[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: boystuff.jpg (48KB, 995x498px) Image search: [Google]
boystuff.jpg
48KB, 995x498px
Hey guys, i need someone experienced with wireless transmission to give me a hand here.
I'm trying to build POV display id you don't know what that is watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVOgsUOslMs&t=1s

And the problem i have is with how to power the rotating part. I was thinking about wireless power transmission but can't find a guide how to send power up to 9V - on lower voltages all you need is coil and transistor.
>>
>>1090002
Just do what they do for tank turrets. Make a slip ring.
>>
Why not brushes? That's how DC motors get power to the spinning electromagnets.

I've done some wireless power stuff. It's a transformer with air between the coils instead of ferrite. You need AC on the primary coil and bridge rectifier, decoupling, and maybe regulator on the secondary coil to get DC. The regular transformer rules apply, you just lose a lot of current from the poor efficiency caused by no ferrite core. Vp/Vs = Np/Ns = Is/Ip . Get more voltage out by putting more voltage in or changing the difference in number of turns between primary and secondary coils.
>>
>>1090012
brushes make noise don't they?
>>1090008
that seems even more complex than the transmission
>>
Put magnets on the base, coils on the spinning part to make a generator.
>>
>>1090015
>a brass/copper ring with a brush sounds more difficult than sending power over the air
>>
>>1090008
>>1090015
Or just buy one from adashit if making two brushes and a couple of metal rings is too difficult for you.
>>
>>1090015
if your using 2 bushes they would have constant contact, noise would be minimal. what ever means your using to make it spin would cause more noise due to intermittent contact of its brushes.
>>
>>1090388
Besides, noise would just be on the power feed.
Bog simple to filter.
>>
>>1090002
Look up how to build a tesla coil. Thats pretty much all you need to know, they are relatively simple circuits, and you could custom make one to provide whatever voltage you need via the ratio of turns. The problem with wireless transmission in your applications is
1) it needs to be AC you cannot wirelessly transmit DC unless you are arcing out millions of volts.
2) the surrounding electronics need to be able to tolerate stray/high voltages.

Wireless transmission works better with higher voltages. Since you are inducing a voltage in another coil via the air all the nearby conductors will also get an induced voltage. As others have said go with brushes and slip rings. It will be cheaper, way easier, and they wont make that much noise. Some are pretty close to silent.
>>
>>1090012
Why not use the same technology as a brushless motor?
>>
>>1090463
Brushless motor doesn't need brushes because the electromagnets are stationary and the permanent magnets spin. They don't need to get electricity into something that's spinning.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.