[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY: Christmas ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

Hey /diy/, I'm a bit short on money this holiday season and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some ideas for gifts. Thanks!
>>
>>1089435
what are you good at/what kind of tools do you have? personally i work at a granite fabrication shop so i like to do gifts with stone
>>
>>1089442
same guy but ive done cutting boards, jewelry boxes, and coasters which are all pretty easy to do
>>
>>1089435
I find anything woodworking will please most people as long as it looks goods.

>boxes
>crosses for the Catholics
>picture frames
>so on
>>
>>1089534
cocksmithing thread?
>>
>>1090833

Pls YES
>>
>everyone opens their gifts
>all get custom carved dildos
>"oh no! I donated the wrong packages!"

personally I'd find it hilarious
>>
I'm gonna do some sauerkraut this year. Cabbage is cheap. Add some herbs and brine. You can ferment it for months but the short recipes are only a few days. Do it all in one giant jar and transfer to smaller jars right before you give it a way. Put a ribbon around the jar=fancy.
If people don't like sauerkraut you can do minced peppers and its like a hot sauce. Maybe start peppers sooner than later though.
>>
>>1091768
I once made hand ground paprika for friends.. And holy shit people are dumb. "Omg anon you can make exotic spices?!" like I didnt know I knew so many retarded people..

For those who dont know.. Dry red bell peppers and grind them up... Paprika....
>>
>>1089442
Badass. Was considering doing my own granite countertops. Never done granite. Worth a shot or should I go fuck myself?
>>
>>1089445
Yeah op. Should look into those tile coasters. My sister-in-law prints on tissue paper somehow and decoupage or whatever over the top. Cheap as fuck and can personalize.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480177669340.jpg (29KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480177669340.jpg
29KB, 540x540px
>>1090833
Yes please?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480508198450.jpg (38KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480508198450.jpg
38KB, 528x960px
>>1090851
That can be aranged....
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480508325681.jpg (54KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480508325681.jpg
54KB, 720x1280px
>>1090851
>>
>>1091852
its really not worth doing your own countertops because i can guarantee youll fuck it up no offense. if you were hell bent on doing it get a place where you can make a shit load of dust and noise that wont piss of your wife or neighbors. the main issue would be that youll have no way to move slabs around unless you own a forklift with a boom attachment and then youll need to drop a few hundred dollars on tools. in short get someone to do it for you or youll blow lots of money and wont be happy with the outcome
>>
>>1089435
DeWalt brand DeWalt tools on sale now!

You can get a decent set of power tools with batteries for like 100 bucks. If a new set of drills doesn't make a diyer happy, nothing will.
>>
>>1093414
But what if the person I am gifting likes good tools?
They would be very disappointed to get rebadged black friday special tools.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.330182709.jpg (248KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.330182709.jpg
248KB, 1280x960px
>>1089435
I was thinking about making a game for my nephews, based on Bagatelle but making it more interesting. Maybe added mechanics, electronics, magnets, etc.
>>
>>1093413
Second this desu. Tried to do mine with the help of a buddy and it turned out ugly as sin. Ripped them out a year ago and went with concrete instead. Incredibly A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>1093416
Then get the Dewalt brand Dewalt useful tools, and not things like 4v assisted screwdrivers. If they don't mind, their old Pod/Stem battery tools are dirt cheap now, and you can even get lithium replacements for the batteries.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, I find that 12v (10.68) compact kits always make people happy. I got one of the Makita ones for my mom, and she loves it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.