[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sculpting table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: DCS.jpg (193KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
DCS.jpg
193KB, 500x596px
at which angle do i cut the plank marked in red ?
>>
>>
what is the thickness of the support board ( the board you need the angle for)
>>
>>1091468
same
6 and 3 cm
>>
>>1091466
45 is for 4 legs i think
>>
>>1091464
its a triangle
360 divided by 3 will give you your angles
divide the answer by 2 to split each angle evenly.

60 degrees
>>
>>1091464
It's more complex because the don't meet the legs perpendicularly. Draw it out on paper and calculate it.
>>
>>1091488
this

can confirm, i am a triangle
>>
SOH CAH TOA

cos theta = adjacent over hypotenuse

In this case the adjacent is the thickness of support, the hypotenuse is the length of the leg face it's joined to.

cos theta = 3/6 = .5

arc cos(.5) to get angle = 60 degrees as someone else mentioned.
>>
>>1091488
360 is s circle. Dividing by 2 spared you from looking like a retard.
>>
Have you tried asking /sci/? They are good at math.
>>
>>1091503
will do
i think it's 60 as mentioned here
thanks
>>
>>1091496
He was right though.
>>
>>1091496
No. Full circle (360) divided by number of sides ( 3 in this case but could any whole number) to find the angle of the shape needef to close the circle. Divided by 2 ( for each of the cuts that make up the angle)

Here is that same formula for a square.

360/4 =90
90/2 = 45
To make a square i need to cut a 45 degree angle on each of my pieces .

Or how about a 60 sided shape.

360/60 =6
6/2 =3
I need to cut every angle at 3° and i will have a sixty sided polygon ( hexacontagon)
>>
>>1091496
I'm embarrassed for you.

>>1091567
this.
the cuts are 60 compounded with the vertical angle, whatever that might be.
>>
>>1091574
Not really. The 3 angles that make up a triangle are 180 degrees. Your just adding extra steps.
>>
>>1091464
Compound cut
Need more info
>>
File: natural-tree-stump-side-table-c.jpg (21KB, 523x523px) Image search: [Google]
natural-tree-stump-side-table-c.jpg
21KB, 523x523px
>>1091488
This, the final answer is 30º, you have three legs (60º corners), but 6 planks, each corner has two planks, therefore 60º/2 --> 3*2*30=360º.
The width and girth of the legs is useless, as using any other angle would be incorrect, therefore you're forced to use a 30º angle where the plank meets the leg.

If OP can't figure that out I've got a better design.
>>
>>1091608
hate how those split when they dry. fucking nature.
>>
File: LadyCalculatorHR.jpg (359KB, 669x1600px) Image search: [Google]
LadyCalculatorHR.jpg
359KB, 669x1600px
It might be more /sci/ but we should have an equations general. Often I find it hard to phrase a google search to get helpful results
>>
>>1091766
We have /sqt/ for questions like that, and /sci/ if you don't get an answer.

Generals are fucking cancer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.