[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got redirected from /adv/ to you guys and I wanted to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

So I got redirected from /adv/ to you guys and I wanted to ask about stonemasonry.
Is it something you can learn and practice by your own or do you need an apprenticeship?
I could start an apprenticeship, but I'm in my mid twenties and in university, but still it's something I'd love to do.
Is starting an apprenticeship then worth it, even if it takes me 3 years and shitty pay?

I know the pay afterwards is probably shit too.

Maybe somebody here is a stonemason and could help me out on this?

Thanks
>>
Buy some tools, grab some rocks, AND FUCKING PRACTICE.

Apprenticeships will get you used as a clerk, coffeemaker, and errand boy.

When you want to go big, buy a concrete chainsaw and carve out pillars or obelisks for you to work on.
>>
>>1093602
Years ago I took a college course called Heritage Carpentry and Millwork...we learned ho to build windows and doors, fancy staircases and shit...70% of the class had a university degree...and quite obviously hated what they had been doing...
>>
>>1093605
Fuck yeah , I'd like to but I live in a big city , not sure where I could do that without somebody telling me to be quiet and stop hammering . Also it's winter rn in my place , so it's cold outside too.
Maybe my big balcony , I live on top floor and it's not possible to see me on the balcony.

Any ideas how and where to start ?

>>1093620
Yea, I can see myself part of these people , it's just we're being left quite alone in our school regarding future options, so most people don't know what they actually like doing and just pick sth random from university/collegee, only to find out much later that its actually very important to do what you really like instead of something somebody told you to do.
It's just that trade can also be hard as fuck as well as unhealthy and in the current globalized world with this technological advance you don't even know if your job you learned will still be there. Adding to that in trade you have to increasingly compete with immigrants who do the same but much cheaper .
>Inb4 somebody mentions the wall
>>
>>1093602

Become a mason and then specialize.

Masonry is a physically tough. They're always the toughest guys on the job site. Every trade gets shelter at some point from the elements on the job site - except masons. They're tough as balls.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.