[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a gay Fireplace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 19

Ask a guy who just made a $39 Fireplace any question.

Please, only dumb questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaDu6lGETII&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>1090817
Have you started getting headaches from the zinc fumes yet?
>>
File: IMG_0790.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0790.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1090817
what it looks like.
>>
File: IMG_0782.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0782.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>1090818

No, that's why I did a burn in outside.
>>
>>1090821
And you think one burn gets rid of all of it?

Also, do you know the difference between a fireplace and a wood burning stove?
>>
File: IMG_0771.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0771.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1090818
I leveled it before the concrete.
>>
>>1090822
>>1090822
>Also, do you know the difference between a fireplace and a wood burning stove?
I don't, tell me.

I'm not using it as a heater, I'm using it to get rid of moisture in the dome's.
>>
File: IMG_0766.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0766.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>1090824
How tall it is. About 7' 8".
>>
>>1090824
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireplace
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood-burning_stove

Enjoy the zinc poisoning.
>>
>>1090827
You're wrong about the zinc. I burned it off.

I did investigate it.
>>
Post pics of it inside your home, how comfy is it to jerk off next to a wood burning fireplace?
>>
>>1091069
If you "burned it off," why is it still plated?
>>
>>1091069
>>1091080
Unless you saw it physically peeling off, the entire zinc layer is still there, not to mention the zinc/iron alloy layer below it.
>>
>>1091118
I'll look into this more.
>>
>>1091147
It's too late, moron.
>>
I wonder if the increased frog posting is due to zinc fume inhalation.
>>
>>1091160

It's all OK. Go back to jacking off to cartoons.
>>
>>1091163
>>
>>1090817
I used to give you a really hard time wayne, but youve won me over.
I like it and I like your threads
>>
>>1091165
You were right next to it, and there was plenty of zinc still on it. You fucked up, and you should see a doctor and not fuck with things you know nothing about.
>>
>>1091166
>>1091165
Heavy metal poisoning is really fucking bad. With that said it takes a decent amount of huffing to get it and since you are outside youll be fine.

Ignore the naysayers.

>>1091170
He will know if he got it or not, and there is nothing a doctor can do.
If he feels like he has the worst flu of his life, then he has it. If he feels fine then he didnt. Simple as that, the onset of symptoms is almost immediate
>>
>>1090817
Sucks to hear about the condensation in your dome.
You are right, you should add a vent.

You should vent it like a camping tent.
Cut vents in the top and put a tarp or something over it to create a rainfly

Do you have any plans other than the moat to put a floor in it or something?
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1091175
>You should vent it like a camping tent.

I built this vent into it.
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1091264
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>1091171

I'm not going to use the heater as a heater for comfort. I'm just going to turn it on to bake out the moisture.

I'm going to do another good outside burn tonight and see what it looks like in the AM.
>>
Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/galvanized metal

Advertisement

Expert: Robert Tipton, CSP - 6/3/2010

Question
QUESTION: Would it be safe to use a galvanized steel ring (36" diameter/ 8" height) as an outdoor fire ring for casual burning and evening camp fires? I am concerned about the toxicity of the galvanized metal under the heat/fire conditions of a fire pit. Thanks.

ANSWER: Arthur,
Great question! Galvanized metal is steel or iron hot dipped into zinc. Galvanizing is simply a coating of zinc over steel. Like paint, zinc protects the steel from rusting by forming a barrier between the steel and the environment. It also provides an electrochemical protection of the steel. Since zinc is more electrochemically reactive than steel, it oxidizes to protect the steel near it. Even if scratched, the oxidized zinc protects the steel surface. Zinc melts at @950 F. and vaporizes @1650 F. When zinc vaporizes it reacts with the air to form zinc oxide. Zinc oxide is the substance that causes welders to experience metal fume fever, flue like symptoms, when they breathe in enough of the zinc oxide in a welding setting. Some welders become use to zinc oxide and it doesn't bother them, some welders could be sensitized and have allergic like reaction to the zinc oxide. Zinc is also an essential part to proper growth to plants and animals. When zinc oxide is breathed into the body, the body can absorb it and eliminate it with no long term health affects. There has been extensive research into the use of zinc for medicinal purposes as well as the health affects of zinc oxide.
>>
>>1091280

I know, I know, ask an engineer what time it is and he tells you how to build a watch! Sorry, but in order for you to understand what I am about to say, a little background information is helpful. In a nutshell, burning wood in a galvanized ring should not present a major problem outdoors due to the open ventilation and the rapid mixture of the zinc oxide with the air. The fire can get hot enough to melt the zinc coating, but soon after the zinc is melted away, the ring will begin to rust as you will observe. If your fire rings are big enough and do not get hot enough to melt the zinc coating, the rings should last a long time. Zinc is not as toxic as most people think! No one has ever died from metal fume fever! I hope this answers your question, if you have further questions or need any additional information, do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thanks for the quick response, greatly appreciated. I had forgotton to ask if it is still safe if my kids cook hotdogs and roast marshmellows over the fire where I had installed a steel galvanized fire pit ring? I stll like my kids - not teenagers yet. Thanks. Art.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480311382408.jpg (16KB, 499x339px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480311382408.jpg
16KB, 499x339px
>>1090822
Give the guy a break. Anon just soak it in vinegar and galvanized comes off.

Niagara concrete??????? Nooooooo!
>>
>>1090826
God bless I domefag. Never leave us.
>>
>>1091167
Fuck yes. Domefag is one of us! Try a gallon jug of vinegar and a sponge or scrubby thing
>>
>>1091171
Sure is. Found that out the hard way.

Weld a bunch of zinc shit inside. The guys come over. Have 1 beer and commence to shit and puke all over my shop floor...
>>
File: IMG_0858.jpg (347KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
347KB, 1280x960px
>>1091478
Feeling the love.

I fired it up last night, it got way to hot and was glowing red from the outside. I put the fire out with water.

I decided to buy one more length of stove pipe and to do a final burn in tonight.
I probably should have made a fireplace out of concrete.

I'm thinking of designing a concrete dome. Make it in paper mache. Covering it in layers of concrete.

I enjoy spending time designing than manufacturing. If it cost $50 in bricks, can I make it in $5 of concrete with good design is my goal.

I might make a small zonohedron in paper mache than cover that in concrete as a fireplace. Maybe put some wheels on it to move it around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0qVnfPC3uU&feature=youtu.be
It got to hot, I had to shutt it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTAp7IyfBRI

Where I live, the area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1Lco-5Hxs&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>1091763
YouTube some fiberglass reinforced concrete lawn art and fountains and shit. Please God man do not make a fireplace from concrete it will essentially explode.

It pools like thick water and is brittle as shit so u need a good form. Like a bigger trash can and a concrete form tube or smaller non zinc bucket inside. Mix a bag of plaster of Maris and sand. With water. 50/50 mix and use a 1/2" drill and sturdy mixer. Go nuts and pour into form. Let it set over night and light the bitch on fire.

Pretty much poor man fire brick. Less efficient in every way but cheap.

Through in some chicken wire or get some stainless steel wool scrubbers and unravel them for added support.

Good luck!
>>
>>1091868
>plaster of Maris and sand
Great Idea.

Thanks

>>1092220
>What is your social security number and mothers maiden name.
That would be NO.
>>
>>1092474
>>1091868
>>1092220
Reminder that Wayne Lambright is a hobo con artist parasitizing the people around him and especially the elderly. Wayne Lambright was 5 months behind on the rent for his mobile home before the owner kicked Wayne Lambright out. This guy had also loaned Wayne Lambright over $1000 in his many failed attempts to get the psycho Wayne Lambright to straighten his life out. Everybody coming into contact with Wayne Lambright eventually learn. Wayne Lambright has no conscience, no prospects, no loyalty, no skills, no future. Behind Wayne Lambright is a long trail of devastated and financially inconvenienced people stretching back into Wayne Lambright's 20s. Wayne Lambright also managed to con older technologically illiterate people into handing over several tens of thousands of dollars for projects that could have been carried out by an outsourced indian in one week. In Wayne Lambright's hands, not even that can be done. Wayne Lambright is the perfect storm of incompetence and narcissism and the only people who have been willing to maintain a relationship with Wayne Lambright for more than a few months are a couple of redneck alcoholics and a methhead with whom Wayne Lambright enjoys periods of homosexual debauchery including the use of stimulants while seeking out ill reputed public bathrooms for "slam bams." But don't worry, Wayne Lambright fully forgives himself every time so he's Not Gay.
>>
>>1092476
Reminder that Wayne Lambright is an ambitious innovator and an unsurpassed fount of highly varied million dollar ideas that would lead to billion dollar corporations if only he had powerful connections. Wayne Lambright sits on a fortune in unsold long term investments despite enduring economic setbacks due to his political and philanthropic goals -- one word domains, cars, you name it -- proving that Wayne Lambright has foresight and discipline perhaps only overshadowed by Warren Buffet. Wayne Lambright does home and auto repairs with ease, grows his own vegetables, cooks delicious meals, and he can code pretty much anything. Wayne Lambright's galaxy of intellectual and masculine pursuits effortlessly blended with fine arts paints a portrait of him as a true renaissance man. Wayne Lambright is also a passionate man whose deep capacity for love and hate, kindness, and genial social interaction completes his painting -- as the apex human. man of the future. Wayne Lambright is a distinguished Toastmaster and builds geodesic domes because fuck it why not. When Wayne Lambright's not busy with one of his two dozen million dollar business ideas he runs for president from his President dome.
>>
you're that schizophrenic that lives in the woods, right? get help
>>
File: 1480536178930.png (140KB, 658x548px) Image search: [Google]
1480536178930.png
140KB, 658x548px
>>1092477
'domes'
>his joints occur in 6-8 planes because he just layers the wood on top of each other instead of joining it all correctly in the same plane. His domes aren't strong, they are limited by the strength of any one screw, any failure causes a catastrophic cascade.

You don't even remember writing this to yourself do you?
>>
>>1092474
Lol. Paris. Sand is easy to get or 4 bucks at lows. Bag of plaster is 25 bucks. 3 or 3 would do it. Working time is shit so use cold water and a 1/2 sturdy drill and mixer
>>
>>1092476
This seems like either u got burned by him or replaced another name and samefagged.
>>
>>1092476
He's a fucking troll from Norway Turmblrisms. He's ass blasted I won't be his friend, so he's smearing my name.
>>
I want to kill that troll Tumblrisms, his nonstop harassment is illegal and FBI, NSA, CIA are all on the case. https://vid.me/ER5H
>>
>>1092487
This guy is a known scammer, schizo, and flat earther. He's been spamming himself on /pol/ for years, and has recently begun on /diy/.

>>1092496
>Death threats
Saved :3
>>
>>1090817
Stop shilling your YouTube channel, you need to buy ads.
>>
>>1092497
I'm pretty sure I saw him (or possibly an impostor) on /k/ asking for bomb making instructions or something stupid like that.
>>
>>1092533
If it was sometime last year, yes that was actually him. I'm waiting for him to discover the car board so they can laugh at him for owning a 928.
>>
>>1092496

I still want to kill you. TumblrIsms is human scum. :-)

He is the fucker extorting me.
>>
>>1092574

The troll tumblrisms made a robot to shitpost. Dude, somebody will eventually kill you. You're the scum of scum.
>>
File: dfgdf.jpg (49KB, 819x512px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdf.jpg
49KB, 819x512px
>>1092577
>it's all about the dome dweller
Proof of concept for some software I wanted to sell to idiots and I succeeded. Here's an awesome pic. Hope you eventually obtain a happy life.
>>
>>1092577
Someone explain to me what the fuck this program is.
>>1092583
Also I'm pretty sure these two are samefags.
>>
>>1092492
Well fuck him then
>>
>>1092577
>made a robot to shitpost.

Should he not be the king of /b? Fucking hell...
>>
>>1092760
>Well fuck him then
Exactly fuck that guy. He's posting lots of lies, that would land him in jail for harrasment and If I could get my hands on him, I'd be in jail for cutting his fucking head off. It's not worth the time to figure it out. Moving on with my life.

>>1092763
>Should he not be the king of /b? Fucking hell...
He probably is. He's the guy who hacked the Skype last year. I reported him to FBI last year. I'm sure that went into the trash can.
>>
>>1090817
>burning galvanized steel

enjoy your cancer.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.