekend" officially starts as of now.

my list revolves around my 1984 Vespa PXEFL which i've been working on most of the past 5 months.
So far i've stripped it down completely, found out its got a 1963 150GL engine and not the PX125efl i was told it had when i bought it.I've replaced every seal, gasket and bearing. upgraded the final drive cogs to Mk1 T5 rings. opened up from 3 port to 5 port induction. lightened, ported, polusged and balanced the crankshaft, lightened and balanced the flywheel. changed from a standardish carb to a 32mm de'l orto with vortex. swapped the clutch for a webassco competition clutch and swapped the Ken Cobbing sports exhaust to a Simonini race tuned pipe.

all in all the engine is just about Stage 4 tuned, 5 and 6 are really only for full on race machines.

this weekends jobs involve electrics.
1 replace full wiring loom
2 replace ignition coil for a Ducati pack
3 wire up headlights and add extra spur for driving lamps
4 reroute horn wiring and hook it up
5 replace centre stand with heavy duty one
6 wire up the catseye tail/brake light
7 swap over standard fuel tank for long range one, re plumb fuel line
8 put the saddle and pad/tray back on
9 add grip tape to floorboards
10 start it up and take it for a ride in the crisp winter air
>>
>>1094049

Way to go. I was going to fix the leaks in my wife's caravan's headlights. But '12 caravans require the bumper to be removed to remove headlight assembly.
>>
>>1093901
>muh home value
I'm 67 years old and retired, I couldn't give a Fuck about my home value. I plan on dying in this house, and frankly, it's less money my children have to pay on it after I die.
>>
>>1094075
Just pour a bottle of radiator stopleak in next time you top off the headlight fluid reservoir. It'll save you a ton of effort and time.
>>
I rearranged my bedroom to give me more useable space.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.