[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of black magic is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1478298611776.gif (3MB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1478298611776.gif
3MB, 500x275px
Hello /diy/
I don't know where to go with this type of questions, so I'll try to explain it here

I'm currently studying web design, and I came across something that I can only describe as high quality black magic. I'm using a css stylesheet that I got from a friend, since his styles are way better than mine, and he told me to study them. Anyway, as I was trying to implement the stylesheet, I came across with the fact that, regardless of anything I do, the effects of the stylesheet never change, as long as the route for the stylesheet is written.

I even tried erasing the whole css folder (there was only 2 files there anyway) without changing the code, and it still shows the same fucking colors and everything.

I don't know how am I supposed to take this, I just can't fucking deal with this shit, please /diy/, tell me why is this shit happening.
>>
I assume you cached the website. Try reloading with Shift+F5 or on another device.
>>
>>1088297
already did, thousands of times
I didn't catched it, I made it... I don't understand how is it possible neither
>>
>>1088295
Upload it somewhere so I can test this
>>
>>1088306
You tried another device? Was it on the same ISP?

Many isp's will run a cache themselves so if you are using two separate devices but going through the same router you could be seeing a cached page.
>>
>>1088295
Your whatever dreamweaver shit is using a backup copy since you "deleted" the folder and now it is using its backup

Or there is some external references in your css

Regardless no one can tell you what it is unless you post your shit up to pastebin or whatever, you have basically given us no information other than some random symtome and we can go on and list ten million possible causes and still it could be wrong

So just post your shit and get quick answer

Also, I would argue this is more a /g/ topic because /diy/ is more a making physical shit board, you will get more replies over there
>>
>>1088295
do you have the stylesheet uploaded somewhere?
also >>57619783
>>
>>1089242
fuck that was supposed to go to /wdg/ on /g/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.