[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY boxing gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So I'm looking to make some DIY boxing gear. Mainly the wall mounted uppercut bag in the picture. I recently deconstructed a leather sofa so I have the stuffing and leather from that to use on this. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to go about making this?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>1092035

i dont think foam would be dense enough to take a good punch? unless you can fold and wrap it easily sometime.
would sand be better or maybe a combination of the two?
also, how are your sewing skills?
>>
In a gym I used to go, they had tyres mounted perpendiculary to the wall for uppercut training. I don't know, maybe you can check out the idea
>>
>>1092435
how long were you in prison for?
>>
>>1092503
It's 3rd world, so I guess the life style of a 1st world country prison, would be kinda similar.
Anyway, they had this bars attached to the wall that were holding the tyre. I guess that if you knot them really hard a rope would do.
We used the tyre for knees and uppercuts. For knees, keep in mind that you are going to get a rash on them, and for your hands, boxing gloves is a must to.
>>
>>1092352
Most punching bags are filled with cloth scraps, it gives you density but you won't break your hands on it.

So,remove buttons,zippers and such from a pile of old cloths and pack them in tightly, after using it a while you may want to add more, remove some or just fluff it up again, so leave some way to access it.
>>
Just use a bunch of old tshirts that you cut up. NOT stuffing from a pillow or the sofa; it needs to be denser than that.
>>
>>1092035
Cut patterns for each plate allow a 1/2 seam allowance and sew with a commercial dual walking foot machine stuff with cloth
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.