[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airsoft Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hi DIY! Guy from /k/ here.
To preface, I know the rules, and this isn't a weapon, it is a toy, used purely for fun and reenactment.

I'm involved in Russian airsoft reenactment with some good buddies of mine and wanted something unique. I've designed an airsoft RPG-7 to be used with foam rockets that can either simply be foam or to detonate with a sort of timed pyrotechnic to emit smoke or to fling BB's all over and tag players out.

Recently an admin of a facebook page I follow created pic related- a working AN-94 with a reciprocating barrel. I was wondering if anyone here has ever done the same thing, anything similar, or knew anyone that has.

Thanks for viewing, I'm glad for any help or feedback. Just ask about the design if you're curious, I used to have several pages of design notes, but lost them in binders for this semester. I did memorize all the details however.
>>
Please tell me about the design
>>
>>1093530
Blog post?
>>
>>1093575
A tube, with a wooden shielding segment in the rear to imitate the real one, a strengthened tubing segment for cosmetic reasons around the handguards. Uses 40mm CO2 grenades, press-fitted to a hard-cored re-usable rocket that has a plastic fitting in the shape of the 40mm grenade's head on the back. Uses a normal trigger/striker mechanism. Current ones only use this, but the 40mm grenade just flings BB's everywhere. This one would fire rockets. Originally I thought of several other ideas on how to make the machine cock and lock, but the current system- where a trigger mechanism is in the handguard, and a hammer is behind it, would work well enough to pull a segment of tensioned steel with a hammer on it, or with use of a small leaf spring. It's mostly a retrofit of existing launchers, yet it also isn't, as the rocket system is the largest change with everything. I currently don't have enough money to create the project, and was asking about feasibility.
>>
>>1093695
And the AN?
>>
>>1093834
I didn't build it- however from updates and questions to the maker, he used a 3D printer for the muzzle brake, handguard, reciever, and even the dust cover. The guy is a wizard with this shit. Used a MOSFET and a modified EBB system for the barrel reciprocation.
>>
>>1093997
Very groovy, baby

Please post any updates about it if you can, such as a video if there ever is one.

The RPG sounds nice too, are there pics?
>>
>>1094066
Not yet made one. I can link you the Facebook page and the video however. Give me a bit. Working on several papers.
>>
>>1094098
Clarification- No data other than theory on the RPG, but the AN vids will come soon.
>>
File: 1479956776781.jpg (40KB, 497x604px) Image search: [Google]
1479956776781.jpg
40KB, 497x604px
>>1094098
>>1094100
Alright thanks
>>
>>1093530
What's with the sand nigger scarf?
>>
File: Nathan-Drake-Uncharted3.jpg (58KB, 509x659px) Image search: [Google]
Nathan-Drake-Uncharted3.jpg
58KB, 509x659px
>>1094801

It's called a shemagh, and soldiers use it to defend themselves from the elements in desert applications.
>>
>>1093530
RR?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.