[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

data scrape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hi, /diy/. This is a misfit shine. Basically a knock off fitbit. This watch is a fitness tracker that can detect when you're asleep and when you're awake. I want to build a coffee maker that'll start when I wake up as the watch indicates. I'll send the data to my phone then to a pi zero where it'll begin the coffee process. I'm having trouble figuring out how to go about scraping the data off the watch to the pi, you see. Could you point me in the right direction?
tl;dr How to scrape data off app to be used by another?
>>
>>1092091
Shameless bump. Anyone point me in the right direction if I can't get an answer here?
>>
ifttt, but I think the app for that thing is probably slow to update and shitty enough that you'll have to run it through another app to get something ifttt will be able to read, rending this whole thing useless.
>>
>>1092102
It syncs when I ask it to, so I could script it to do so every 10 mins or so.
>>
Why don't you just wire a fucking bigass button your slap when you wake up to the pi
>>
...what happens when you wake up to pee in the middle of the night?
>>
>>1092091
>not having the coffee maker on your nightstand
>not wiring your snooze button to be the on button for the coffee maker
>not wanting the smell of coffee to magically summon you from your bed
Even if you accidentally spill coffee all over yourself because you're too asleep to pour coffee while you're laying down, you will be woken up by the scalding sensation, which is the point anyway.

>>1092152
Also this. Your plan is fucked OP.
>>
Why don't you just set the coffee maker to start at the same time every morning? I have mine set up to start at 6 a.m. everyday and it is done before I leave for work.
>>
You do know most decent coffee makers have a built in automatic turn on op right?
>>
>>1092091
Coffee maker. Shove her out of bed 15 minutes before you get up.
>>
>>1092156
this is even assuming the sleep tracker in that is accurate (It's not)
>>
File: CxpIySTXAAA-rrf.jpg (16KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
CxpIySTXAAA-rrf.jpg
16KB, 400x285px
>>1092150
This. And it makes me want to make one for myself. FUCKING COFFEE BUTTON!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.