[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headphone Guitar Tube Amp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
I'm interested in having an all tube guitar amp.
I'm no electrician.
Is it as simple as using a tube powered pre amp (Hughes & Kettiner Cream Machine or something like that) into one of these mini mp3 booster tube amps, then into a cab simulator?
Any suggestions about which pre amp/amp/simulator would be appreciated.

Or any suggestions as to how to build one into a single unit. A tone stack would be a big plus as I would prefer that to running a pedal.
>>
Sorry the heading should be
All tube guitar headphone amp.
>>
File: 1480155936619.png (143KB, 642x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480155936619.png
143KB, 642x700px
You clearly have no idea what you are doing. Not just electronic wise but guitar wise. I feel like you heard that tubes are cool and now thats why you want an all rube amp.

Yes you can make a tube amplifier and have it's impedance matched to a set of headphones. Why you would want to is beyond me.
It would take two transformers, a power transformer for power, tubes take a lot of voltage, and a output transformer to match the output impedances. You could even get away with 2 tubes in each section. 2 push pull preamp tubes and 2 push pull amplifiers. Lets say you use 2-12ax7s and 2-6L6. And with a handy little application of ohms and kirhofs laws, and a bit of biasing you would have yourself 3rd degree electrical burns and an arrhythmia that's probably going to kill you sooner rather than later Because you just got electrocuted with 800v out of your tube powered death trap.

You could achieve the same headphone amp effect with a single LM357 and a 9v battery. And skip the whole I don't even know how I got killed bit.
>>
>>1089940
You're doing god's work.
>>
File: xwPkCUs.jpg (96KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
xwPkCUs.jpg
96KB, 500x726px
>>1089944
Well i don't like to toot my own horn
>>
>>1089019
>I'm no electrician.
clearly, because electricians install fuseboxes and lampsockets.
they dont build amplifiers.

I've built a few tube amps, and I don't think you are up for it.

google up some schems for a simple headset amp.
cigarette box amp or something.

-simple
-non-lethal
-costs almost nothing compared to tube amps.
>>
>>1089940
Another post for the moral support here.
>>
OP start with this kit.
https://www.boxedkitamps.com/solob-pocket-bass-amp-kit
If you can get it working you will still be no where close to building a tube amp.
>>
>>1089019

Do it and blow the fuck out of yourself.

If have some zero experience in electronics you shouldn't be messing with vacuum tubes.

Besides, opamps produce far more consistent sounds.
>>
File: IMG_20161130_181721618.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_181721618.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
>>1089019
I am going to jump in on this thread because it is tangentially related to what I was going to ask about. I have an old speaker (pic related) that I would like to hook up to an amp board and a battery pack to make a little portable speaker. The issue is, I know nothing about small electronics. My experience is only in residential wiring, so I understand the fundamentals but this is all a little above me, and Google hasn't helped much. Can anyone help?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.