[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

night vision battery probs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: WK10_PD_388x314_63a.jpg (58KB, 388x314px) Image search: [Google]
WK10_PD_388x314_63a.jpg
58KB, 388x314px
Hello, i got a night vision camera that works on 3x cr123a's but since these batteries wont last long i want to use an external battery or powerbank, now any tips on doing that? so i'll probably need 9volts or am i wrong?
*pic related
>>
>so i'll probably need 9volts or am i wrong?
probably, but it could be 3 or 3 and 6
>>
>>1090414
9v battery won't last any longer.
MAh rating is what matters.
Think of volts has octane and mAh as fuel tank size.
You're running on a 5 gallon tank, you need a 30 gallon tank.
You need 6x D-cells in series, since 123's are 3v and D-cells are 1.5 (nicad anyways, some rechargables are 1.2v)
Better yet would be a 6x2 of D-cells.
>>
>>1090414
You need to find what voltage it normally requires then buy a power bank that outputs the EXACT voltage. no more and no less.

too much voltages may fry, or not enough volts and the device will not function normally.

You want more MaH not voltage.
>>
These posters don't know what they're talking about. You definitely need more power. This is what you do:

Get a lightning rod and mount it to the top of a clock tower. Run an electrical cable down to the streets. Then, at precisely 10:04pm, with your night vision camera in hand, run at the cable and make contact the exact moment lightning strikes. Your camera should be good to go for 12 hours.
>>
>>1091441
You are retarded, batteries are not linear power sources, 3.7 li-Ion goes from 4.2 to 3.0.

OP: you can setup a power bank from 18650 cells from laptop batteries or buy a RC power pack from the desired voltage and a step up /step down circuit, use a RC charger to recharge your pack.

I converted a nimh 14.4 cordless drill black & decker to 16 18650 cells array 4parallel x 4 and each of this in series for a pack that goes from 12v to 16.8v, I use a hobby king 1-6s charger/blancer to charge the pack at 1A
>>
>>1091656
not retarded. what my post says is not to overload the regulator in the night vision fucking idiot. also a drill is a lot different than night vision device. get educated pls.
>>
File: madagascar-monkeys.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
madagascar-monkeys.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>1091866
>get educated
Did you even read nigger? What do your illiterate ass thinks the step down/up circuit is for? Not to power up your prostate stimulator for sure, but to provide an adecuate voltage for the night vision device; the drill dont even have an over discharge protection, because if i damage the batteries i can jam them up your ass
>>
>>1091910
The reason i said use EXACT voltage was because that is the output AFTER the step-down/regulator from the power bank stupid. not my fault you cant read. NIGGER
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.