[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hard soles on boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: p_12110_120_Alternate4.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
p_12110_120_Alternate4.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
I have these really old boots I haven't worn in a while. The rubber soles have become too hard. It is loud whenever I walk in them. Google says that I need to remove the whole sole and replace it. I was wondering if there was an easier way to soften the soles. Are there chemicals that I can use to make the soles softer?
>>
Rubber is one of those materials that when it has deteriorated. That's pretty much it, without a recycling process.
>>
That rubber has gone through a chemical reaction of oxidizing and cross linking the polymer chains losing it's pliability permanently.

So basically you can't do anything about the hard soles beside replace them.
>>
>>1092619
>>1092633
we meet again entropy.
>>
>>1092616
Get a cake pan of deisle fuel. Set them in it NOT over sole high.

In a few days u will have a smells af soft soul.

Used to work ina Oilfield lad.

Noththing softens em up like the shit they made of.

Buy new boots.

Moccasins the next day cause *Muh 120 degree crude oil slime covered slip and slide walking surface."
>>
This seems like a good place for a boot thread.
Boot thread go.
I'm a CNC monkey, and because my coworkers are all lazy pieces of shit, I'm walking in metal chips all day.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently wearing through a pair of boots about every 4 months. Doesn't seem to matter what they cost, 70 dollars or 200. 4 months. Any suggestions? Is it possible to get gookshit leather workboots resoled?
>>
>>1092616
Work in a shoe repair. No, if you'll end up ruining the outsole and the midsole too trying to soften them with various chemicals. New, lower density sole(soft), is the only way. Tell this to the shoe repair you go to before, so they don't add another high density(hard sole), jew you, and charge you to remove it/add a new one.
>>
>>1092757
Don't both with resoling chink shit. The upper will fall apart and you'll have wasted money fix the outsole.
Invest in a good work boot.

Nitrile outsoles will wear the longest. It's a dense as a rock, slip-resistant, oil and chemical resistant, crack resisting, heat resistant to 300C, etc. The three downfalls are:

They are extremely hard, invest in a cushioned insole. Boots that have them are expensive. Check Steelblue boots. Lastly, You cannot resole them, they are far to dense to cut, we've tried everything at our shop.

I wouldn't worry about the last one though, they wear for a very long time.
>>
>>1093648

I've never met a cobbler before. I thought you guys only existed in 19th century children's novels.
>>
Spray it with flex seal. The stuff is super tough and, for me, absorbs impact and provides good traction.
>>
>>1093655
Medical field for Pedorthics use them all day, everyday. If you're good, you'll find lucrative medical contracts.
>>
>>1093655

If you had purchased shoes worth fixing instead of replacing, you'd be more familiar.
>>
>>1093654
Thanks tons, guy.
I'll look into it. My work is willing to pay as long as I stop calling in with trenchfoot from the coolant getting in my boots.
>>
>>1092757
>>1092755

>>1093648
BASED comment.

>>1093678
Even more BASED. I've purchased the following for work in chemical plants ... in chronological order:
1. Doc Martens - shit tier $140.
2. Walmart Redwing-like - mid tier $40.
3. Nautilus - mid tier $90.
4. Georgia Boot - mid to upper tier $160.

I don't know where to go next. Timberlands and RedWing are popular but look like I'm going to work at a Ford factory in 1965.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.