[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disability Insurance for Tradesmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: man-laid-up-in-hospital.jpg (26KB, 386x291px) Image search: [Google]
man-laid-up-in-hospital.jpg
26KB, 386x291px
What are your experiences with this? Every professional I know has disability insurance, but how does it work when you have a job that is actually dangerous? I'm willing to bet that it is very expensive, if you can even get insured at all.
>>
After couple injuries at work place and home my boss bought me an insurance that begins when i step over my doorstep :D doesnt matter if im at work or doing fun things :D
>>
>>1088621
I do building maintenance. The company I work for pays for everything.

>health insurance
>life insurance
>accidental death and disability
>dental
>vision
>and a couple more I can't think of

In all it's about 13k of benifits.

From what I understand if you get hurt they pay for medical costs and a monthly allowance to live on.

[spoiler]i don't want to find out[/spoiler]
>>
>>1088621
Any decent place you work that has you doing dangerous stuff will pay for that stuff out of your benefits package. If they aren't then you shouldn't be working for them.
>>
>>1088645
What kind of benefits are we talking about? Around here a typical journeyman electrician makes 75-80k a year. This is good money, and some sort of basic living allowance may not cut it if he gets hurt and cant work.
>>
>>1088648
For example, mine is 60% of previous income, minus income tax. I think there's also some benefits for child care, and some kind of reimbursment for rehabilitation costs, since they save money if you get better and go back to work.
>>
>>1088621
Professional pyrotechnician , and licensed blaster here.

You can get it, i have it. My life insurance is about 3500 a year for term life.

My ADD and short term disability is about 2500 a year.

Most expensive ive seen was for deep sea welders. Term life was closer to 15k a year.
>>
>>1088648
Where the fuck does a journeyman make that kind of dough? Around here, an experienced journeyman might get 25 an hour if he's white and works for a white company.
>>
>>1088941
That's CAD m8
>>
File: 20161125_231927.jpg (2MB, 1368x3383px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_231927.jpg
2MB, 1368x3383px
>>1088621
Not sure. But u better figure it out.

>pic related

My $40,000 foot. Paid for in cash. 1 year off work. Daily suffering and hole about.

Can't even work a real job or enjoy walking.

Mfw I got arthritis in my 20's.

Mfw I HAVE to get rich investing or die broken and with (Muh family heart disease) i probably won't hit 60 no matter what I do anyway.

Best get your shot squared away lads.

I'm 30 years old and the last few months seriously considered getting a cane again...
>>
>>1088621
It's mandatory in my state. Employers can either pay the state for their disability insurance or be slef insured. Either way, the premiums (or plan funding) is specified by regulation and varies based upon the type of work and track record of the firm. Insurance for roofers is much higher than barista.

Anecdote: I used to work for a local utility. They killed so many of their linemen that the state jacked their insurance rates up to the point that they can't run their own crews. Everything is subcontracted to outfits that actually have decent safety records.
>>
>>1089736
Look into disability or other government training benefits and learn something you can do as a gimp. CAD draughtsmen who don't suck can make decent money and the field isn't crowded.

If Americuck, Pell Grants and lottery money etc are worth investigating. Check your Financial Aid peeps at community college. BTW schools tend to promote from within and have good benefits.
>>
>>1091428
Thanks for the advise. I can use my gimpy foot still. Got a good job running a loader but it hurts all the time. I may look into this as a backup if I get fired or laid off one day. Been trying to build a bracket to have a left foot gas pedal bit thearly fucking brake is in the way and I don't want to rig it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.