[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: nigger house.jpg (49KB, 677x508px) Image search: [Google]
nigger house.jpg
49KB, 677x508px
I want to build a small house out in the sticks for when I decide to go hunting or just go out in general, so it probably will just have a wood stove for heating and no plumbing or electricity.

I want to do all of the construction myself, but I've never really done anything of this scale before. If you could give me one tip for building a house solo other than "don't" please post it.
>>
youtube has tons of videos on this.
>>
Sounds like a bothy m8
>>
The YouTube channel Primitive Technology has perfect videos showing how it's done.
>>
>>1088337
>one tip for building a house solo
one tip for posting on /diy/

dont ask generic and vague questions that you cant google yourself
>>
>>1088337
>out in the sticks

on property you own or have permission for, of course
>>
>>1088337
Check out earth bag homes or mayne that shit where u mix portland cement and oaoer for bricks. Like 299 bucks u have a cuckshed.
>>
>>1088363
this
>>
Adobe houses have been done for centuries try that
>>
>>1088546
Hold on there, Kemosabi. You are telling me if I put mud in mold and let the sun hit it enough I can build a house?
>>
get some metal mesh that is very cheap
get some old think blankets
get some cement

make a dome with the metal mesh
mix the blankets with the cement
put blankets on top of dome and let the dome harden
give it some 3 layers

now you have a house that costed your 500€ and its bigger than most peoples house and you did it in one day
>>
>>1089125
what kind of "metal mesh" is gonna hold up blankets covered in concrete?
>>
File: HPIM2547a.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM2547a.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1088337
If you can get a cement mixer to your lot consider ICF. The building will be easy to heat (super insulated). One guy can stack and secure the block and prep for pour. The building will be secure. I would add steel shutters over any windows. Pic related, an ICF garage I built that I always thought would be a perfect cabin in the woods.
>>
>>1089136
Did you need help with the steel beams? Is the smaller one mid wall structural or is it for a hoist or something?
>>
>>1089140
The steel company that delivers them lifted them into place. The top one is ridge for open rafter roof. I didn't want trusses. Used engineered joist for the long run to the back and 2x8s in the steeper front. The lower beam supports the loft and I have a 2 ton chain hoist and trolley hanging from it.
>>
>>1088582
I don't know if thats sarcasm you are using but it more than fills OP criteria: It's structurally sound, any idiot (ie. OP) can do it, its probably the cheaper option other than a wooden shack.
>>
>>1088337
>>1088363
>>1088503

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzMfeQyY5xM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE
>>
>>1089131
fence metal mesh, use more than one layer if needed

but this is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtJki5fdp-8
>>
>>1088337
look up "earth bag building"
>>
>>1088448
Oaoer?
>>
>>1088337
What kind of sticks do you have around? What you can build depends on the resources you have
>>
>>1088363
This for sure, very doable
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.