[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fog lights wiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: foggies.png (9KB, 914x354px) Image search: [Google]
foggies.png
9KB, 914x354px
So the previous owner of my bmw installed foglights, but did a half ass job. The system worked when he ran a cheap 12v toggle switch which i wanted to replace before cleaning up all the wiring and whatnot. I got a better toggle switch, but it is rated at 14v 21a (ignore picture im tired.) When i hooked everything up the fog lights wouldn't turn on. A switch rated for higher power can't be a problem? I tried playing around with the leads on the switch but still no light.
>>
>>1090163
There's not really any way to tell from this crappy drawing.
>>
>>1090163
The current for the lights doesn't go through the switch, only the current to operate the relay which is the whole point, the relay uses much less current so the switch doesn't have to be huge.

The rating of the switch is not the problem, if it was it would be all hot smelly and melted.
You fucked up somewhere else.
You need either a multimeter or to post pics
>>
>>1090181
This. Will try and find my shitty air horse wiring diagram. Should be samesame. Replace horn switch with togle. And replace compressor with fog lights.

Not sure why my chin shit switches ground but hot wire is more common
>>
>>1090163
This should work anon. Consider that if the fog lights are led they probably only work 1 direction. +-+ - to -. They don't work with wires swapped. Try this diagram. Spot (single pole single throw) relay. Try short wires and make sure it works before doing all the work.
>>
File: wolodiagram.png (54KB, 639x304px) Image search: [Google]
wolodiagram.png
54KB, 639x304px
>>1090347
Jesus....
>>
File: Diagram.jpg (96KB, 1020x650px) Image search: [Google]
Diagram.jpg
96KB, 1020x650px
>>
>>1090163
is it a lighted power switch?

i don't know why you went over kill on the switch, a amp is ussually all thats needed to trip a relay. lighted switches have their own fuze protection ussually. LED's will block any electricity if they are in the wrong direction, if its a lighted switch reverse the wires at the switch.

if that switch is rated for 21amps, and the fog lights are fuse protected at 15 amps, why are you even messing around with the relay. your switch is beefy enough to just connect the 15amp fused line directly to the fog lights.

also, it might be a bad ground, trace back where ever the cabin ground is connected to the chassis and make sure it has bare metal contact, if not use sand paper or a screw driver to remove paint and rust and then use dielectric grease.
>>
>>1090378
thats illegal where i live, add on lights can only be on when parking or headlights are on, the switch power source has to come from a pigtail at the head light fuze.
>>
>>1090380
what ever works
>>
>>1090378
I had to revise my original diagram since it was wrong
>>
File: Revised.jpg (51KB, 906x647px) Image search: [Google]
Revised.jpg
51KB, 906x647px
>>1090417
>>
>>1090379
I always run bus bars of relays and keep records so I can easily add electronics
>>
>>1090380
Pfff. Tell those faggot Nazionale to suck your dick. You can run clear on front, amber on sides, and red on back in all 50 states bruh.
>>
>>1090380
oh lord dont be an outlaw by all means
>>
>>1090380
>>1090382
>>1090619
>>1090747

make sure they shutoff when you high-beams come on
>>
>>1091102
Easily done
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.