[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuse Box Tap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Outlet.png (61KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Outlet.png
61KB, 1152x648px
I don't know if this is possible, but I am looking for a product that allows you to tap into a fuse box to access power (like the lighting outlet tap in the picture).

I live in an apartment and need to supply power to the closet that houses the fuse box. This closet has no outlets. I am only looking to power something a few hundred watts or so.

Thanks.
>>
>>1090979
Growing drugs in the closet huh?
>>
You can buy sockets made for fuse boxes...
>>
>>1090986
Actually, due to limited space I wanted to put my networking hardware in there. Due to the age of the building Ethernet isn't wired into the concrete walls so I am opting to use all wireless despite the disadvantages. I just need enough power for a modem and router. The coax enters the unit in this closet so if I could tap into the box I could avoid a trail of wires through the apartment.
>>
>>1090987
I like this however because this is a rental unit I do not have access to the power shut off for the floor to install something like this.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 318x159px
>>1090987
This is what my box looks like but in a small 1 meter wide closet.
>>
No. You'd have to access the inside of the box and install an outlet.
The fuse socket is in series with the load(plug in's).
>>
>>1090979
I can follow the thought process here - but, this is isn't a great idea (when not completely illegal) for a bunch of reasons. You could make an adapter, problem, the fuse should (must..) be first in line, otherwise, your socket is unfused=not good, just going to take out something bigger downline by trip, shared house? stress.

Tapping into a fuse box to access power is, more or less, what they are for, problem being, youd be easier/safer doing it properly, take a line out _after_ a fuse, wiring points are at the back of the fuseholder, run this out of the box and add a socket - if you cant switch off the power but?, you fucked.

But, your idea of a screw-in combi-fuse/socket is, while ingenous, probably non-existent (and illegal) irl, least, I never seen one - your pic related is for using light fittings as a socket, which is also stupid but has the benefit of being already fused, altho seldom earthed. And if your box looks like second pic, you couldnt shut the door again either ;) Alternative, find nearest socket and wire backwards / extension cable - you do not need 'a few hundred watts' for a fucking router/modem either, tbqh. Everyones entitled to switch their power off when needed, pick a good time, give notice, have a mate standing there to make sure no one switches it back on, add socket properly from fused line, done.
>>
>>1090979
No.
>>
>>1091019
Thank you for your detailed answer. This is a rental unit so I can't install anything into the box myself, instead I just wanted to tap power from it in a non permanent manner. I also do everything legally and safely so armed with the information you have given me I will just have to wire the coax elsewhere unfortunately. Thank You
>>
Is there a light in the closet?
>>
>>1090979
>I am looking for a product that allows you to tap into a fuse box to access power
>I do not have access to the power shut off

seems to be a fault in your logic there
>>
>>1090979
Ok well everyone's being kind of a downer around here?
In theory its possible, do you have a fitting and socket to cobble together essentially a fuse extension lead?
Then nothing will stop you electricity.

Except you said you stay in an apartment. So when it fucks up and the place burns down and the firefighter finds your cobbled together piece of shit caused the fire because you didn't really know what you were doing then you are seriously fucked. Like lube up your butthole because its about to be reamed out until it resembles a clowns pocket.

The question isn't 'can i', because if you think its reasonable enough to ask then the answer is probably yes. The question really is "should I" which is the opposite, if you feel you have to seek permission then is probably a stupid idea.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.