[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I work at a lumberyard and since we throw away boards and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2393comp-2x4-big.jpg (25KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
2393comp-2x4-big.jpg
25KB, 515x515px
So I work at a lumberyard and since we throw away boards and sheets that have defects I have access to virtually endless free wood. The only problem is it's mostly spruce, the ugliest wood in the world. What would /diy/ do with that kind of timber? Make some cool shit and apply stains/paint/varnish?
>>
It should stain up pretty well, from memory Spruce is fairly easy to carve and work with. Outdoor furniture with a decent UV resistant stain and varnish (or even one of the tougher outdoor paints) will even hold up ok to the elements
>>
>>1089080
It's basically construction grade only. Make a shed, a detached garage, a carport, a breezeway etc.
>>
>>1089090
A carport is in the making. But we also carry some "less crap" wood like rough sawn panel boards, flooring and stuff like that, I was thinking about sending them through the planer.
>>
Laminate it together to make a large cube of wood about 10 ft cubed. Then get your chainsaw and hollow it out into a little hobbit hole!
>>
Send some to me!

I dunno. You can think of things that are painted. Once paint is on, it doesn't matter what the wood looks like underneath. Like a painted trellis or something. Or work benches, where appearance doesn't matter.
>>
Sheds and dog houses.
>>
>>1089080
where you at roughly?
i like building
>>
yeah make a bunch of small things like dog houses and then paint and sell them to make some money on the side.
>>
>>1091535
Seconded
>>
I think natural types of finish or non-transparent paints look best with spruce.

Build yourself a workbench!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.